Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

5tar said:
Sumaru's plan with the capacitor units is not to charge his weapons or it's normal use in powering up his teleportation pack. Instead, his plan is to use it as a backup power supply to his suit, in the case that he enters one of these superior anti-aether fields. Seeing how the Mindy is powered by a aether generator, it would simply shutdown without a secondary source of power for life support and other integral systems such as the AIES. That's where the capacitor units come in, if they provide enough power that is.

I was sure I got it, though. *looks back*

Ah, there's the problem. You see, when I was writing the reply to Sumaru, I actually had written something like three or four versions, trying to nail the right approach, technical terms and so on.

When I cleaned it all up to leave the final version, I apparently cleared my first paragraph, which attended to what you quoted. My bad. I rewrote it, so, Sumaru should have his answer.

I'll sum up:
Due to a precedent in a Sakura mission, the Mindy's power supply, even under interdiction, holds enough power reserves to insure physical mobility (mostly thanks to the flesh-core insert' a synth insert would require more power due to its un-neko-like nature), electronics and anti-gravity... as long as your needs are for planetary combat involving shorter distances. Having the CFS work and the sensors tuned to monitor things at longer ranges aren't really supported.

What time abouts would this be about? I figure I'm just spectating but hey, I want to watch the action unfold. Who knows, maybe Canned Kotori can convince Yukari to take her back or something? It's awfully cozy in that container. LOL

Well, it's been two days now that I haven't seen the need to post. Does anyone want to cover something in particular... or are you all ready for a timeskip? I know I've covered stuff on my end of things (it wasn't just Kotori stuff, but also foreshadowing of future plot-twists! XD) so if anyone wants more time to do something, please say so and make it happen.

If not, well, we'll move on to the meat of this mission.

I won't mind a timeskip, all the medical side needs to do is get the new medical sprites made up and get Sanjuro into bed before he misprograms something or Sora shoots him.

Depends on whether anyone else wants to post about getting their DAISY prepped or if we want to see Sanjuro get tied down to a bed. I vote for seeing him get knocked out with a sedative but that's just me.

Otherwise we can skip ahead I imagine. If we do though I would like to see people's payloads setup so we know what everyone is carrying. Saves on the confusion later.

Kai's ready. All he needs to do is get the weapons onto his Daisy, so there isn't much he can do that hasn't already been RPed out by someone else, and, being a history major, I am tired of such repetition.

Crap.

Really really sorry for my inactivity. Life swept me up, didn't let go, time passed, and now I'm staring down my ship date without a whole lot of time. Or at least not as much as I had previously. So I'm going to have to give you guys the near-final-salute, and go away for a couple of months now. Again. Crap.

Doshii! You get her. Full permission to NPC as appropriate. Should be easy. Just bury her in work and she'll be a fish in water.

Lookin' forward to comin' back in the early, early spring.

Peace out, y'all.

Don't worry about it Gallant, it was to be expected: you warned Doshii and myself earlier on when you applied to this plot, it was why you volunteered to play a sprite after all.

You're welcome to come back in spring. Take care!

Aaawww, byes Gallant.

I guess I'm ready... seeing as Doshii has some issue with posting for Ichigo so Rin doesn't have anything to reply to. *shrugs* But if Doshii does post... then... I dunno. o_o

Aww... Seeya, Gally. i've kinda been wondering where you were. Good luck.

And Kyoki! You must die! Why for do you have a Pleinair Avi???

Sanjuro said:
he had heard it was not uncommon to be ceremoniously executed for disregarding the Ketsurui clan, and the medical officer could not bear to part with his head after many steady years of service it had given him.

Bwahahahahaha!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back