• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Taking It Back [Phase III] Bunting From Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Adele could respond to Archie and his sport, Alex butted in. “ Hmm, breakfast does sound like a good idea” Her eyes followed Alex as he disappeared down the hatch, before turning to her duffel, picking it up again and slinging it over her shoulder. Once more having her back jabbed by one of the bits in her bag “ shouldn’t have packed so fast” she muttered , readjusting it.

Her attention finally returned to Archie “ Well, if you would be so kind as to lead the way , it seems we have some breakfast to track down”

"Nah we can use regular showers," Chrys said with a yawn and almost had her breath thrown out of her by sudden hug. "They are clean and if some man comes in I'll break his arm." She finished and continued eating. It seemed even Minnie finally noticed that Alex was not funny and nice guy she talked about before. Not that it changed her views on him.

And then Luca came in and Chrys was suddenly wide awake, looking at his uniform. "Wow, looking good darling!" She said and blinked few times. She wondered what that was supposed to be. As he sat next to her she slid his table with porkchops to him. "Here's your bacon, don't mess up the nice uniform." She said and took invisible piece of dirt or maybe hair off his shoulder.

"sasg" was all Rennik could reply to minerva, a new person he didn't recognize, both out of her being new and him not particularly noticing quite yet. He slowly began to pick at the sausages at his plate, nearly oblivious to anyone coming in an out. It took nearly a full minute for his sleepy brain to get one sausage on his fork, and he nearly missed his mouth the first time trying to eat it.
"jce" he mumbled

"That we do." Archie replied, picking up his rifle and slinging it on his shoulder.

He spritely slid down the ladder into the command compartment and reached up towards Adele with his hands. "Bag, if you please."

Adele shrugs at the request, pulling her duffel off of her shoulder . She leaned down a bit and did her best not to fully drop it onto Archie” Do be careful, its heavy” and drops it the short distance she has to.

Shortly after she follows suit herself quickly mounting the ladder and making her way down, not sliding down due to Archie still being at the bottom . Extending her hand again for her duffel back for when she is settled at the bottom “ So, do I dare ask what is considered as breakfast around here?” . She waits for Archie to set the pace and direction

Archie caught the bag in his arms and staggered sideways with a grunt at the impact. He waddled back with the bag leaning against his torso. His cheeks puffed in a sigh once Adele took the bag back. Obviously the bag was heavier than he expected someone like her to carry.

"Right!" Archie sighed loudly. "Uh, this way!" He said, leading the way through a hatch. Obviously that bag had deflated some of his gusto from earlier.

Adele always carries the duffel on her right, not that Archie could have known but cybernetics always made this sort of thing a lot easier. She took a moment to have it sit properly on her shoulder, before following Archie through the hatch

“.. You know I have not heard yet, what is her name?” she says gesturing with her free hand to the sub

"Thanks, sweet stuff." Lucas replied. Well, it was anyone's guess what he actually said, as what came out was muffled and distorted beyond the sounds of pork-chops being decimated by the ID-Sol's thick, widened, maw. Minerva watched with some amazement as Lucas eventually swallowed the crushed matter of two pork-chops at the same time without a single drop of grease nearing the careful press and pleat of his uniform.

"Wow!" She said, causing a glass of orange juice to vibrate, "I just love how good you are at keeping that get-up clean!"

"Years of practice in both Star Army and the Red Faction Navy, shortcake." Lucas shot back.

"Wow..." Was all Minerva could say.

-----

Alex strode down one of the submarine's many corridors with a wobbling box held at arm's-length. Noises emenated from the beige plastic as it writhed in his hand, suggesting that a mysterious creature resided within. It was with this creature that Alex made his way to the room of the still slumbering Alexis with such a sense of purpose as to imply a suicide mission.

When he reached her door, Alex did something most unusual: He knocked. Twice.

Alexis looked at the door, from beneath her covers. Stared at it, on the verge of rolling over and ignoring it entirely, but a glance at her glow-in-the-dark wall clock showed that she was late getting up, anyway. Eventually she gave up trying to ignore it, and said, "It's open."

Alex slid the door open and poked his head into the room first, eventually pulling the wobbling carrier in behind him.

"Are you still angry with me, Alexis?" He asked, his eye panning over the crumpled form he assumed was her.

Alexis sat up in bed. She had worn a sleeveless tank, and a pair of shorts, and visits like this were why. But she didn't know what to say to that, well, that sort of thing, really. Apparently this guy was here to apologize or something. She pushed the short silver mess of her hair out of her face - it was going a little darker blond near the roots again - and blinked a few times at the box. "Sure."

"I thought as much." Came the reply. "I cannot easily imagine why you were bothered so much, but I do respect your feelings." Alex twisted around a bit and presented the carrier in both hands. "I hope this can elicit pleseant feelings from you, rather than negative ones."

Raven finally made his way to the galley of the sub, with his armor on and his rifle slung over his back. He didn't know these people other than that they were there at the junkyard with him. He grabbed a tray of whatever was available and sat alone in a corner watching the others as they entered and left, ensuring that he had the entrance or entrances in his sight so that nobody could come in or out without him noticing.

Jack made his way down from where he had been participating in uplifting task of making a bomb with a co-worker, remaining in the makeshift workshop instead of getting some sleep like everyone else had done. It wasn't as if he was the sleeping kind anyway, over and over again the former gang member found himself having spent a few days in a row without much solid sleep.

Arriving at the galley where everyone else was, Jack quickly picked up a tray of food and went to find himself a seat. Making the bomb was entertaining, but he couldn't wait seeing how it would go when it detonated, and that was where the real fun was for him.

"Not a clue!" Archie admittedly cheerfully as he led Adele through the corridors of the sub. "Our generous employer apparently had it at the bottom of the river in case he ever needed it, to what purpose I cannot fathom."

Soon enough they were at the door to the mess, which Archie stood before and motioned with an arm to let Adele go in first.

Adele smirked a bit " That does sound like him" in response to Archie's comment regarding the name.

It was then she stepped into the galley. She paused at the entrance a moment and took a slow moment to look over everyone in the room, starting from one corner , and ending up in the corner Raven sat in. The smirk that she wore walking in became a smile as stepped deeper in " Good morning, everyone"

"mrnng" was all Rennik could say in response to Adele. He was still mostly asleep, even though his mouth was making a valiant attempt at eating his eggs and sausage. He had also unknowingly placed a sausage in his coffee, and it didn't seem he was going to be aware of this mistake any time soon.

"Yay, more new people!" Minerva hopped up from her spot and whirled around the room, pulling up more chairs and trays for everyone. She was like a firestorm, plucking Rennik's sausage out of his coffee and returning it to it's plate, snatching the enourmous bag from Adele and lugging it breathily to the corner, all the while with a pot of coffee in her left hand.

"Just sit down wherever you want! Alex told me to expect another girl. You must be Adele!"

-----
Blinking more sleep out of her eyes, Ally eventually took to rubbing them with her hand. She took some sleep out of the corners, watching the cage with something akin to dread. Alex had a strange way of dealing with people, and Ally didn't want to get near until she knew what was inside the box.

"Go ahead." Alex urged her softly, "It won't bite you unless you harm it."

With a really bad feeling, and almost not doing it, Ally reached out across the small officer's compartment and unlatched the door. Momentarily, a small beige ball of fur emerged from the tiny cage, adorned with floppy ears and black marble eyes. It was the most plain-looking dog ever created.

"Minerva came along with me. I'm not sure if you met her. She insisted on something more outlandish like one of those furry pink Yamataian ones." Alex explained, lifting the tiny creature towards Ally. "But I knew better. My 'smart girl' Alexis Arms would make the rational decision and choose the genetically superior animal that would live longer."

Alexis looked at it bleerily, as it gave her the flat, black look. It was smart, alright. It had, somehow, in Alex's presence, already resigned itself to being manhandled without permission.

"It's a Rhodesi Lab," Alexis explained, reaching out for the dog, to spare it from being held aloft by the scruff the entire conversation. "It's just a pup, now, but this thing is going to get pretty big."

Alex twitched in the face. "That will be fine." He said, obviously not fine with it.

Settling it in her lap, where it crouched timidly, Alexis gently messed the short fur over its shoulder until it lay down completely. "I didn't know you liked animals."

"I do not." Alex replied, "But my intuition suggested that perhaps you do."

"My parents used to own a kennel," Ally explained. "It was one of my dad's stupid hobbies but he never paid much attention to it, he just let other people run it for him and used it to brag. They won a lot of shows, and he'd always tell people when they visited, and show off the ribbons. But he never showed the dogs himself."

Alexis turned the pup so its feet were up, and began scratching beneath its forelegs. The sound of Alex's shutter clicking formed a bizzare revelie with the tug of the fur.

Looking back up, Ally fixed him with a accusing stare. "You are not taking pictures of me with my arm off, with hardly any clothing on, are you?"

Alex's implant twisted and zoomed a bit before he replied, "I am photographing the animal. I wish to monitor its growth. You are barely visible in the images." Click. Click.

Sighing, Alexis asked, "Did you buy any dogfood?"

Alex flicked an eyebrow, "Doesn't it eat meat? It appears to be carnivorous."

Picking the dog up and cradling it in her one arm, Ally kicked off the covers and put her bare feet on the ground, slowly. The metal floor wasn't very warm. Standing, she wandered over to her pants, in the corner, and crouched - letting the dog down onto the floor. Then, she started digging.

"You have to buy dogfood," Ally explained. "They don't digest human food very well. It has chemicals and things in it that their digestive system doesn't agree with and unless you want this puppy shitting everywhere on the ship, you're going to have to go back out there and buy about, well, say fifty pounds of puppy chow, and then when it gets bigger we'll have to switch over."

Glancing back over her shoulder, Ally tossed a small folded pocketbook at Alex, who snatched it out of the air and tossed it to his side, onto the bed. "I will see to it that we acquire some of both. The animal will be well-fed, and will have assigned crewmen to watch over it while we're away."

Ally glanced over to her pocketbook, and then back to Alex, picking the dog back up and, with some dexterious manuvering, settling it comfortably against her chest in the crook of her arm. "You're just going to walk outside and just like, tell someone else to do it, aren't you?"

Alex turned his head and pressed his hand against the implant, focusing on a corner of the cieling, appearing as a thinker. "Sounds logistically sound. Perhaps I will."

Shaking her head, Alexis settled the pup on the side of the spartan sink provided with the officer's quarters, plugged the drain, and ran some of the water into the basin. The dog began lapping it up immediately. Its tail, which had been stationary, began to show just the hint of the shadow of wagging.

"Whatever, I should have figured you'd pull a stunt like this. Buying a dog, but no food. Just... have them knock."

Alex snapped his head back around again. This was not how the events were supposed to transpire. The dog was supposed to be a carnivore, capable of eating the meat that was in abundant supply on the ship. Not some weak-stomached beast which would grow to be three times his size.

"I will go out and get some food myself." He said quickly, raising a hand slightly in the universal sign of surrendering to a woman's desires, "I will go on my airbike and return before we set out for our operation, Ally. Will that make you feel better?"

Looking up, Ally did manage a sort of smile. "Yea. Thanks."

The dog was considerably more active now, and Ally had to snag it by the scruff to keep it from slipping straight into the growing water pool.

"Okay, good. That is good. Very good." Alex nodded a couple of times, trying to ignore the clumsy creature before him. There was more twitching involved. The contemplative hand had since wandered to his hair to scratch at that spot next to his temple, "Oh, and I should mention another thing as well. One of our newer arrivals, a former friend of mine. Her name is Minerva Ipps. She has prepared breakfast for you. For each of us, personally. She wishes to 'get to know' everyone, she says. You may enjoy her company; she too is small and at times child-like."

Alexis twirled her hand in a circular motion. "Yea, like, maybe, alright? Let me find some place to settle this little guy."

"Right." Alex shot back. He ran his fingers under his lapel and made for the door, saying, over his shoulder, "If you'll excuse me-- I have seventeen minutes to procure two detonators and puppy food. Everything must be on schedule."

"Well," Alexis Kimball-Styrling, dog-person extraordinare, said, settling her hand on her hip and leaning her other side against the sink, the water now high enough the apparently starving, dehydrated animal could reach it without going head-first. "I guess you'd better hurry, then?"

The only reply Alexis got was a brief glimpse of Alex's implant before the door slid shut and the room was empty of visitors once more.

Alexis looked down at the dog.

The dog, finished gorging itself on water, looked up and gave her a really happy face.

"Numbskull."

Adele couldn’t help but watch in a bit of surprise as Minerva did her thing. It did not show, but she was not accustomed to having this sort of person in her life. After her bag was put down in the corner, Adele took the tornado of a woman's advice and sat down at a free seat near the end of one of the so far unoccupied tables, but near enough for easy conversion with the others

“Yes I am.. I am afraid we have not been introduced yet“ She reached for an empty cup, turning it right side up in front of her. “Are you the head chef? “

"Oh, you flatterer!" Minerva cheered, moving in to give Adele a tight, suffocating hug, "Nothing silly like that! I'm just Alex's ex-... Ex-friend! Who's gonna be his NEW FRIEND in no time! Once I get to know all his new friends," At this she spread her arms again and backed away from Adele to indicate everyone present in the room, "I'm sure we'll be right back to where we left off in no time flat and a half!"

Chrys ate her eggs with one hands, while other rested on Luca's thigs. It just felt nice when he was there. Nice and safe. Chrys wondered what it will be like, when they will go into field today. She though it will work out, but now she was not so sure. What if something happened to Lucas in the field. She would probably not be able to keep calm mind. That will be really troublesome. Well people said love makes things complex.

"So..." she said, after swallowing. "Why the fancy uniform Luc?" It was a simple question.

"Excuse me... excuse me...", the two checkers players didn't hear Nika over their bickering. Nika grabbed a pan off of a shelf and banged it loudly over an adjacent table three times to catch both of their attention. "Could one of you please help me? I just want something quick that I can walk with and eat.", Nika said wiping her nose, feeling dried blood irritate her sinuses, and staring with an angry big sister look in her eyes at the two checker players...

...Leaving the mess hall with a protein bar. Nika began to roam the halls aimlessly, until she realized she had not cleaned off since yesterday. She headed back to find a change of clothes. There was still a cover on Fizz's cage, but he chirped at her none-the-less upon hearing her approach, so she removed it and grabbed her bag of seed and reached her hand in it to restock his food. Fizz nibbled on and tongued the tip of her pinkie as she reached her hand into his cage then he hopped down and began his own breakfast. Nika smiled at the bird, grabbed her fresh clothes, and then began to make her way to the showers.

Upon arriving at the empty shower room, Nika disrobed and tossed all her clothes haphazardly on the floor away from any perceivable area that water would flow to from the shower she was choosing. She turned on the shower, but did not bathe herself; instead she sat on the floor staring angrily at a darkened spot on the wall close to the floor. "I need to buy birdseed.", she thought to herself as the hot water washed over her like a warm summer rain. She leaned her head back against the wall, closed her eyes, and relaxed a bit. "I suppose I need to start making friends here... I don't want to be seen as bitch or creepy loaner." She smiled to herself as she mused further, "I suppose it is the women on this ship I should focus on... men will be friends for tits and shaved crotch... except maybe Alex, that one likes men, I am thinking... or perhaps farm animals; it is hard to tell. Fortunately, women on ship seem friendly and capable; perhaps good friends we will make." Nika unwrapped a bar of soap and began to clean herself while remaining on the floor, merrily humming a tune.

After the hug Adele could not help but look at Minerva with a bit of disbelief. Such boundless enthusiasm had to be an act, didn't It? This feeling intensified a bit at what could only be called a proclamation of intent. She tried to get rid of the disbelief as fast as possible

" I am.. sure the two of you will be fast friends.. if you where.. ex friends" She shrugs a bit , pouring herself a cup of coffee from the pot she had lifted off Minerva during the hug. She smiled a bit earnestly as the cup warmed her hands. " Though, from what I am told , today will be a bit less social in its nature. Anyone have any details?"

"Actually..." Lucas stopped to swallow the last bite of pork-chop before continuing, "I can answer both of you ladies at once. Of course, Alex will have to do the official briefing."

Lucas slouched back in his chair and plucked each button on his uniform coat until it hung open. Then, he patted his chest with a lazy hand while he explained, "Basically, There's gonna be two forces doin' two different things today. You guys and Alex are gonna slip out before we get there in a fishing boat and troll around behind the island. Meanwhile, I'll stay here with the submarine and whatever armed naval forces we can muster from the local resistance and police force..."

The ID-sol paused again, this time to light his cigar. The heavy vapor from it filled the room quickly, seeming to ooze off of the table and the light fixtures. With a sigh, Lucas continued, "And I'm gonna pretend to be part of a fake Red Navy cell that's been hiding out in these waters for the last few years-- conducting a head on assault while you guys sneak around back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back