• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Senbu Discussion

On the Heroes of Rokugan page (a L5R setting info/module page) it describes metagaming as
Metagaming said:
Many players have expressed interest in developing their characters' meta-game goals. There are really two kinds of meta-gaming; short-term and long-term.
It then goes on to describe short and long term goals. Either way though, that's what I'm working on. I don't particularly think of it as metagaming...though I guess you could argue it is since it's an out of character force influencing your character's decisions etc.

Anyway. WOOO JP TONIGHT!!!

If you are thinking of attending feel free to post it, I kinda want a feel for just how many might show up.

In Gaia metagaming I think was something based on knowledge that your character doesn't know or something, and was generally negative.

Like someone killed your character's father, and you character does not know this but now wants to kill said assassin, even though the character does not know about father's death at all.

(Then again I've been wrong before...)

Characterization is fine though, I kinda plan with that myself, I'd like to RP tonight too, those other episodes makes me feel left out lol.

Aye, usually metagaming as a term in RPG circles I've been in is almost always derogatory, being synonymous with "using OOC info for direct IC benefit". However, linguistically, Yoro's use of it is more accurate to the construct as it can refer to "out of game (ie, the player's) direction of IC goals". :)

Test types of of the Mindy 3A Power Armor are now available for "Live Beta."

The 3A design will continue to improve as I add content based on ideas and suggestions from its beta users. Pilots should consult their wing leader if they wish to request a test model made for them.

Yes because as you know, we always are looking for reasons to Roleplay a party.

Apparently a drinking one...

Go ahead and post in the "REQUESTS FOR ORDERS" thread on the "Star Army Communications Network" board and we'll get you assigned to the Senbu.

Nice to see you Fina, here's hoping we can get you into the action smoothly. ;)

Also those new armors look pretty nice, Wes. I bet Five would love to test the Tall version... he's been clamoring for such options.

Also in-line skates on a PA? :lol: I suddenly am thinking of the anime Air Gear.

Alright party people, I don't think I can actually play with the Senbu any more.

After seeing such ridiculous things like:

(8:36:35 PM) fiveace: So, by pairing off Pride Wing into romantic couples
(8:37:10 PM) bombader86: (The band being homosexual)
(8:37:31 PM) bombader86: lol the flaw in shin's plan was the plan was for gays
(8:40:51 PM) fiveace: With Nick beating off Shin.
(8:44:35 PM) Raz: Nick is somewhat quiet and proper in public, but enjoys exerting his dominance in private.

Seriously, with this kind of activity, what sort of ship is the Senbu? :ugeek:

I'm so sorry for having been part of that troublemaking JP, 5tar. Lolz. Resolution should be fun, though.

Item one. I am glad that I had nothing to do with the actual fracas.

Item two. Meme though it might be... hell, MEAN though it might be...

PROMOTIONS(?)

Indeed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back