• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Origin] OIF Reaper; Genesis

"Roger dodger niner niner and all that crap boss," Ventriss spoke back as she moved to enter the password and then hover her finger over the door's button, making sure to keep her eye on how much power it drew from her back just incase the Minkan needed to pull out if the draw was too immense - surely they could find another way to open these doors.

"So Raff, on three or on go?"

Raffaele plugged in the password on his side and ensured his own connection was good. "On three sounds good, wanna count us down?" The short nepleslian replied, ready to complete the unlocking procedure.

"So does anyone ever call you Triss?" he asked with a look in her direction.

"Eh people probably have," Ventriss spoke as she ensured the connection was secure before offering Raff an apologetic look from behind her visor. "Long story, I'll tell you another time," the Minkan gave a pause before she began counting down for them to open the door in sync.

The countdown went by without much fanfare, and nothing more than their idle chit-chat, giving way to the final engaging of the door mechanisms. the door, suddenly, made a large clunking noise, followed by some other somewhat eerie, nearly echoing mechanical noises, although they were felt as vibrations through the suit rather than actual sounds. After a moment, the mechanical vibrations changed, to a more solid humming, as all the locks had disengaged, and now the hydraulic motors that operated the doors began to function. Systems status displayed in front of each Ventriss and Raffaele, giving them a display of the rate of speed for each motor as well as each side of the hatch as it opened. The Minkan's display read a rate of 1% opening per second, while the Small Nepleslian's rate of opening was a little faster at 1.2%. while it wasn't a huge difference, if it wasn't dealt with it could potentially cause the door to bind on its way down.

"How's everything looking in there?" Trey asked, as he guided his large generator toward the now slowly opening hatch. judging by the current rate of opening, it would just barely make it within the 3 minute window with maybe a minute to spare if any issues arose that weren't dealt with.

Ventriss gave her own display a nod, relieved that the door mechanism at least functioned on the power their suits could provide, just to set her mind at ease though the redheaded Minkan gave Raff's information readout a cursory glance and frowned as it read differently to hers - something they'd need to resolve.

"The old girl might need a bit of precise loving on our end but things are looking good for the most part, sir," she informed their mutual employer before having something job-related to ask of the dwarven Nepleslian. "Hey uhh Raffie, mind sending over your voltage output parameters to my suit? I just wanna try and get our progress synced up is all, reckon you can manage that?" the knife-eared redhead spoke with a tiny bit of tease behind her words but the request was a genuine one.

"Sure, you just had to ask nicely." The nepleslian dwarf teased right back. "Though I guess it's true what they say about men being faster isn't it?"

"Wouldn't know for... reasons we don't need to discuss right now, but I don't exactly think you should be gloating about being fast~" the Minkan hissed back as she calibrated her suit to compensate for the new voltage settings that had been sent her way and hopefully sync the ship's doors up.

Raff looked around and waited for his partner to finish her calibrations, for a derelict there was an awful lot of trouble to go through.

"Gloating might be a tad strong but I suppose you're right. Let's just get this job over and done with so I can have a drink, this ship better not have anymore fucking doors though."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back