• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Now that Nimura is a thinking, free willed person capable of sentience and emotion...

I've been trying hard not to make her pounce in Rolf's back and gruesomely kill him.

Heh.

Lucky for Rolf, Nimura might still be level headed enough to reflect that:
1- Doing anything to Rolf would detract/disrupt the present situation.
2- Would be immature.
3- Would be justice for women everywhere.
4- Rolf in fact just touched armor.
5- Therefore Nimura has no reason to care. At least, logically.

I'll try to get my load out ready tonight. It'll give me something to do while I'm at work. Unfortunately this may take some time due to my slow connection.

I'm letting you know that I've handed my resignation as Game Master to Wes just now. We've had an argument over how I felt Wes was not allowing me, through his decisions, to give you all the ending on a high note I felt you deserved - Wes has other determinations as to how our plot should end. Effectively, I'm not really able to GM you at present since other terms are being dictated to me.

I have too much esteem for you guys to give you less than I feel you have earned. I am, for one, not watching the train wreck I am unable to avert happen.

Wes will likely come to do damage control, a few sadfaces , imply I was rash and unwilling to compromise, and somehow put himself in a situation where he can 'help you out'. If you want the kind of ending he wants to give you... feel free to take it. I, however, had higher standards for you.

At least I know I'm not really leaving you high and dry this time (nor am I keeping my plot 'hostage') because you can easily transition from this point through a simple narrative.

This is ultimately my fault, though. I'm the one whom had him involved in your ending. Ever since, nothing has gone right, at exactly the worse point. You were almost done. It amazes me that Wes manage to find yet another way to tug the carpet from under my feet. What a waste.

Those whom want to remain in touch, I have an e-mail. Doshii, for one, knows of it. Feel free to contact me if there's anything.

Good luck.

Honestly, it's not such a massive deal to me. We've done quite a few great things and had a wild, fun ride iun the process.

If our characters end the mission on a bittersweet note, I'll deal with it. I won't be offended or disappointed.

I can't afford to have such a massive emotional investment in the situation that I let SARP interfere with the 'real life' outside the screen, if you know what I mean.

But what I do feel is that your involvement to the end is what really matters. On the pure SARP level of things, we need you, Fred, to tie our loose ends because only you can, and then let us go wander off wherever we choose to go.

We can't be left hanging, though.

If that's the case, I may just exempt myself from this last part. It really doesn't feel right concluding the plot without at least some of your direction, Fred. I know it's just a changing of hands, and I know this is a big meta-plot event that could double the size of our medals, but it just doesn't feel right ending it like this. So, yes, I'm going to forgo this extra chapter, and whatever rank increase and award my character would've received. I'll pick up Rolf's story when the 44th starts.

This is a major buzz kill guys. I got done reading a massive GANTZ rush and I was looking forward to a bloodbath on the bridge. Now it just doesn't feel right. No bitter struggle against Spiffy? No final question to Mel? No final resolution or farewell to Kotori? *sigh*

We're going to pretend Wes didn't post his little part.

OK folks. We've got cards dealt to us. We've got some ways to play them.

1. Retcon.

I put this first because it's most drastic and our best chance at getting our ending. We cut the RP back to before Yui arrives, and we stride right up to Yamatai's doorstep with the fleet. The NMX, already in transit, arrive not only to find our massive numbers there, but then the CDF appears, too. That's more than 6,000 vessels standing between Yamatai and the NMX. We won't instantly be ready for them, but once they show up, we'll have a chance to organize and fight.

2. Abrupt end.

I don't want to go into this much, but we can do what Wes posted (and I deleted) — summary post at the end, tie the pile of shit into a bow, then move on.

3. Continue on with Fred's vision.

Don't much like this either, as Fred is Fred and we don't know everywhere he was going.

Thoughts?

You know me guy. I'm a bit of a stubborn purist and I like the story to have good form. I vote Retcon.

Unfortunately, Wes vetoed the retcon, and I'm not about to storm off just so someone else can get the decision.

However, we can make it so we arrive the same time Yui's fleet does. We'll have to do a little retconning ourselves, but it can happen.

I'm honestly not particularly interested in continuing, especially not without Fred. No offense to whoever's picking it up (Seems to be Doshii) but I really don't have the time to meaningfully participate, with Work and School and rebuilding my truck.

I'm going to have to back out of this one, so I can focus on other things.

That's cool, Kai. Anyone who wants out can do so, no hard feelings, no questions. The point now is to provide the best conclusion possible.

I think the retcon wouldn't need to go back very far -- we get behind the point where Kotori started talking a plan with Melisson, then fold out. Once we do, we're essentially going to be behind the NMX fleet.

From there, we go with Kotori's plan -- ensure the NMX boss is killed. Don't mean much to us or the characters, I wager, so be cool. Assassinate and bail. Wes agreed to significantly reduce the damage from Yamatai, and we know Eucharis' posting speed. With that in mind we're going two-prong -- armor team gets time, while any one on the ship works to wreck as many NMX as they can. We're going to justify Wes' kindness in that regard.

After that, then it's damage survey, award, then fin.

Doshii is the obvious successor to Fred.

He's done it before.

I for one support whatever he decides to do. Like the rest of you I am extremely irate right now. I was looking forward to burning through some people, GANTZ style, myself. Actually to tell the truth I was looking forward to seeing the ending. It was very close. It was so very very close. And then it was snagged away for the metaplot, which is alright I suppose - we could handle just one more last bloodbath, I'm pretty sure. All these arguments, though, I am quite sure we could completely do without - everything seemed very straightforward from here.

Warp onto the bridge.

Kill everything.

Get off of the ship - or commendere it. Whatever. You do have like, three engineers, and these ships are designed to run practically automatically. Once again, no biggie.

But to have this plot end in a firey exchange between Fred and Wes?

Urg.

As a player I am now officially to the point of being fed up with this nonsense. I have the greatest respect for Fred as a writer and for Wes as a faction manager/site admin. We have had rough times in the past but as far as I know, no hard feelings exist. The simple fact remains that both of these individuals are firecrackers and the Miharu has been the spark that's set them off for quite some time. I am extremely disappointed that the two of them could not come to an agreement as to the ending of this plot.

I vote we end it. Right here, right now, make a writeup where we did something heroic, and then put the stopper on it. Make a kind of after-action report. Say a few words about the award ceremony, about where the individuals ended up, like the end of some football or baseball film. "Doshii Jun went on to found 4 universities after burning his newspaper stand to the ground in a fit of drunken rage." It won't be pretty, it won't be what we hoped for, but now that Fred's gone - Fred is GONE - can we actually expect it to end the way we ever wanted to, at ALL? Attempting to manuver it politically so that it ends in just the right, bittersweet, heartfelt way we wanted it to has already failed. Enough is enough.

I am sorely tempted to put Yuzuki into NPC mode. Severely tempted, in fact.

For some reason I can't edit or delete my double-post, so this is a general call for someone else to do it, for me.

Delete the double post.

Also minor clarification while this sits here waiting to be deleted;

I prefer ending it, however, I support Doshii's decision.

...Damn that was simple. Why did I write so much? Oh well.

We can form a club!

Doshii's plan sounds alright to me. Honestly, I'm more interested in the social after-action stuff than the action itself. If we don't get some form of Tom and Yukari's wedding, I will bite people.

Fred and I, along with Jake, posted continuously in the Miharu planing thread for something like eight hours trying to reconcile my year-old plan for the battle, the already posted materrial in Eucharis, and Fred's plans which I barely knew about until yesterday when the discussion began starting with him posting his plan and me pointing out a technical issue with it. What followed was a series of compromises on both sides as I explained the reasoning behind my posts and he explained how he didn't want the battle of Yamatai to leave a sour note in the Miharu's happy ending. Essentially I was hoping for an epic, costly climax to the war while wanted a peaceful homecoming. However, to go in Fred's direction we decided to make the damage basically cosmetic only. Just when I thought we were close to consensus, Fred's frustration boiled over and he quit. I am deeply sad and upset it turned out this way.

Thank you Jake for taking up the banner.

Well, they were planning on getting married in Ralt with a nice, warm wedding. Though, with Yamatai currently under attack, Ralt's existence is questionable, for sure. A lot of our hopeful dreams of a nice ending got snagged with bad timing with this Battle of Yamatai event. Even if we got to the ending we wanted, we wouldn't exactly have our home as it was. It's sort of like when Uso did that attack on Nepleslia, some of the ideas Sub and I had for the place went kaput after that.

Basically, even if we did retcon or do anything, it would result us just being at day 8 with Yamatai still under siege.

After reading up on the page, Rolf's home and whatever remained of his past was eradicated with Malifar. So, as of the attack, he's got little attachment to anything save the Hoshi and his current crew mates.

The areas affected by the battle are up in the air still. We are going to keep the areas players care about in fairly good shape so you can edit Malifar off the page.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps for Rolf, but it's just another jarring step on the stairs he's been falling down since after the Battle at Blue Rift. He wasn't likely going to return on the chance of being recognized as his clone.

Though, the city itself is his hometown, a place he's known for 18-19 years of his life. Due to this cloning business, he hasn't technically seen it since his deployment back in YE 28. It just means that everything he held dear disappeared while he was fighting to prevent said tragedy. So, it's going to affect the character greatly, perhaps in his view on the point of the war as a whole. The event's biggest(and sure) effect will be a detachment from the planet as a whole because now, even if he took his old identity, he has nothing left.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…