Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Taking It Back [Phase III] Bunting From Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adele nodded slowly as the words sank in. She raised her cup of coffee to her lips ,leaning back in her chair a bit, though not enough to risk tipping it “ I would try to get more details, but I am guessing we are going to have to wait for the formal briefing. Objectives are somewhat important in this kind of thing.

“ You will have to pardon the ignorance , but perhaps a brief introduction is in order? As was already quite loudly said. My names Adele” she said looking over the room for the others to introduce themselves

He had started snoozing now at the table, sitting completely straight with the exception being his head, which was drooping slightly. He drooped lower...then lower...then THUD! his head hit the table with a loud crack and he jerked upright. Wide eyed and internally panicking (as one does when suddenly woken), he scrambled out of his chair and slowly walked toward the kitchen part of the room.
"Coffee, I think" he said aloud. After spacing out for a minute to remember why he went to the coffee machine, he poured a cup, burning his hand as he went. He was going to have a bad day, he just knew it.

Archie leaned against the side of the hatch and watched the proceedings with mild interest. He sighed at the clutziness of his teammate.

"Rennik, sit down before you fall down and chip a tooth or something!" he said loudly. Looking over the group and grinning a little as he shook his head. Just what on earth was Lucas wearing.

Chrys frowned a little. "So you won't go with us Lucas?" She asked with a sigh. This brought two thing up. FIrst she did not have to keep an eye on him while fighting, but now she will be worrying if he would be okay. Worse even, because she won't be there to help him. And he won't be there for her to rely on him. That was bad.

Then the new girl spoke out. "Oh, hello." Chrys replied, blinking. "I am Chrysanthe Chronis, call me Chrys."

"And I'm Lucas Jackson." Lucas said in a cloud of smoke, "Assistant to Alex Foster, and otherwise an expert in being shot at!"

Lucas raised a thick fist to a sort of cigar-trailing wave. His other hand was busy searching for a new piece of leg on Chrys to squeeze. While he searched, he also explained, "While you'd normally be working directly with me, it's just like Chrys fears-- I'm staying behind today."

Adele nodded to the pair of them, it couldn't be much more obvious that they where a couple in one form or another. She also caught Rennik's name but would wait for the formality of the man to introduce herself. She focused back on Chrys and Lucas.

She grinned a bit" I am not sure I would sound so proud about being an expert at being shot at, but that's a lot better then being an expert at being hit. From the sound of it I am sure I will have my chance to see this feat in person" Even as she said it in good humor, she did take a brief look at Chrys, Chrys's sigh only suggested that this may become an issue. She reached out and took a sip of her coffee.

"If I sit down, vieil homme, I might not wake up" Rennik replied to Archie. He thought about this for a minute, but he couldn't think very well at the moment, , so he just leaned against the counter.
"Rennik Cage" he said to adele.

CHrys sighed and put her hand on Lucas's. "You be careful darling," she said and softly smiled at him. "Don't play a hero without me, you understand?" The tall woman chuckled and softly hugged Lucas.

"It's more like I'm supposed to play a villain, today-- But I know what'cha mean, lady." Lucas said with a nod and a stream of smoke. The massive ID-Sol satisfied himself to one more squeeze of Chrys' thigh and leaned back against his seat with the seams of his new uniform stretching slightly under his bulk. "I just hope they buy it, 'sall."

"They will."

Alex appeared in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. It was obvious he'd been riding his airbike, the way his hair was messed up and his clothes were damp with foamy sea-mist.

"Let us see..." He said, strolling into the room with an appraising glance to its occupants, "Do we have everyone? I think it's nearly time to begin the briefing."

Adele looked to Alex as he entered the room, taking note of his appearance. Confidence, of course, always seemed to mark this mans entrance. Cup of near finished coffee still cradled in her hands, she moved the rest of her body to match her eyes, facing Alex

“ I wouldn’t be able to say if we have everyone or not, but I am curious about our mission. It sounds as if you have something interesting lined up Alex”

Chrys drunk a little of her coffee and smiled at Lucas, her own hand rested on his thigh. A little higher though. "Unless there is a problem with me having just a T-shirt and my undies on me, we can go for the briefing." She said and laughed again.

Archie nodded to Alex as the other man stepped past him through the hatch. With that Archie moved off to get a last pot of coffee in before the serious business started. If anything the older man looked bored in anticipation for their mission, but perhaps there wouldn't be much call for his skills on this particular mission.

He thought about this as he drank. He didn't exactly have much faith in most of this motley crew. Their last mission hadn't gone swell, and the experience in the junkyard had been confused and hectic, and Rennik seemed to love running into Archie's sights. Archie grumped to himself, maybe next time he'd just forget his trigger discipline and get rid of the distraction for good. Useless excuse for a sniper the other bloke called himself anyway.

Shaking the weariness and the sudden headache with a great headshake, Rennik followed Alex. He hoped that he would have time to get to scavenge the armory. He decided he was, for the interim, going to have to settle from one of the rifles there. He felt otherwise useless with only his pistol.

Archie grumped to himself in his grumpy old man state, a toodled over take a seat at the big table everyone seemed to be sitting at right now.

"I would much prefer it if we all stayed fully dressed. Thank you very much, indeed." Archie said outloud, before taking a calm sip of his coffee.

Alex nodded to Archie. "That would be most efficient. Nudity can create distractions and cause sexual tensions." He whipped his head to Chrys, "So Miss Chronis, please remain fully clothed. Now."

Alex slid into a chair that Minerva had pulled back for him, and took up a cup of tea which had been placed instantly in front of him. It was all very regal-looking, if it weren't for the fact that Minerva wore jeans and a t-shirt depicting a skeleton. Or that they were all on a grimy old submarine from another war.

"For this outing, I will require Archival, Chrysanthe, Adele, Rennik, and Galina to accompany me on a seperate boat to the--" Alex stopped himself, throwing a sideways glance around the room. He looked back at Minerva. She smiled at him. He frowned a bit and cleared his throat, "Speaking of Galina: Have any of you seen the woman?"

Alex sipped his tea to form an auditory question-mark, his eye searching the table for answers.

Adele did the one thing she really could at this point, she poured herself another cup. She gave an almost impossibly small shake of her head at the whole situation. She stared into the cup's inky depths , as if she where looking for answers to questions yet to be spoken. Today was going to be a long day.

Chrys sighed. They were all making such a fuss about clothing. THe tall woman looked at Lucas next to her with smirk. She then promptly opened buttons on his officer-jacker, took it off and put it on. She even stole his head and put it on her head.

"There clothed," she said with a smile. "General Chronis reporting for duty. As for Galina, I would assume she is taking the submarines apart somewhere so she can sell those things later. Aka I have no idea Mr. Stalker. Shouldn't we also get that demolition guy?"

Jack moved to where the group was assembling after finishing his meal, seemingly materializing there. The ex-ganger had a broad, and most disconcerting smile on his face.

"Only thing that could make me miss watching that bomb go off would be a bigger bomb going off." He said casually as if commenting on a particular article from a newspaper, not that he paid much attention to these besides using them for molotovs.

"Yes, of course." Alex said into his tea, nodding a tad. Minerva stood behind him, eyeing the saucer on the table with the kettle held in a tight grip. She was just waiting for the teacup to touch it, even for a second, so she could swoop in with the refill.

"You should be proud of your work, Greiss." Alex went on, "I have taken a look upon it already this morning. It was well made, as was the one Galina herself made last night. They should be suitable for our purposes."

Lucas chuckled a bit, and added, "Last time ya said 'suitable', it meant the bombs were too big. We almost didn't get out alive."

"We should be fine." Alex reassured him. Lucas just nodded and snapped up Chrys, his uniform top still baggy even on her large frame, and planted the wingless Elysian firmly on his lap.

Adele lowered her coffee to the table and spoke up” I hate to be the one causing trouble on my first day, but can we start the briefing soon? If the operation is this evening we will still need time to prepare. “

Part of her couldn’t believe all the friendly banter had gone on this long for a same day mission. “I understand we may be short a member, but there is something to be said for being prompt to such things"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back