• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] NSS Altomir Discussion

You wouldn't disinfect sub-dermal bleeding, especially since that disinfectant would need to be able to penetrate entirely through the skin. Unless there is an open wound allowing foreign bacteria, it really wouldn't be practical.

I'm not saying ShotJon needs to edit the post, or anything so brash. I merely intended to point out how odd it seemed to me.

No, a bruise can't be disinfected. If the skin around the bruise was scraped it'd be viable. However bruising isn't generally dangerous if they're small. I remember being in a car wreck with a bruise that went from my right pectoral down to my abdominal area. Only when it is around the torso, neck or head should it be seriously checked out.

As internal bleeding can compress the internal organs and cause dysfunction. Hematoma, or a Bruise is usually just a collection of blood under the skin or muscle tissues. The reason it doesn't spread out more is due to fasical planes, think 'walls'. It prevents massive blood loss and the sac will dissolve over a few days to a week or two. If it doesn't disappear it may require surgery to remove, albeit you should go to the doctor anyway if it continues to grow or does not begin to dissipate. As it can cause further blood loss and possible organ compression depending on the area effected.

This is me at 3:30 am, when my pre-med BS actually surfaces.

Just to make things clear I messed up with language again. I thought bruise is the same thing as scratch. Small open wound.

Back-Alley Nightmare said:
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a prick. I just have a habit of noting observations I make aloud.

With english not being your primary language, I fully understand. :)

Don't worry about it Nighty, I know you were not trying to be a prick. It is good you note these things.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back