• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Taking It Back [Phase III] Bunting From Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrys giggled as she was pulled up on Lucas's lap. She put on arm around him and leaned against him. "Well I though that the briefing already started." She added, looking away from Lucas. "If I remeber right, we get there on ships. FIght our way through into the facility, take data we need and bomb the place to nothing. Still we could use some layout. Also any idea how much force does NMX plan to throw at the place? What are we up against? Mr. Browns? Nekoes or maybe even some heavy armour? We could use some weaponry should we meet a PA. Like grenades or rocket-launcher or something."

Archie took his face out of his coffee mug long enough to turn and give his attention to Alex now. But the coffee was close to making a return.

After taking the world's longest pause, Alex drew his teacup to his lips one more time before setting it down.

He sighed, and rose from his seat with hit wrists crossed behind his back.

"I suppose someone can get Galina acquainted with my plan on the way." He said, waltzing evenly around the table to eyeball each member of his team. "I shall begin by letting all of you know that this will be a very risky undertaking-- there is a very strong risk to our mere presence in these waters. However, I had done extensive calculations, and I believe that if everything goes according to plan with only minor deviations... We will successfully take control of the command center for the Orbital Defense Platfroms."

Alex stopped and took a long hard gaze at them, letting the words sink in.

"That's right," He assured them, "Our target today is the control center for the very thing that keeps the NMX from landing more forces on the planet. We have to take it from their grasp before they can break the protection on its automated systems and force a manual override."

Then, before Alex could move on to his brilliant (Or at least brilliant-sounding) plan, a new person entered the officer's mess. He was a short, typical-looking Nepleslian with brown hair and brown eyes; his features farmiliar to many members of the team. His even more farmiliar voice rang out in the increasingly crowded lounge, "That won't be necessary, Mister Foster."

Alex squinted his good eye at the intruder for a moment before the sudden realization hit him-- his HHG was quick in his hands, but the stranger didn't move except to raise his own hands.

"You? You aren't an ID-Sol?" Alex asked, shoving his revolver forward, "But I can tell, you are the one. You are 'Mister Brown'."

The man nodded. "I am."

"How did you get on board!?" Lucas demanded, rising to his own feet and pushing Chrys behind him.

Mister Brown lowered his head a bit with a chuckle. "I've been here the whole time. Just a little make-up, and bam! I'm one of the boys. Working in the engine room, organizing the cargo-bay-- Hell, I even fixed the heavy water converter before I came up here to stop you."

"You are certainly an industrious spy." Alex submitted, closing the gap between them with the pistol held high, "Now, explain why we will not be attacking your comrades today. What manner of sabotage have you arranged?"

"None." Brown shot back, "My orders have always been to observe. My body is too weak for fightin' and shit. That's why my clones are all ID-Sol. I'm here because I was told to speak to you... I came to give you the terms of our surrender."

All Alex could do was cough out a quick, befuddled, "What!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back