Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP [Origin] OIF Karakoram; re: Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny had to admit she was impressed by the fact the girl had gotten through everything in one breath, eyebrows raised a bit. Mentally she cataloged everything she needed to know, figuring she would check in on the development of her weapons after the entertainment deck. She nodded down to the girl as she spoke about the medical staff, a nice bit of knowledge for her should...issues... arise, but that was a concern for later. As she listened to Mo though, she couldn't help but pipe up.

"Look who's talking shorty."

It was probably a dumb insult, but for the woman who was almost a full foot taller, it would make sense. Destiny walked past the group and down the steps to her room. As she guessed, it was a normal bed, a bit upsetting but nothing terrible as she deposited her armor and sword and quickly made her way back to the entertainment deck after a moment. She would find where the Freespacer had gone too and eventually walked up to wait for the next instructions.

Nora's comment about anime seemed to confuse Charles. Clearly growing up in Nepleslia he hadn't encountered too much Yamataian media, aside from one or two episodes of Origin's mecha show. As he made his way into the elevator he asked the question on his mind. "What usually happens in the first episode of an Anime?"

Then the door closed and the elevator began to move downwards. Charles opened his mouth as if he was going to speak, then decided not to and instead stood in an awkward silence. Now that the doors were closed, the elevator seemed much smaller and the larger woman who had only a few moments ago been teasing him seemed much more intimidating.

Zeke quietly followed into the elevators as well, a grin on his face as he just listened to the banter. These people were an odd bunch, but entertaining much the less. The tall spikes haired blonde took a leaning position against the wall. Idly he played a minigame on a display window in the corner of his vision as he waited.

Anyone who bothered to look at him, something not even needing to be done in a focus manner given the small space. Would see his eyes make slight if random and sometimes quick movements. Much like when an eye focused and quickly darted to an item of focus.

"Fuck you, toothpaste-hair," Mo called out from the elevator as the doors slid shut, any other day and she would have chased that mouthy, albeit taller and by the looks of it buffer, woman down but not today - she had to take care of the pride and joy in a crate on her hover sled so instead Mo let out a small huff and looked to answer the little man's question.

"Hell if I'd know, lemme just..." the ravenette's voice trailed off as she hooked up to the ship's wireless network and threw a quick question into some generic search engine, mostly out of her own curiosity before Mo raised a dark eyebrow at the results and then purged the tab from her vision - turning to answer the short blondie.

"...maybe you'll find out when you're older - how old are you anyway, fourteen or something?" Mo verbally prodded, having not been paying attention when Charles muttered his age earlier.

Charles grumbled before repeating himself. "I'm 18. I said that earlier, not that I'd expect you to care much about anyone-..." He cut off, sighing. "I'm sorry," The young man said, as his stance changed from a more defensive and confrontational stance to a more easygoing posture. "I think we got off on the wrong foot and I'm not helping."

If he kept down the road that he had started on, nothing good would come from it and he'd only end up hating someone he'd be living around for the foreseeable future. That'd only ruin his life, and make everyone who had to put up with the bickering miserable. The elevator soon let out a muted ding and Charles made his way off and down the hall quickly, towards his own room.

Mo raised a dark eyebrow, half in surprise toward the admittance of his age when compared to the boy's looks and half out of surprise that somebody had apologies to her without the ravenette having to put them in a headlock - especially when she was the once to incite shit.

"Sorry? something gets you angry then don't apologise for that crap, I sure as fuck wouldn't - own that shit or I'll keep calling you a twerp," the dark-haired woman of a somewhat intimidating stature called out after the fleeing blondie before deciding to turn back to the Daur. "Race you there, short-stack," was the only warning given before Mo started running off toward her assigned room with the hover-skid in tow, moving at a rather impressive speed too as she was carried along on lean, athletic legs.

Entertainment Deck

While everyone was busy putting their stuff away, Nora made herself busy up on the entertainment deck, getting all the simulators prepped and loading the simulation that she wanted, as well as ensuring that everything worked properly, as these particular simulator pods had only been installed the day before. However, in short order, she had them all prepped, including one configured to M5 spec, for Destiny (Or Oracle, for now) to use. the red-headed freespacer dutifully ensured everything would work properly, and then, satisfied with her work, stopped to take a break just in time to see the aforementioned Lorath being the first to arrive back on the deck.

"Oh, hey, miss Oracle, how's everything going so far? Smoothly I hope?" the considerably smaller girl asked of the rather tall woman (and her toothpaste hair) "Just remember, as far as anyone knows, you're just a Lorath contractor who joined in on the mission on a provisionary basis, and they really don't need to know much more unless you absolutely want them to," Nora clarified, quietly to destiny, with a bit of an exaggerated wink. "You should be safe to be yourself here, just remember that you're Oracle unless you need to be otherwise."

Officer Cabin Deck

Those who took their time on the crew deck were met with a bit of a hustle of activity- not only were there numerous crew still making their own way to their rooms, many with gear in tow like Mo's, but there seemed to be quite a number that were busy with tools, flitting in and out of rooms performing tasks related to readying the cabins for use. One such cabin still being prepared was the one designated for the tall Minkan and the minuscule Neshaten, and the two would find a somewhat above average height dirty blonde Nepleslian woman carry a pair of adjustable spanners walking out of the doorway (Their door had been set to stay open for ease of egress) who stopped in her tracks and let the others into their room

"Sorry, it's a bit of a mess, I just finished the plumbing and the room portion's all good to go, but I'd avoid the bathroom until I've had the chance to clean it up and test everything." she explained, smiling sheepishly. "Normally we'd have finished the whole ship long before anybody else got on but the schedule got pushed up, so we'll all have to live with this for a few more days."

Entertainment Deck

"Being myself is what drove my people from this galaxy, but thank you for your advice. How many people aboard actually know?" Destiny, trying to force herself to think like a commoner (at least in her eyes) rubbed the bridge of her nose for a second and let out a small sigh. She scanned over those that were milling about the deck as if determining their worth, yet the thought never crossed her mind. On this ship, she was just Oracle, a contractor that was there to help and show that there were competent pilots out in the galaxy not attached to their company.

In truth though, Destiny was hiding. She was hiding from her responsibility and so far she had already messed up once with the name...

"Thank you for earlier by the way. I appreciate that."

Officer Cabin Deck

"Oh pffft, I'll fix it myself if I have t-" Mo cut herself short as the ravenette entered the room, turning away from the informative Nepleslian as her blue eyes widened a little in surprise before a devilish grin took up her face.

"Uh Shar, it is less of a top or bottom and more... left or right..." Mo's voice trailed off as she saw the one, albeit a bit large, bed that took up the room.

"You'd best not be shy now..."

Officer Cabin Deck

Sharlett wasted no time to chase after Mo. She might be small but was going to make sure she showed who was going to be top fox. As she ran her puffy tail and bust bounced with every step. She had learned years ago how to use her bodies natural features to get the most out of it.

In short order they both showed up what was to be the room they would share. She listened to the fact the room was not ready and would have to deal with that for a few days. "No worry, is nothing the two of us can't fix." She said with a smile as she walked into the room after Mo. She quickly took notice of the bed and how it was not a stacked bed. In fact there was only one large bed in this room. She heard Mo joke about being on the left or right side of the bed. She could not help but blush a little as she had not expected to be sharing a bed.

"I, I am not shy." She said in a low shy voice. Her tail and ears fluffed up more as she pictured herself cuddled up next to Mo.

Officer Cabin Deck

Mo raised a dark eyebrow curiously toward the puffed up little fox as she finished hauling her hover skid into the room, parking it in some out of the way corner to be unpacked later before she took a dive and leapt onto the bed - it was certainly more comfortable than anything the Minkan was used to as she spread out starfished on the comfy thing.

"I guess we'll see then," Monica teased before she let out a begrudging groan, the Daur did have a certain pep she could appreciate but Mo did need to get paid afterall - floating herself back up to a standing position as the ravenette gave a single, belittling pat to Sharlett's head and fuzzy ears.

"We'd best not keep the limp-dicks waiting though - this bitch needs money."

Officer Cabin Deck

Sharlett let out the cutest mew sound as she was petted on the head. This only made her blush harder as she tried to act like nothing happen. To try and hide what just happen she stepped towards the bed and dropped her sack of things beside it.

"We are getting paid already? We just got here though. Not that I would mind getting money already." She said as she walked up beside Mo, her fluff having returned to normal. She looked around for a moment then looked up to Monica. "So, um...what or who is a limp dick?" She asked in a low voice. Her cheeks turned a little red and was not too sure why but figured the answer would shed light on the matter.

Officer Cabin Deck

Mo gave the Daur an odd, sideways glance of slight discomfort at the sound anyone else would find adorable - the Minkan just found it odd and turned away to answer the first question. "Well I mean shit, we need to prove we're able to- wait, what?" the Ravenette stopped herself once more, it was starting to become as bad as her other habit but things kept happening to justify it.

"You're at least as old as me, aren't you? oh right, fuck me - language and all that... well do you know what a dick is?"

Officer Cabin Deck

At first she gave a confused look to Mo as she started to put the meaning of the words together. She then quickly had that, AH HA, moment as the dots connected. "Yes I know what that is, just not in the context you used it. I get it now, back home we had the beta males too. Thank you for teaching me the correct words to describe human beta males." She had perked up feeling she had just learned something of great importance.

Officer Cabin Deck

The woman whom had not long before left the company of the tall Minkan and short Neshaten, had returned, then burst into laughter upon hearing the conversation, shaking her head at the weird duo. it was very reminiscent of a pair of characters in a book she had read as a young adult, who were different races and opposite ends of the height spectrum, as well. "Don't get too frisky, now, you'll only be sharing the room for a couple of days, though you will be next door neighbors so there is that. Name's Tory, if you need me, and I think it'd be hard for you to fix the pipes yourself without the right parts," She shrugged, indicating a bucket in her hands that carried multiple length of pipe, several more tools, a number of different fittings, as well as sealing compounds and other necessities to make the pipes work. Truthfully, Origin could have semply cast all the parts out of a single piece to make everything work, but until they knew the exact layout for everything to work in the real world, they would leave it to the old fashioned method, as that was easier to customize and make work in different configurations quickly. The Karakoram was the first of its type, after all.

Entertainment Deck

"Don't appreciate me too hard," Nora joked, motioning to the simulation pod that she was currently leaning against, "I got your pod done last, after all. But, I know what it's like to be outed, though to admit mine was my own doing and i'm the only one at fault for it. I just do what I can with what i've got and make the best of it. I'm sure you can too." she popped open the pod and Destiny would see the familiar M5 layout. "Hop in and make sure the settings are right, hopefully everyone else will show up soon, it shouldn't take too long to drop stuff off, but then again all my stuff was already inside so I might be wrong," she mentioned, giggling to herself a little bit.

OFFICERS CABINS

Zeke had wasted no time heading to his and Charles currently shared cabin. Quickly he began to unpack only a couple things and stow the duffle bag as well as large backpack that were his personal effects. With a whistled tune and a upbeat attitude he headed back towards the entertainment deck.

ENTERTAINMENT DECK

Much in the same manner he had left the cabins, he arrived on the entertainment deck. Only having taken a couple minutes for the short trip. His whistled tune was halted as he stopped to admire the training pods with a appreciative whistle.

"Man, that's some top of the line looking sim pods. Looking forward to getting to put those skills into practice again.", He said rubbing his chin in thought of it.

Charles had just finished dropping off his stuff in his room, having taken a bit more time than Zeke to ensure that his luggage didn't spill all over the floor and that his stuff was reasonably secure for the moment. Following that, he made his way back to the elevator and pressed the button. The elevator must have been going in the opposite direction, however, after a minute of waiting Charles decided to instead make his way up the stairs and then began scaling them on his way up to the VR deck.

As Charles made his way up, a door into the stairwell from one of the other decks suddenly opened, with a young woman making her way through it, she was tall, like many of the girls Charles had been dealing with today, but thin, much unlike them. She also had quite dark brown skin, and short, frizzy hair that held close to her head. she sported a standard Origin uniform, and carried in her hands a data pad and some file folders, with an analog stethoscope draped over her neck. she paused upon noticing the shorter blonde man and made to apologize as she nearly ran into him.

"My bad, young man, I should not have come in here so quickly," she apologized, her voice deep and with an accent often associated with people from a certain island, and Charles would see that she carried herself with dignity, and yet was relaxed at the same time. "I hope that you are well?" she asked, almost reflexively.

Charles laughed good-naturedly. "I'm fine, and you don't have to apologize. I ran into someone just a little while ago, so you're already less of a klutz than I am. Besides, I'm not always exactly the most noticeable thing in the world." His height often made him overlooked in many situations in the past, so Charles was used to being overlooked. "I take it you're the ship's main doctor?"

"No, the ship's doctor is someone else, I am only an assistant, however, I daresay I may see to your wellbeing more than the doctor? SHe is rather busy much of the time, for today, I run errands," the woman explained, adjusting the small pile of things so that they were secured under one arm, before holding out a hand in greeting. "Do not worry, however, Hebidi will take care of all she can. I must admit that this is my first assignment to a ship, however, I have many years as a doctor's assistant. Shall we continue? Goings upwards, I assume? I saw your group earlier before the little one disbanded you for a time. Heading back to them?"

"Yes, I believe we're supposed to be doing a simulation of some sort, but I had to stow my luggage before heading back up to the VR deck. The elevator was going in the opposite direction, so I decided to take the stairs." They were now only two floors away from the VR deck. Charles extended his hand and grasped the doctor's hand before giving it a brief shake. "It's nice to meet you, my name's Charles. I get the feeling that we'll be working together fairly often if my impression of the other pilots is correct."

"Hopefully nothing more than checkups are necessary," Hebidi responded, returning the shake as they walked. If Charles cared to look, he would notice the woman was only stepping on every other stair, her stride much longer than his, though she kept pace with him easily and was careful not to move ahead. "However, they will be necessary soon, if for no other reason than to know where we've started. Now, I have arrived at my destination, I bid you well young Charles, it was a good meeting." With a smile, she made her exit, leaving Charles to take the rest of the stairs by himself.

Charles soon made his way onto the VR deck and began to check out the simulators. "Hey, these look just like the kind I used for that test," Charles said. I wonder if the controls will be the same, as well as the difficulty. He thought, as he opened up one of the pods and sat down, the controls looking similar to what he had tested in. "Good, M3 controls. These I know." He said aloud. There hadn't been time to set up a designated loadout for his frame, something that he'd have to take care of later. For now, he'd have to wait and see what kind of loadout he had in the simulation.

Charles now stood next to his pod, awaiting further instructions.

Officer Cabin Deck ==> Entertainment Deck

A rather dismissive "Psshh," was directed at the Nepleslian now known to be named Tory, to follow her dismissive noise the Minkan waved a hand at the lass who'd been trying to finish up the Duo's shared room. Shared for now at least, one bed between them would certainly be interesting given how... unique Mo could be.

"You do you, but I'll make sure there is scalding fucking hot water by the time I need a shower - one way or another," the strong Ravenette continued, moving out of the cabin to start toward the entertainment deck - hoping the busty little fox would follow her.

"Yeah... whatever, don't mention it," Monica replied to the Daur's kind words - not being used to hear such things it made the Minkan a little uneasy.

Sharlett just smiled at her in reply to her words. A moment later she felt her pocket vibrate as a text message come in. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the device. "Oh damn, looks like we are requested on the entertainment deck. Something about training or whatever." She said in a slightly sassy voice.

"You managed to forget that shit already? damn, but yeah they wanted us down there to see if we have any bite to back up the bark or some crap like that," Mo responded, using her height to peek down over the Daur's shoulder inquisitively - though the Minkan tried to be a little subtle as her blue peepers gazed from behind their walls of smokey eyeshadow.

She looked over her shoulder to see the Ravenette trying to take a peek. "Hey, I see you trying to get a sneak peek." She said with a smile as she put the device closer for her to see. The screen had a very cute kitty as the background. "This is my pet Miko, he tends to get in trouble and why I named him after this guy I once knew who was nothing but trouble."

"Nice cat, I guess~" Mo responded, her black locks of wavy hair bouncing gently with each step taken as the two pilots of vastly different sizes continued toward the Entertainment Deck - with the Minkan accessing a map via her fancy computer brain, though the story had piqued her interest...

"Was the dude as bad as you say he is?"

"He was always nice to me but I think him sneaking into my room at night kept my father awake. I tend to keep to myself around people, more so with guys but something about him was different. Had a refreshing smile about him." She looked up at the girl with shoulder-length black hair. "Now that I think about it, you kind of have his smile. The slightly kind, slightly mischievous."

Monica tilted her head at Shar's words, the little fox thing wasn't exactly wrong but... well it depended on the kind of mischievous she was referring to right now - regardless Mo had something to say back, she always did. "Trust me hun, you haven't seen true mischief yet... gimme a day or two and I'll manage to fuck up somebody's day."

A sly smile crossed her face. "We going to tease the boys some more? I do like a good tease." Her eyes looked innocent but her smile was anything but.

Monica stopped dead in her tracks, crossing her arms underneath her ample chest as the also-chesty Daur was given a look of curiosity, a good bit of chaos was always that in Mo's eyes - good. "Depends... got something in mind?"

"Nothing specific at the moment. Though I bet if we flaunt our goods it would get them going." She said pushing her arms under her breasts so they formed nice cleavage.

A dark eyebrow was raised at the Daur's idea, Mo's gaze of course falling beneath Shar's collarbone because of the movement before she managed to drag those blue orbs back up to short thing's face. "If you can, maybe - but shit man I'm stuck wearing all this," the Minkan spoke, gesturing to her own Origin Industries uniform that, while it wasn't exactly bulky, made it hard to commit to Shar's plan while wearing a jacket and all that.

"Doesn't it have a zipper?" She stood on her tip toes and reached up hunting for a zipper on the jacket to release the beasts.

To say Mo was caught off guard was a bit of an under statement, it took her blue eyes a moment to even register that her jacket was being undone and by that point there was a decent bit of her tanned chest exposed - resulting in a sudden shove to the Daur's shoulders as the raven-haired fighter pushed Shar back.

"Hey! I choose when I show skin so bloody get your hands off me, okay?" it wasn't clear whether that was anger or annoyance in her voice but regardless she zipped up the jacket and began moving again, arms crossed over her own chest this time as the Minkan began storming off.

The Daur knew she had crossed a line. She was embarrassed for a moment but then the image of her tan chest crossed her mind. She had to admit to herself this was very nice.

She slowly caught up with the tan lush girl she had just recently met. "You know, you have a strong figure. Should flaunt it more though sorry for acting without asking." She had her hands behind her back and giving the cutest fox eyes look.

Though maybe not super effective the fox eyes cooled the Minkan's temper a little and caused her to slow down the pace slightly, giving Shar a half-scowl as Mo opened her mouth to speak. "I know... I just," the ravenette paused momentarily, leaning in and changing her tone to try and sound a bit more authoritative, "I show it when I bloody well want to, got that?"

She looked up at the tall girl with a grin. "Would it make it even if I." She did not finish before she unzipped her top slightly. Her boobs pushing against the fabric that contained them. It looked like it could burst any moment.

Mo eyed the exposed skin for a moment, maybe two moments before she turned away - quite clearly less grumpy than she had been earlier though the Minkan still forced a scowl onto her features. "Maybe, whatever - I want to pretend to bust something open right now but you can flash the boys if you want," Monica grumbled, muttering something under her breath.

"Oh you are too funny. Those boys cant handle all this. That display was for your eyes only. My way of saying sorry." She let out a cute giddy giggle.

"Huh," was all Mo gave as a response, short, simple and a with a smidge of curiosity behind the sound.

"Tehe." Was all she said as they walked onto the entertainment deck.

Last edited:
It'd taken far too long for Jennifer to wrangle the mecha maintenance crew together to give them the basic orientation drill, but she did. Most seemed to get the hang of it, though Jennifer knew she'd had to baby-step a few through to get a feel for their abilities. Nonetheless, she was now heading for the entertainment deck. The ship was looking good, the mecha bays were loaded and ready to launch. Most had not kit actually installed yet, but that was fine, they'd get added once they got a feel for the pilots. For now though, Jennifer was curious to see how the lot fared in the sim.

Stepping in the main sim area, Jennifer gave a wave to those already present. "Think I've got my work cut out for me with my crew. Don't worry though, we'll be ready to do whatever work's needed to keep this ship's main cargo working like they should." Jennifer stated, throwing a thumb over her shoulder towards the Mecha bays. "For now, let's see how things go. Oh, Nora, you rig our modules with our mecha's rigs, or we running basic modules?" She asked, walking over to her pod.

Entertainment Deck.

Destiny listened to the woman with a nod as she mulled over her own thoughts though watched the pod as it opened. As much as she had liked the M3 Gekido, she had seemingly found a home in the M5 Knight, and she loved it truth be told. Bigger, faster, stronger, it was everything she wanted and more. With a heavy hand on Nora's shoulder, Destiny ducked into the pod as the others began to show up and checked over the settings.

"Is this the only pod set up for the M5?" She asked as she settled herself into the seat and relaxed. She felt comfortable in the seat behind her controls, almost as much as she had back home, and for once she let a small smile play over her face. She could relax a little more once the simulation pod door shut and she was closed off from the others. It was nice not having to worry so much about responsibilities outside of protecting her teammates and completing the missions. She didn't have the weight of an entire race on her shoulders.

No, for now, she just wanted to start the simulation up again and get comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back