• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Goban Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character Name: Ma'at Bolverk
Character Occupation: Medical Assistant
Link to character bio: Bio
Link to character orders: Orders
Player Name: TensaiDreamer
Player YIM: sweetfairyjazz
Player Timezone: GMT -6

What should be the themesong/anthem for the Goban if there would be one?
Me and Zeph were discussing this, but we were stumped.

Any suggestions?

Each episode is named after an album I particularly like. So you could have the album as the soundtrack of that particular episode, though usually the title of the album is more important than the album itself.

I like that idea a lot, but what Luca is doing I think is adding an official theme song for the Goban.

Oh, and btw, here is a good album, The New America by Bad Religion

Thanks Zeph, that's just what I meant. Doshii, That's a clever way of naming our episodes, I never thought of it that way.

Anyway, I was thinking of a few themes from Animes that could suit us, to name a few...
- FLCL
- Trigun
- Cowboy Bebop
- Final Fantasy Unlimited
- Neon Genesis

Any other suggestions?

If I'm understanding this correctly, and each episode is named after an album title, then here is my unofficial list of names for Communique.

-Good News For People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse.

-The Fake Sound of Progress by Lost Prophets

-Losing Streak by Less Than Jake

-Danger! by Electric Six

and finally...

-From Here to Infirmary by Alkaline Trio

Oh...and how does one go about getting healed...I'm kinda at a loss of how to continue.

Our medic, perhaps, requires a more experienced doctor!

I shall provide in the morning. For now, laundry.

Shitcock.

Well, I'm working the next 7 days straight, gentlemen. So the stall isn't going to get "better," but I'll post tomorrow morning to help us all out.

With the idea of a theme song for the Goban itself i thought maybe just a suggestion we could do "Rise" its the opening theme song to GITS:2GIG or even maybe something from the first season of GITS:SAC

Zeph --

Let the GM control NPCs, okay? I know you're impatient, but trust me, it's a habit you need to be careful of. Got it?

I tend to be forgiving of NPC-usage if the player was just trying to move the plot along, but Jake has a good point. Other GMs might not be so forgiving. You also make the GM's job harder since you're basically moving his pieces.

It's not a good habit to have.

*nods* This is true. So everyone knows, Zeph's NPC usage was actually okay this time, but yes, I want to make sure everyone knows it's not a helpful habit to have.

Hey, Jake, please note that there shouldn't be any civilians in the military half of Kyoto.

Also: Hanako and company visited a tactical shop in Kyoto a while back. Maybe you might want to re-use this one:

https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30513
This trip to Kyoto also includes decriptions of a clothing store (for ladies) and a store for "initimate accessories" so to speak.

Oh! I didn't know if I could reuse that one. My bad!

I was recalling the Navy Base in Everett, which had civilians working on it a lot. But okay, I'll fix it.

Galar'll visit another shop for now.

Alternatively, you could have the shop be in the civilian sector.

Just a heads-up: I'm probably not going to be on that much this week (It's turkey week y'know) due to family and working. It's probably a good thing though, since Galar's taking a little adventure. If the story progresses; Jake, you can rp my character into a new body.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…