• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[OOC] News Discussion

Re: [OOC] Discussion

3rd XF was NOT disbanded; it was transferred to the Bard Cluster area. The newly-created 3rd SF is now covering their old area.

I will rewrite the Imperial Engagement announcement. It has been retconned because I added things in that really should not of been added. I messed up. Rewrite coming soon.

Wow, I never actually really thought Hanako would go so far as to frag an entire planet... Wow, I personally would think a series of surgical strikes would be better.

But eh... Situations change. It is SARP, after all.

Alright, this whole news thing is just plain weird now. Not to mention broadcasting a vague speech by Katsuko ...

Does anyone do objective news?

News sources in the setting aren't terribly objective, which is fine - because we have an objective record of events already. News reports add flavor to the setting, not reliable information.

Besides, Doshii, you of all people should know that no news is truly objective anyway.

I use news just to play the civilian element.

Mostly Yam civilian element at the moment, but the Neps don't have much to cry over... And... Nep GMs already do civilian stuff usually.

*Stretches.* Tis how I roll.

Ninja edit: ... Plus different reactions to things and minor humor, of course.

I have to say, this is an odd occurance. Yamatai going from the dominator to the back-room operator? Wierd... But I guess that's what happens when I join my infamous "luck" to SARP.

I don't know what to make of this "split" in Yamatai, sounds like treason if you ask me. Look like things might get a little complicated and I get the feeling that theres some hidden friction. Is Yamatai secretly going to take a more proactive military stance to this turn of events?

Quote: "When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten-million, it is a statistic." Joseph Stalin

Himiko already pardoned the citizens of the UOC. At the moment we are working towards diplomatic progress.

Just letting this slide could set in motion a dangerous president, next thing you know other sectors will want to secede from the empire and then we'll have a full scale civil war on our hands. I thought Yamatai was an imperial hyperpower.

And you could have an OOC civil war.

Let's acknowledge that it's better to have people working together, than working apart.

I didn't take the OOC consequences into account and I guess that does make some sense. Still I think there is some hidden tension over this despite the peace efforts, wasn't SAINT or SARA offering huge rewards for recovery of any UOC ships or technology? Also Hanako herself was pretty vocal on her opposition on the UOC.

While Yamatai is an imperial empire that by-and-large has had almost complete control over the universe for quite a while, it remains true that nothing lasts forever, especially not an empire. A split was bound to happen sooner or later, and frankly it's up to Yamatai if they want to try and force the UOC to back into them. Diplomatic procedures seem a bit more practical though, especially considering that the UOC has Nepleslian backing now.

And as far as OOC conflicts are concerned, I think everyone needs to remember that no matter how much commitment we put toward developing this universe...it's still just a game. Granted it's an incredibly fun and rewarding game, I'm not trying to belittle that, but getting all butt-hurt in real life over things that happened in the SARP universe is childish. At the end of the day, this is a fun game that we all enjoy playing, but it'll stop being fun if we start getting all bitchy with each other OOC. I mean, if you were at a friend's house playing Monopoly with six other people and one of your friends has a bitch fit because you bought some of his property or whatever, then he flips over the board and starts throwing shit at you, would you just sit there and take it? No, you'd tell your friend to stop being a twat and you'd leave. Ultimately that could happen to this game as well. If somebody starts being a bitch OOC about IC issues, people will leave. And then nobody can have fun. I want to have fun. So if you're taking the game too seriously, go take a walk, get some perspective, then come back and HAVE FUN.

Maybe your right, maybe be I am taking it a little too seriously. I just have an interest in discussing fictional politics, I never cared for real-world politics.

Oh nono, I wasn't directing that at you! It was just a general warning to people to be a little more light-hearted about what happens in the game. I wasn't targetting anyone specifically.

I've been falling behind in releasing news reports from the UOC side of things but the downfall of playing a democracy is that it does take a while to make new laws and changes to the government. We actually have a lot of stuff going on- we're just not saying anything here about it until we get more...done, I guess.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back