• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Hey everyone:

My apologies for not getting the JP up yesterday. By the time I'd driven home from work I had to turn around and pick up my girlfriend, and I was dead. I'm editing it now; hopefully it'll all be good by noon or so.

Precision:

The ship's computer should be either addressed as 'MEGAMI' or 'Miharu'. Even though Mara is the MEGAMI's proxy, this doesn't mean the ship actually shares the sprite's name; both are distinct.

For reference, in Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, there is the ship: the Andromeda Ascendant... and there's Romie the android. Romie acts as an extension of the ship, but she is not the ship in that sense.

I admit the distinction right now is more blurry because Mara was just created, but it will develop in time as Mara matures - well, assuming she survives.

Yeah, well, whatever ^_^;

I appologize for how rushed the arrival to Taiie was, but I had no choice since I had to accomodate the Yggdrasil plot. Now, we have Mizuho though, so we don't need to hurry about anymore and can go at our own pace.

Kotori left in a Fox shuttle and won't magically reappear just because I have Mizuho: I have to let some time pass... meaning you guys need to post and need to be up to something in the meanwhile. Nyton and Yukari are the ranking officers, so, they're pretty much in charge at the moment. There are ST backups still to do and cargo to offload and place in the storage holds.

And, for you techie oriented people, there is also the main engineering whom now allows for limited access.

That said, please keep the post rate up. Don't slack and wait for JPs: we won't JP all that often due to conflicting schedules... but fast SPing should compensate.

Kotori said:
The ship's computer should be either addressed as 'MEGAMI' or 'Miharu'. Even though Mara is the MEGAMI's proxy, this doesn't mean the ship actually shares the sprite's name; both are distinct.

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking of her more as a peripheral to the ship's computer than anything else, so it just seemed more natural to address her than use the console for communication with the computer. I'll go ahead and edit the post so it's correct.

... I'll get the hang of this some day, I swear.

People, here are goals I'd like you to meet before we move on:

- Give Doshii Jun an opportunity to make mention of the Hrist fighter for future reference.
- Have James complete his soul transfer.

From there on in, we can move on. I'll have Kotori and Mizuho hop aboard, will cover their arrival and will then skip forward to dinnertime, at which Kotori will likely give a mission briefing.

You're all doing well; please keep up the good posting rate ^_^

We need to mention it? I mean, I don't mind talking about it ... *grins*

I'm sure I can get Yukari over there or something. It should be a brief mention anyway.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back