• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Origin: 75mm Gauss shotgun

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:75mm_pump_action_gauss_cannon
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Rebuild/resubmit of the Origin 75mm pump action Gauss cannon for Mecha use.

Oh, and, as per Origin's recent re-designation as a faction, I am the FM and I give my FM approval.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
*CHOMP!*

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️x ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ x ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ x ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ x ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ x ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Unsure if this is a problem, but is the bottom table under ammo supposed to be blank?

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Got a couple of minor questions about the 75mm Gauss Ammunition:
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

This review includes the following sub-articles:

I think the range thing might need to be changed since range for a gauss round is entirely dependant on the launch platform. The range stat for the round may be a holdover of some sort, but I could easily be wrong. I helped a bunch with this article so I might be at fault, though I don't remember for sure.

If Kai is ok with it, we could remove the range for the round since that's dependant on how it's being launched.

oh geeze we have to put a tier for each individual sub-munition in a flechette round now? that sounds silly but I guess I can see how someone might abuse it if we didn't. Man We just can't have nice things anymore... I guess I can work on that.

As for the range- let's just go with what @Alex Hart said on that, and if he wants to make sure that's all set up right he can, otherwise it'll be a little while.

I'm cool with those changes as well. As for the range, I'm not sure how to work that out. We've been reducing a lot of these ranges for gameplay reasons but it looks like the ammo page was skipped over when the weapon got updated. as far as the extended range of the APFSDS round- the original range value would probably be more correct, though I'm not sure how to denote that in the article.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

This review includes the following sub-articles:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back