• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

More accurately you're taking cover in the hopes that should it detonate, it'll have to go through your legs before hitting a particularlly vital organ... or that it'll have to go through somebody else first.

And it's better then just standing there gawking as it goes off.

HighDarkLord said:
And it's better then just standing there gawking as it goes off.

Which is normally what happens since it takes that long for the brain to fully register the problem, which is when the fuse detonates the payload.

Deacon's pretty quick as far as reflexes go, however. So he may manage to send one back.

The other however, I have my doubts. (Up to you which one.) I could have Claire take the brunt of it, seeing as how I don't hardly post for her anymore. (I'm realizing how poorly I do with her in combat situations, and Amelia in non-combat situations. Which is unfortunately where both of them are stuck right now.)

Okay, we've seen the Uniques can take a very heavy blunt impact to the 'weaker' points of their armor. How well would the neck portion take a puncture attempt from Tweak's knife? The knife is basically as strong and sharp as a steel combat blade, just with a slightly unfinished appearance.

Or, since I don't think I'm likely to get a straight answer on that, what is the appearance and composition of the armor covering the neck, elbows, shoulders, wrists, knees, ankles, hips (where the leg armor would meet the codpiece), and stomach? AKA, the obvious weak points?

Tweak could strike upwards, to get at the bottoms of their chins, or the base of their throat. That would probably be a rather soft area, not to mention her neko-strength. Even with a face-plate to protect them, it would be easy to slip under and through it.

Could work against Canker, too, since that type of strike is designed to get through gorgets.

Dragonnova said:
I could have Claire take the brunt of it, seeing as how I don't hardly post for her anymore.

:O

Because one of the uniques, I think it was Bell, threw her grenade, then another threw a grenade, and its aim was off, hit the door, and that's the one that rolled through.

Liam : A good weak spot, but not very useful in Tweak's situation, with four Uniques to stab through before one could kill Kez, Ciril, or both...not likely. I mean I could try, but I don't know for sure it will suceed and if it doesn't she would immediately change tactics, something that the posting conventions of SP (in fact the situation would play better in a JP). I am also having problems finding a way to write her next actions in a way that isn't god-moding.

Well, if we could bang out a schedule between you, Moonie, Liam and myself I wouldn't mind sorting this thing out in a sort of mini JP scenario. I do agree that JP a better way to do an action sequence. Definitely a faster one.

MissingNo said:
Okay, we've seen the Uniques can take a very heavy blunt impact to the 'weaker' points of their armor. How well would the neck portion take a puncture attempt from Tweak's knife? The knife is basically as strong and sharp as a steel combat blade, just with a slightly unfinished appearance.

Or, since I don't think I'm likely to get a straight answer on that,
Because that would be like giving an answer to you. In *this* case of needing information, I'm afraid you'll have to either gain it through trying in-character, or play it safe and think of something else. Both of these decisions will work out in its own way.

what is the appearance and composition of the armor covering the neck, elbows, shoulders, wrists, knees, ankles, hips (where the leg armor would meet the codpiece), and stomach? AKA, the obvious weak points?
It's very similar to how the CSS suit is; a black mesh-like suit below armor plating. Seeing as it isn't powered, there's nothing to move joint mechanisms, so it leaves it open to use natural movement...like most combat armor does.

The composition, I cannot tell you OOCly.

I'm not too sure how much schedule will be able to match up with all of yours, I'm back to working at night again for the next couple of weeks.

I can tell you that if we continue to SP so that I don't hold us up, though, to play it smart. We've put our characters in a difficult situation, and I'm about as hesitant of pulling the trigger as the rest of you are.

Triple post, because I'm really cool.

For those of you in the hallway, I will be getting you a post in the near future; you're situation is *slightly* less delicate than the other. :oops:

Don't suppose you could find a little time on Saturday? Granted, we've got to wait to hear from Missing about timing, but I'm clear from 7PM, EST. I'm going to be waiting til then (at least) to post anyway. I want to see what Missing and Liam are going to do before I have Cyril let out the inevitable stream of profanity.

Hmm having to resort to glowing weapons in boss fights is probably the main complaint right now of this RP. Currently given no options other than use the special weapon given to kill specific enemy.

Its like first Call of Duty where a tank attacks, and your ordered to get the Rocket Launcher. You HAVE to use the rocket launcher, as throwing grenades at it has no effect.

We would also need details on the environment since this is basically now a survival type RP, if there was like a fork lift, or if the room was full of junk, or even full of chest high walls, would be welcome. We lacked this before and was sort of the reason Jen objected in retreating to the lab since we had an open ground with probably a bunch of junk to use which could be more favorable than the risk that the super "plot" weapon didn't work.

Anyway, just my 2 zenny.

A survival RP where we have peashooters vs combat assault rifles. Hell, it took a convent plot contravice that allowed us to even do anything to these enemies.

(And I bet twenty bucks that their jumpsuits are knife proof)

Oh probably. And Laj probably has some sort of trick up his sleeve to get out of the knife to throat thing too.

Just broadly, I think Moonie's something like a catch 22 scenario right now. He doesn't want to kill of any players, but he doesn't want to make the Uniques vulnerable to anything short of the glowing special weapon. Since Moonie doesn't want to change his two goals, well, we're basically just along for the ride. He's said that we should think on our feet and use our environments, but so far everything other then what's fairly obviously the 'correct' course of action has been more or less useless if not outright lethal.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back