• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

MoonMan said:
Also, Missing, is Tweak actively trying to seek energy sources at the moment? Kinda hard to tell, and I'm not too sure if she can 'naturally' feel them or something.

Nah, she'd be visually looking for conduit taps/outlets, but as of my last post she gave up on that because she's also lacking materials.

I've got a vague idea of what she's going to say if questioned, but overall I'm just...panicking. Yeah, that sounds about right.

*sounds of someone crying "Why did I do that?" echo beyond the screen*

I don't really want to retract what I just posted, but at the same time I am very nervous.

Well, for what it's worth I'm pretty sure that she's alone in the observation deck right now. That's as good an opportunity to get some more energy, right?

On the meta front, if things are going to be iffy for you to post things for the immediate future Moonie, maybe the next thread should be some sort of R&R deally? I think that Squad 34 could really use a real break from getting their collective asses whomped. Maybe Cirrus could come up to an inhabited system, one with a space station/port of its own and maybe (gasp) a bar?

Of course...

You know, I'm really surprised that, given the 11000 staff and, more especially, the 6200 Neps on board, absolutely no one has managed to set up a still somewhere. I thought that Nepleslians burst into flames if they don't get their booze and/or smokes often enough. :)

The main problem is, of course, a still has little to NO subtlety. It's a huge piece of equipment, so someone will find it, eventually... And even then, where would you get fuel to fire the still?

Oh, and Cora, Speedy is nowhere near the door control, that's Noboru.

You gotta admit though, MAD. A still may be a big operation, but it's infinitesimally tiny compared to a station that's seven kilometers in its smallest dimension. 'sides, who says that it's not the security staff that are running the still? ;)

But even if they're just smuggling it on like you said Dragon, there still should be booze (and maybe cigarettes if everyone is careful) to be found somewhere. These are Nepleslians, right? Liquor is like mother's milk, and fresh air is for sissy Yammies.

MAD said:
The main problem is, of course, a still has little to NO subtlety. It's a huge piece of equipment, so someone will find it, eventually... And even then, where would you get fuel to fire the still?

Oh, and Cora, Speedy is nowhere near the door control, that's Noboru.
fixedid

Dragonnova said:
Nah, It's just smuggled on board in exchange for the dockworkers getting a little bit of it so that they turn a blind eye.
I'm pretty sure that Cassifin will catch on when her dockworkers begin turning up sightless.

Commander Kate Bowman: How do you propose that I explain to Houston that two of my crew went blind drinking moonshine vodka?
Gallagher: Very carefully?
I wish I could get a screenshot...their still isn't all that small, ran off Bunsen burners.

---

There is something driving me crazy because I don't have Tweak in a position to notice it, but I noticed Moon mention it and no one else has given it a second look! I think I know what the Yu-Cranker people may have gotten! If they stole anything at all, that is. But I also don't want to induce metagaming by mentioning it here...

Grr...

Also Cyril's out cold and Kez wasn't conscious to hear him say his implants were recording the whole talk with Yu...

Dawww, does moonie not like his players participating in the storyline?

(Though really, expect Claire to hate Cassefin's guts from here on out for that. It really is a new low, even for Montreal.)

Edit: Hell, she's not even a likable character anymore. ICly she's just asking for a station-wide mutiny, OOCly she just looks f&#%ing stupid.

Im sorry for the harsh words, I'll shut up now.

It's not that I don't want you all participating; it's simply because they can't be reoccurring villains if you kill them in their premier episode. D:>

Cassefin's reasons are her own, as well, and quite justified from her point of view. If anyone actually cares to know why she makes the decisions she does, I encourage them to ask.

MoonMan said:
It's not that I don't want you all participating; it's simply because they can't be reoccurring villains if you kill them in their premier episode. D:>

Cassefin's reasons are her own, as well, and quite justified from her point of view. If anyone actually cares to know why she makes the decisions she does, I encourage them to ask.
Reoccurring? That's lazy. :evil:

Of course she thinks she's right. But that's not going to temper Claire's wrath if/when they escape. She's pretty pissed right now, good luck.

MoonMan said:
Reoccurring is spelled correctly. : P

Also, it's not lazy, it's a legitimate plot device. D:
So is a dues ex machina, but no one likes them.

I guess my main problem is the lack of anything resembling closure. To you, those dockworkers were just 'moving targets, lol.' but to our characters, they were more than that. Perhaps the fact that they were simply innocent bystanders bother some characters, or perhaps that signifies that they, as security, failed their job to protect the station's personnel. Maybe they're just a legit reason to portray our opponents as 'bullet-sucking whores.' But there's no satisfaction at all. Not even a bittersweet one. We only got to kill a few, and that's simply because you gave in when EVERYONE shot at them. I guess it just feels like we were ripped off a little.

Meh. I rant a lot, don't I?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back