• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[OOC] News Discussion

Re: [OOC] Discussion

Well I don't know about these people, but I think the polls fit to the nature of the Yamataian population quite nicely. This comes from a guy who has played aboard the YSS Sakura... yeah... Yamatai is a "Super awesome neko orgy" and they should be proud of it.

I thought the questions were perfect. *support button pushed* I mean yeah how many real news channels have actually been doing ridiculous polls and verifying trivial items now?

Besides they weren't even that bad. At least not bad enough they were deserving so much scorn. >_>

I think you guys are confusing the Yamataian military with Yamataian society. Yes, all sorts of... things goes down on Yamataian warships, but the wider Yamataian society, including her colonies, is probably not that liberal or progressive about sexuality. Just like what an American sailor would do while off duty in Seoul is probably not what he would do when he comes home to Nebraska, since it would not be considered "good, clean fun" by his family.

I realize that Yamatai is based off of Japan, and journalists from the West often talk about how sexually-liberated the Japanese are. What they don't realize that this is mostly due to American influences, and that traditional Japanese culture, like most Asian cultures, are fairly discreet about such matters. We don't consider sex sinful, unlike the Western Judeo-Christian tradition, true, but it's not considered appropriate dinner conversation either.

</rant>

Yangfan is right on that point. Japan's sexually "liberal" ... behind closed doors. It's not England.

Wait, Britain is "sexually liberal"? How liberal are we talking about here? Sacramento "liberal" or San Francisco "liberal"? :|

I have a cousin who's spending a semester in Britain, so I'm curious. :p

Sacramento "liberal?" What a joke! *grins* That's only Midtown.

England's liberal enough to show topless women in its newspapers and on ads stuck to telephone booths.

The thing about Yamataian culture is this, Wes has made it widely known that giving oral is the equivalent to a light make-out session. The Yamataian culture is sexually liberated all right. When you get oral on a first date, I can only imagine what the third date gets you.

But anyway... sorry to be vulgar about that point, my other point is that Yamatai citizens also tend to form strong opinions on military and political figures. A strong example is the attitude of Yamataian civilians toward certain ships which come into port, like the old days of the YSS Sakura, the crew was admired by the Empire. So it would only be sensible that politicians also get some attention in a personal sense.

Oh well, enough of my chiming in.

(Note: Japan is the world's #1 condom consumer)

Yangfan said:
I thought the "News" section is supposed to be strictly professional journalism, not Yamataian tabloids.

We agree, us noobs still trying to figure out what the Yaminites... err... the Yamataikoku .... err... the Yamantai are about.
We is confused.
We find polls funny though. But still very confused. Perhaps recap in order, yes?

Again, you got to distinguish what happens on a (military) plot-ship and what happens in a town full of NPCs. Dating a Neko and dating a nice Yamataian girl from the suburbs are completely different stories.

I get people swooning over Hanako or the rest of the Sakura's crew. They're celebrities. People swoon over celebrities. People have strong opinions about their celebrities. Some politicians are, of course, celebrities because they're highly charismatic, or because they're running for an important position. Barack Obama, for example.

I don't know about your state, but no one swoons over senators from my state. Probably because neither of them thinks the Internet is "a series of tubes". -_-

Yes, I'm also concerned about what kind of impression Yamatai is making on the new players.

dusk said:
But still very confused. Perhaps recap in order, yes?
The full story of what's going on involving the polls and the recent news posts can be found: viewforum.php?f=54 Or more specifically: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=755.

To really get the full picture you'd have to look through the plots. These snippets are only partial stories as they are reactions.

Considering the poll was from Jiyuu, not Yamatai, we've less to worry about. *grins*

I think Yangfan's worried that new players aren't going to take the time to get the nuances that Yamataian CHARACTERS have made, and will instead focus on what players from all factions say. Understandable ... but not necessarily avoidable.

We just have to make corrections as we go?

Thanks Kim ^_^

....We know .... err .... It makes more sense now. X_X;;

I wish I knew what princess ... err... Empress Himiko.... looked like?
And does the enemy have a news channel? If so, I wonder if they what they would report on this new change of hats?

Sorry, I was cleaning the ooc out of that thread and accidentally deleted the IC. o.0;

Wes, can you link us to where Katsuko ordered the attack?

And a very well done post RP post by Jessica! That was damn fine stuff.

Yes since Drew isn't here I'm a bit worried about that, all I remember is a back and forth involving Yui? Maybe I missed something somewhere, it doesn't seem like something she'd particularly order?

Please add the bellow to the list of broadcasters.

[AND] Astral News Distributor - News coverage on important happenings in the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth.

Doshii Jun said:
Wes, can you link us to where Katsuko ordered the attack?

And a very well done post RP post by Jessica! That was damn fine stuff.
As far as I remember it was still the 3rd's job to do it.

This weirdness with Hanako leading a genocide charge was fresh for me too.

Okay, someone needs to clear this up once and for all - is the 3rd disbanded or not? Indications seemed to be that it wasn't anymore, but I'm still unclear on it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back