• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[OOC] Rogue Trader - Into the Maw (OOC & Recruiting)

Re: Rogue Trader - Into the Maw (OOC & Recruiting)

Aendri, if you can see this, I'm in the SARP IRC with Sentient right now, we're early, hurry up, we're bored.

++Lial Dynasty++
The Lial Dynasty is a fresh, new player on the galactic stage, garnering attention both fair and foul.
Base Profit Factor: 40
Unused Ship Points: +11
Bonus From Origin Paths: +0
Total PF: 51

++Dramatis Personae++
Zidarius Lial + Rogue Trader + Granted the 'Zealous Grox' as part of his Warrant of Trade
Drake 'Cutter' Cain + Void Master + Came with the Ship
<Aendri's Character> + Arch Militant + Sheltering on the 'Zealous Grox'?

++Sword Class Frigate ++ 'Zealous Grox'
Speed: 8 (7 or 9)
Maneuverability: +20 (+15 or +27)
Detection: +15 (+20 or +25)
Hull Integrity: 35 (38)
Armour: 18
Turret Rating: 2
Morale: 99/99
Crew Population: 100/100 (Skill 30)
Space: 39/40
SP: 40
Weapon Capacity: Dorsal 2

+Machine Spirit Oddities+
++Martial Hubris ++ +5BS to fire all weapons, -15 on Pilot[Space Craft] to escape combat.
++Wrothful ++ During combat: +1 (9) Speed; +7 (+27) Maneuverability, Outside Combat: -1 (7) Speed; -5 Maneuverability (+15); -5 Detection (+20).

+Past Histories+
++Reliquary of Mars ++ The Priesthood of Mars is very interested in the ancient systems surrounding the ship's Teleportarium.
++Turbulent Past ++ -20 Smugglers/+20 Imperial Navy to all Social skill rolls with the group.

+Essential Systems+
++Jovian Pattern Class 2 Drive
Power 43/45
space 10
++Strelov 1 warp Engine
Power -10
Space 10
++Gellar Field
Power -1
++Single Void shield Array
Shields: 1
Power -5
Space 1
++Armored Bridge
Reinforced Armour: roll 1d10 if this component suffers a critical hit or becomes damaged or unpowered, on a result of 4+ the effect is ignored and this component is unharmed.
Power -2
Space 2
++Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer
Power -4
Space 2
++Pressed-Crew Quarters
Morale: -2
Power -1
Space 2
++Deep Void Auger array
Eye of the Omnissiah: +10 Detection
Power -7
SP +1

+Supplementary Components+
++Dorsal Mars Pattern Macrocannons
Strength: 3
Damage: 1d10+2 (1d10+3)
Crit Rating: 5
Range: 6
Power -4
Space 2
SP +1
++Dorsal Sunsear Laser Battery
Strength: 4
Damage: 1d10+2 (1d10+3)
Crit Rating: 4
Range: 9
Power -6
Space 4
SP +1
++Munitorium
Well Armed: +25 Achievment Points when working towards a military objective.
Ordinatus Extremus: +1 damage to all macrobatteries
Volatile: if this component becomes damaged, it explodes, causing 2d5 damage straight to hull integrity and sets one other component on fire (GM's choice).
Power -2
Space 3
SP +2
++Observation Dome
Engraved Star Charts: +50 Achievement Points when working towards an exploration objective.
Cure for Claustrophobia: +1 Morale
Space 1
SP +1
++Reinforced Interior Bulkheads
Hard to Breach: +3 Hull Integrity
Space 2
SP +2
++Teleportarium [Archaeotech]
Surprise Strike: characters may make a Hit and Run attack without a piloting test, teleporting straight into the bowels of the enemy vessel, and gain a +20 bonus to Command checks when making such an attack. This component may be used in other ways appropriate to its function.
Power -1
Space 1
SP +1

+Brief History+
As a vessel assigned to anti-smuggling operations, the 'Zealous Grox', formerly 'Hound of Knaves', was a fearsome vessel for its ancient design, originally hailing from the shipyards of Holy Mars itself. Handed down from a line of Navy Captains until it was recently decommissioned and given into the charge of a new Rogue Trader Dynasty by the name of Lial, its interior structure and component layout changed little from its days of rooting out pirate bases. The ship's long-range armament of laser batteries has been partially replaced with more efficient atmosphere recyclers and an accompanyment of macrocannon emplacements.
Heh, a glorious ship for a glorious crew, neh? Now we can get started for the most part, Aendri, I'm still waiting on your completed character sheet so please do hurry.

Changes made, I was starting to like that plasma battery.

Hey guys...figured this was as good a place as any to put this.

I was browsing TV Tropes last night and stumbled on this. Read the premise, then the tropes list. I haven't quite gotten a full interest in 40K, but this story sounds incredible.

BE WARNED: The link below is a TV Tropes link (<--and so is that). Be sure you have an escape route before clicking. I lost an entire night from the links stemming off the trope that lead me eventually to this one.

Shinji and Warhammer40K.

I dunno why you people have such an addiction to TV Tropes. I've gone in and out of there just fine without becoming 'addicted' to it.

Anyway, you could've posted that on the Non-Roleplay Related Discussion forum... technically that falls under 40k, after all, and that thread is about general 40k, which this one isn't and such... and that one's real lonely. :c

SentientRace said:
Can we take away the plasma battery? Sunsear lasers are a much better trade-off. I think Aendri will agree to this.

When Aendri gets back on and agrees, sure, but until then we have to wait.

D-Double Post for news. I've been told I should be getting my computer fixed and back somewhere in the next coupla days, hopefully by next monday at the latest. Figured I'd let you know, since that's when I can hand in my character.

Hmm... sure? Rank 1 character, right? PM it to me and I'll take a look when I have the time and attention span.

Update, Abwheran's Voidmaster is approved.

Hah, upsidedown scans, awesome... oh god, I feel so horrible.

So, right, three players... three characters... one ship... one adventure... one seriously lazy GM... you're all going to hate me.

First order of business... no wait, this is SP not JP, AAAHAHAHAHAHA, even better. I'll work on the intro when I have time, this testing thing is harder than I thought it would be to get going.

...yeah, probably... T_T

I can try and get things running again, but it's going to be a bit of a hiatus until I can get everything in order (the game is no problem, my life is just extremely hectic right now and hasn't stopped to give me a break yet).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back