Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

I've had concerns raised indicating that the Miharu vs. Takumi encounter wasn't unfolding in a very entertaining manner... so, damage control time.

I'm putting it on hold for the moment... that said, Gallant, Kyoki, Kel and Doshii Jun don't have to post for their for the moment. We'll pause until the Black Knights are ready to return to the ship. From that point, I'll give a fast-forward and narrate what will have happened to the ship during that time, and resume the ship-to-ship conflict once most of the playerbase is involved in it rather than just a handful of it.

Hmm, I have to admit Tom I'm having a hard time reading this one. If I read it one way it does sound like M&M are gonna nuke everything around them. If I read it another it sounds like they were just planning on focusing their shots on one member at a time to try and go for a quick overwhelm kill since they're so spot on deadly accurate and all. Or maybe they are gonna do both.

Now that's a tough pickle to chew on.

Yeah, it's a difficult situation. I'm not the GM or anything, but I just posted my thoughts of the dangers presented by 2 Mindys who just don't give a ****.

Okay guys enough dickering around with corpses and junk. Anymore delays and Nyton is gonna get grumpy.

Fred, what's next? We move out and what? Asher mentioned the last two nekos that Kotori sent Sigurd out to dispatch. But K and A are in the way I suspect.

Ahead is the hangar the Black Knights have yet to visit, where Kotori pursued after Amaya. The two other nekos also fled in that direction.

Moving out or not is your choice. When Kotori first started out for the Gate with the intent of going one-on-one versus Amaya, she didn't want to bring Nyton along because she was concerned he would get in her way/interfere.

There's also the matter that Miharu is having holes shot in her in the meantime.

If you move forward, you're going to have to double-back to come fetch the Akuma - seeing Kotori is liable to be its new pilot.

So, you can...
1- wait for Kotori and hold position, guarding the Akuma. This will involve a slight fastforward/timeskip (you could perhaps take advantage of that to have Tom tinker a bit with the Akuma to make it ready for Kotori, and have Ichigo go and grab a sample of those strange crystalline circuit boards for future reference).
2- Avoid the next hangar by retracing your steps clockwise back to Mara's shuttle and then head further clockwise to access the last unvisited control room.
3- Move forward and possibly be able to meddle in the Kotori vs. Amaya fight.

Well it doesn't make sense for Nyton to stay put so how about you let me narrate their uneventful advance. They notice the fight on sensors and stay clear, obeying the previous order of not interfering but allowing them to monitor. Nyton sends Tom and Ichigo back to go do some tech stuff and that'll be that as the rest bear witness to the epic psionic battle.

There's no need to 'arrange' anything. Just roleplay what your character would do. That really should be the end of the matter.

Sorry. Kotori just can't make anything of the panties being treated that way. Frankly, she just hasn't the time to bother. ^_^;

You guys see yourselves all to the shuttle. We're done in the Gate so just get yourselves onboard (keeping in mind that the shuttle can carry 8 people).

Mara's in the pilot seat. There's a free seat to her left.

The back already has Tsuya and Nimura, which leaves four empty spots - Tom, Nyton, Kyou and Ichigo barely fit in... which is why Kotori mentioned there wasn't much room for more. That's why you guys initially came in with two shuttles rather than just one.

Player characters will note that I've autoed some events regarding the ship to put it up to speed with the power armor team.

Miyoko, Yuzuki, Sanjuro and Rin could write reaction posts to those events. Nyton could choose to pitch in for his NPCs.

Yukari needs to cope with what's currently going on, and has orders from Kotori to execute (fetching the armor teams).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back