Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill (PG-13) Salvage Run 4:Lor/Serenity's Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, I, uh..." Kairi blurted. "You didn't upset me, just... surprised me. It seems kind of easy to move the thing." She blinked. "Pilot again? YSA vet?"

She gave a curt nod.

"I was in the Battle of Nepleslia." Remi sighed a little now. The doctor continued to test her limbs to see if they were able to support her.

"Remi Miyoshi, former Itto Juni of the 6th Fleet at your service. Although now I'm a doctor." As she said this; Remi swung her legs over the side of the bed. They wobbled a little but she managed to stand up straight.

"Now, if I may ask, who is the captain? I'd like to speak to him or her."

Kairi, judging by Remi's body language, gained the knowledge that this was a sore subject to be talked about in time... Seeing the doctor wobble, she leapt from her chair, offering an arm to support Remi. "Careful now!" She pulled the communicator from its holster on her waist with her free hand, flipping it open and calling Toshiro. "Toshi-kun, the patient is up and she wants to speak with you. Should I bring her to the bridge or do you want to come down?"

Toshiro typed in a few commands, and looked to Shaun's station...

"I understand...Shaun, I think it's time you had some command experience up here. I'll come to the medbay right away. I don't want her moving more than necessary so soon."

He rose, and began to head to the primary medbay...

Kairi nodded with an "Understood." Looking to Remi, she said, "I think you should sit down, he should be here in a second. You still need rest, you nearly asphyxiated."

Remi merely nodded

"As the doctor orders." She didn't say it to mock; actually she agreed. The doctor sat back down on the bed with a small sigh of relief. The woman took several deep breaths, and closed her eyes momentarily to collect her thoughts. After a moment the doctor smoothed out the wrinkles on the skirt of her dress, and ran a hand through her hair; trying to make it look presentable.

Toshiro soon arrived into the room and looked at the injured but recovering neko. After a brief moment, he spoke up. He tried not to appear so young and inexperienced, easily being the youngest on the vessel...physically at least.

"I am Captain Yuki Toshiro, owner and CO of the Rescue and Salvage ship, the SRSS Yggdrasill...how are you feeling, and what is your name?"

Remi watched as the young captain entered with a rather appraising eye. Her left eye was completely obscured behind her long hair, but she could see him quite fine despite this. After a few moments a small shy smile crossed her pale pink lips.

"A pleasure to meet you Captain, I am Remi, Remi Miyoshi, " The doctor cleared her throat a little. "As for how I'm feeling, well, a little weak I suppose. Other than that a little ruffled. but fine."

Kairi stood next to Toshiro. She moved to speak to him, "Former Star Army neko. She's a doctor now... perhaps we could enlist her?" She smiled pleasantly at Remi.

Toshiro nodded, turning to Kairi.

"I wouldn't be against offering her a position if she wanted one..."

Toshiro turned back to the doctor, a smile on his face...

"Miyoshi-hakase, are you interested in being a doctor on the Yggdrasill once you recover? If you aren't, you can be a passenger until we get to any safe planet or station you wish to go to..."

Remi merely sat there, looking thoughtfully at the two as they talked. When Toshiro spoke of a job she tapped her chin for a brief moment.

"I had intended to find a ship to be a doctor on, and this one seems to be as good as any," She moved a lank strand of hair out of her face. "If you would not mind having me onboard as the doctor then I'd be delighted to."

Sighing a little she continued "Were you able to save any of my medical supplies and equipment? Or anything at all for that matter?"

Kairi nodded. She left the immediate room and pulled in the suitcase that had been standing outside the door. "I picked this up... Hope everything inside is alright."

Remi watched as Kairi brought in the suitcase. Her shoulders slumped a little, and a hand came up covering her face for a brief moment.

"It should be fine...are you sure that's all?"

Kairi spun on her heel and came back with a laptop, slightly beaten. "This is the only other thing..."

"...I'm sorry if you lost most of your possessions...we do have medications and other things here, though it isn't as advanced as a military vessel by any means."

Toshiro stated, sympathetic...

She sighed a little and shook her head in a weary fashion.

"Its all right...I can always buy more." After a small comforting smile crossed her features again. "Besides, at least something survived."

"...You were formerly of the Star Army, according to Kairi...what was your rank? I offer increased pay and sometimes rank to veterans of certain ranks..."

Toshiro stated, hoping to get her mind off of her misfortune...

Serenity listened to the others speaking. She could see that the new person was sad, and as a result her own tail began to slow a little, upset that she was.

Looking over to Kairi she tugged on her elbow. ~"Sad why?"~ As she asked, she pointed to Remi.

Remi clearly didn't like talking about her former life, but she hid it. "I was an Itto Juni." She replied her voice still a little crestfallen.

Hopping off the bed once more, she wobbly made her way over to the suitcase. Clicking the locks she opened it, and began to make sure her clothing was ok.

Toshiro nodded, smiling a bit...

"I see...a normal crewman gets 75 KS weekly to start with two items, but anyone who is between Santo Juni and Chui, inclusive, starts at 200 KS weekly with two items...how does that sound?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back