Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP [OPEN RP] Candy Festival of YE 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Look at him go! I think the challenge might be something like...he'll ask them to scare him, or best poses, or maybe he'll start PT right at the festival?" Miu had to guess. He was very large after all, so the mind made some simple connections. There was no attempt to hide her own laughing, she seemed more than on board with the candy-fueled incident that her sister had caused, it left a grin on her face when she stopped that stayed with her as they made more plans.

"It sounds like the best place to go, then! I am totally up for it, I feel like after all I did to put this together the more people that see it the better. I like the idea of eating while dressed up like this. I can get more pictures for the fox ship, too!"

Miu clocked the extra skin showing as the the blue girl's skirt rode up. Any healthy Nekovalkryja would do the same when meeting someone attractive and in glowing paint. She caught sight of the text, making her grin split her face. "Oh, look, she found her family! She is a self-returning pet Moon Spirit! Isn't that cute, Kaoru? Hi there, I'm Miu! We were going to look for her."

Trying to get a read on enjoy the wizard asking the question that has to be asked if there's no context and you can see those instructions. With the family gossip chain involving even her, and with the new evidence she had a good picture of what Yue was but it was far more fun for a cute purple wizard to make her say it out loud. "I'm Ketsurui-Motoyoshi-Shimizu Miu, and that's my sister Kaoru, and that's also sister Yue. It's a biiig clan buuuut-..."

"...-Tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!"
The kitsune chanted.

Last edited:
Takeda House

"What are you supposed to be?" Hoshi asked Aiko as the two warmed inside the Takeda House genkan while they removed their shoes and tried to glimpse past the noren curtains, catching the eye of the hostess to give their reservation's name. Within the entrance foyer of the restaraunt, the Kaiyo's two officers appeared very different than they had out on the streets. In preparation for the legendary fixed menu that had drawn them to the restaurant, they had changed with the help of Aiko's samurai and a locker at the Pulsing Pearl, each had donned more clothing.

The princess blinked at Hoshi's question while looking down toward her bared blood red toenails to make sure she didn't forget to take off some piece of the succubus costume she'd worn for the past few hours. She had not, obviously, and jolted her head back to address Hoshi with a mystified gaze under the bounce of her bangs.

"Nani?" Aiko questioned in the simplest Yamtaigo tones. Instead of her seductive bodystocking and demonic accoutrements, she now wore a chic pantsuit made of bright scarlet fabric. It was roomy but certainly not ill-fitting, with wide padded shoulders plus soft lapels that ran down buttonless and closed kind of like a kimono. Contrasted to her immodest costume before, only a deep vee of porcelain skin now showed from her chest. The thin black leather belt that connected across her front with a two-inch gold curb chain was cinched around her waist to give the princess a very stiking silhouette.

In kind, Hoshi's bare chest had been covered up with a white kurisode with thick double string on the hem of her sleeves. Her ofuda had been stripped, no longer pasties, and clung to a pair of hamaya arrows tucked into her waist's obi. They were less than necessary now as the bleached top coupled with the ruby red hakama she had been wearing before completed her new outfit, that of a shrine maiden. Her costume's sacred arrows were likely meant to take down a ghastly spirit like that which she had been dressed as before.

"I did not think a costume was appropriate for dinner," Aiko explained. A golden cluster of bellflowers with twinkling diamond anthers and pistils spilled down and back from atop her right ear. "This is part of my casual wardrobe."

"Are you trying to say something?" the costumed captain asked as she jutted her hips, making the sanguine folds of her pants sway.

"Only that I am not supposed to be anything right now," Aiko said simply, still a bit confused. Her captain was happy to let the joke pass and smiled placidly next to her as the hostess came back for them. The minkan woman had ducked under the noren curtain and pushed it up with one of her heavily bandaged hands, the gauze of which fell in tendrils at the wrist and around her torso. The two smiled warmly at the hostess before she led them away, through the busied restaurant. It seemed some patrons were dressed up still, like the captain and the hostess while some were dressed "casual" as Aiko was.

"The haunted house was quite a thrill," Aiko said as they were ushered deeper into the restaurant, getting back to what they'd been talking about just before. "Though I have to admit it imposed some small amount of stress upon me. Whoever put it together really captured the horrific face of Elysian history."

Ketsurui Yui hadn't passed down any full memories to Aiko beyond military training, but the Mistress-Taisho's youngest daughter nonetheless experienced innate feelings about certain subjects. Every time she saw the name "Flint Vanderhuge" while reading history, Aiko's blood would boil even though she held no rational malice for the man. The Kaiyo's trans-universal adventures to Ayenee felt like visiting her favorite amusement park. And, quite strongly, Aiko knew that Yamatai kept its most barbaric enemies closer than it did the nation's greatest friends.

"Very chilling," Aiko grinned, trying to appear charmed while willfully remembering that the spooky Elysian Wars-themed attraction had just been a bit of Candy Festival fun.

"I never fought an angel, but the crew of my first posting, the Yamatai, they raised me on stories about your mom as a general, fighting masses of angels in the blood-stained snow." Hoshi shook out her shoulders underneath her white jacket, ridding herself of the spine tremble she had felt. "Chilling indeed... I still can't believe you wouldn't let me get that Elysian baby skeleton," Hoshi whined, reminiscing on the small assortment of oddities that the haunted house had been selling.

"It was tasteless, Chusa" Aiko reiterated coldly, to which Hoshi gave a hearty chortle.

"We're just opening the top floor balcony for the night, the choice is yours, Ketsurui-dono." The hostess opened the doors that partitioned off Takeda House Kyoto's upper dining level, latching them open and then standing to show Hoshi and Aiko to one of the many open tables. The two chose a large corner table that edged the deck's traditionally-ornamented balustrade overlooking the street bound revelers outside.

"Arigatou!" Hoshi cooed, then to Aiko noted, "From here we can see the night's best costumes or spot those girls we met earlier. You cool with more joining?"

"We would be dining at the palace if it were not chill, Hoshi," the princess replied using a word she'd learned to match Hoshi's slang. She stared out over the costumed multitudes below without much focus in her eyes, simply taking in the scene as a whole now that they had a moment to relax after a long day of spooky fun. "We would be remiss to refuse any company when the night is so young."

Nara smiled slightly as she noted the blue girl's skirt, but kept her thoughts to herself. A voice from the one that identified itself as "Miu," drew her attention. The variety of beings she encountered increased her curiosity. Unlike those which surrounded her in her upbringing, she found diversity fascinating in all aspects. Her eyes took a moment to glance over the newcomer's costume clutching her book a little tighter. "How cute," she thought to herself. It seemed the female was trying to suss her out, which made sense with her being a stranger.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Nara Akhai," she introduced herself while each face became associated with a name. Miu had paused and she was not sure why. "If it is something you do not want to tell me, I understand. The last thing I want is to make anyone uncomfortable," she said in a hopeful move to counteract the chanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back