• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking closer to Lyshana, Tsura stared up at the floating vessel for the ship's biological component. "I was not aware hybrot technology was utilized outside of the Free State. Though, without a genebank..." Tsura's voice came to a still. "What is the source of the brain you have given to the Yggdrasil? Was it grown from your own genetic code?"

Even as she asked about the origins of the brain, she couldn't help but wonder why it was left to float around the ship. Perhaps the unit had sensors of its own? But even then, the ship likely had sensors in any room. The decision, ultimately, was one that mystified her. She would have likely asked about it, if her time on the Free Wind hadn't taught her that those outside the Free State could often be taken aback by all kinds of questions.

"Um...er... well..." Lyshana says, with flushing "It's... well... I'm a medic... and... I do routine genetic testing on all my patients... But, well, yes. There's a lot of me in it, at least with reguards to the brain. There's also some dog to get instincts that would make the brain loyal to and protective of it's pack, erm crew. A...anyway" She looked to be very embarrassed. "Um... so... this way..." she leads them, flustered and embarrassed to the lounge. "This is the lounge, where most of the crew hangs out."

Suzune nodded subtly, noting the slight discomfort Lyshana experienced when Tsura questioned her about the brain system design. Strange... At any rate, she still followed along, this time not really saying anything about it, as the Elysian led them further along to the lounge. A brief glance, a nod, and a subtle comment.

"Oh, well this looks fairly well-appointed for a crew lounge... Better than I've had at any rate."

While the advanced computer of the Yggdrasil was carefully monitoring the progress of the new arrivals through the vessel, there suddenly came something else to take its attention momentarily away. The recently upgraded surveillance subsystem had begun to detect suspicious activity in the vicinity of the portside medical bay/sleep area...

Though current crew manifests & personnel data indicated there was noone assigned to be using this section of the ship for habitation, there had been a recent entry into the couple's room in the access logs by an unknown passenger entity. The strange part was that the intruder had apparently proceeded to activate a bathing chamber there, and the unusual water draw was what had finally threw up the red flag to the master OS that something was amiss aboard.

Just who or what was squandering the Yggdrasill's limited H20 supply...?

"I see. Genetic recombination is not a simple process. Your skills are marvelous. I am eager to learn from your talents." Tsura was unperturbed by Lyshana's clearly flustered reaction to her questions. Those from outside freespace could often have odd practices involving humility and pride. Rather than get tangled up in asking the details in company, Tsura just made a mental note to find out whether this was an element of Elysian culture or something particular to Lyshana.

Coming in to the lounge, Tsura's gaze shifted from one side and then to the other, noting the peaceful quiet in the lounge. "It seems that there is not anyone here right now. An empty stillness in the hall for communal din and joy." Her hand moved to the head of a nearby chair, drawing along the top of it. "The Yggdrasil has a very strong work ethic."

Yggdrasill chimed to both Toshiro and Lyshana the data which it had detected...a pair of bloaters floated into the room, to investigate...

"There's an even nicer lounge on our other ship" Lyshana said "But this is better then the lounges I stowed away on... I think we all work hard here, there is much that needs to be done." There was a beep, and lyshana checked her communication unit. ".... Excuse me" Lyshana said with a blink "I've just been informed that someone's using water supplies at an interesting rate. I suspect it's some biology I am unfamiliar with. Possibly a stow away from the last planet we visited..." There was a strange glint in her eyes, and a scalpul appears in her hand "This will be... interesting. Bridge's that way, if you wish to meet Toshiro..." She said "I'm heading to the bathroom... If you wish to follow, you may" The scalpul was returned into her medical pouch, and she walked to the room in question.

Then she opened the door. "If you're stowing away, you'd have done better to use less water." She said calmly "Trust me, I know, I've stowed away a few times before myself"

As both the bloaters and Lyshana went to investigate the room, they found the entrance to it slightly ajar. Leading inside was a trail of of vaguely webbed footprints had been left as slightly damp imprints in the nice carpet. Just about everything in the room itself was undisturbed, thankfully, as the amphibious visitor had made a beeline for the bathroom area. The door to it was also left open a crack in apparent haste.

Delving deeper into the restroom, the source of the problem became quite clear. The personal bathtub at the far wall was completely full with water and overflowing slightly onto the floor, as a large amount of the space was naturally being displaced by a five and a half foot or so tall humanoid figure that was submerged within the basin.

Dressed in skin-tight blue and black wetsuit of some type over a glossy blue skin, the immersed figure seemed to be unaware of their presence as of yet, engrossed in it's bath. A sapphire-colored, muscular tail jutted out of the water and hit the side of the tub with a dull thump, as the liquid rippled from what was a soothing, feminine voice below that mumbled in abject relief at the chance to refresh herself. "Ahhhh...."

Lyshana watches a moment, slinking up. "Hello. You know, I've stowed away a few times myself" she says next to the girl "And there are honestly better ways to do it then this. You are an azorian, yes? May I eplore your biology?"

Though the cool waters were almost like a euphoria for Noelani after having been hiding in the dusty cargo hold for who knows how long, the vibrations reaching her from above warned her that she was suddenly not alone. Oh no, I'm busted!, grimaced the Azorean to herself, as her desperation for a drink had sadly got the better of the young woman. Her first instinct was to leap out in her athletic style and run away back to her hiding spot, but her water-starved body simply did not want to move. As such, the aquatic alien decided she had to face the music now rather than later. She'd already ruined her plans for meeting with the famous Captain Toshiro now, as they'd think she was just a common thief or something instead of an eager new crewmember!

Slowly, a similarly blue hued face arose out of the waters a little sheepishly to face her apprehender, turquoise colored algae hair draping off her youthful Azore features. The Yggdrasil's new computer program began to kick in when it detected the voice pattern of the foreigner, and the sound coming from Noelani's lips ended up much more familiar speech to Lyshana than one would expect. "Uh... hi." spoke the intruder simply, as she stretched her face in a weak smile. "Could you explore my biology... after I try to not to die of dehydration?" The look in her white fish-lensed eyes was hard to read at first, but it was obvious Noelani wasn't entirely healthy and knew it was her fault for underestimating the rigors of space travel.

Lyshana blinks at the girl, wings twitching excitedly "Hrm... Sky meets water" she offers a hand to the girl, with a grin "Sure, you can be in that tub for how long you want. I'm surprised you agreed so redily to exploratory surgery and possible modification." she says with a sardonic grin. "Need anything? I suspect that water's too fresh for you, I likely should put some salts in it for maximum benefit for you." The floaters floated beeside her, bobbing in the air, her blue and green eyes both sparkling with a great deal of energy

The Azorean blinked, the protective lenses sliding over her eyes a few times in disbelief. A person with natural wings? Amazing! To think she had to fly the hard way all this time, breaking Nimiss knows how many windsails in the process...

A slim fingered and small palmed hand was extended from the water in a friendly gesture to shake, as bits of webbing from between the digits retracted slightly as it did so. "...you've got... wings..." murmured Noelani in awe, but then when the Azorean heard her next line she then pulled both her hands up out of the waters and started shaking them vigorously in front of her face. "Hey, wait a sec, ms. Birdy. I didn't volunteer to be your science project! I like my body just the way the Goddess Nimiss made it, thanks!" Her animated panic wore off soon enough though, as she later admitted "Some salts would be nice, though..."

Pausing for a moment she tried to smile again, and figure out the story behind this strange member of the crew. "So you can understand me, child of Areeka? That's really rad. My name's Noelani."

"Hmm? Yeah, I have wings... you want them too?" She asked, streatching one wing over the girl so she could feel it and the feathers. She ordered a floater to grab salts, and soon is dumping some salts into the water "Sorry, you'll have to stir it yourself. I'm... not a daughter of Areeka. I renounced my relation to the rest of my race." She tried to get the balance of the salts the same as the water on Azora "Anyway... Lyshana Seran" The short Lyshana offered her long fingered hand to shake

As the servants dumped the salts in the water, Noelani shifted position slightly so her tail could move more freely. Immediately it began making well-practiced swirling motions that circulated the additive to the bathwater. It was definitely an improvement, and she was perking up a lot more as a result of her wetsuit replenishing its moisture. It was about this time Lyshana also noticed the Azorean had a lot of coral beads strung together in her hair, braided in many spots for a very colorful and adventurous look.

Poking tentatively at one of the feathers, the sporty girl commented excitedly in a series of high and low tones. "Well, I've got wings, sort of, back home on Sudran. Ones made of metal and my dreams..." Grinning wider at the thought, she added. "It sure would be amazing to glide without a windsail, but I want to learn how to really fly above the clouds and even the stars, like the Yggdrasil does. That's why I'm here, not to make any trouble -- honest to Nimiss!"

Giving her a little handshake from the recesses of the water, the appareance of Noelani's more in-character optimism was then short-circuited by her host's apparent painful memory she had struck by accident. "I didn't mean to bum you out, Lyshana. I've just got all sorts of questions about... everything, really." Blowing a few bubbles in the water in thought, she added: "I wanted to meet with the big kahuna Toshiro, too. He's not going to be mad at me for sneaking in, right?"

As he was being mentioned, the Yamataian entered the room, looking around.

"...So this is the source of the water usage...another Azorean...so what reason did you sneak aboard the ship for?"

Toshiro seemed to be withholding any judgement until the girl explained herself.

Lyshana's pinion feathers were long, and a touch hard "Those are the pinion feathers, they're used to control my flight path. I have individual muscular control over them." There were soft, downy feathers closer in to the streatched flesh of the wing, when they're touched lyshana giggled "Hehehe... that tickles a bit" It's around this time Toshiro showed up. "Hello Toshiso.... I like this one, can I keep her as a test runner for some projects?" Lyshana said with a grin

Mel smiled at the CO and nodded toward the medical bed. "Please sit up on there ok?" she asked and went to get a few medical supplies to perform the examination and adjusted the fit of the labcoat that draped over her shoulders and between her wings.

Lyshana/Toshiro

Noelani enjoyed poking the feathers testingly, but then seemed a bit creeped out at first how the captain suddenly appeared when his name was spoken. Did he have some cool teleportation gadgets as well? She hadn't been entirely unaware of the squid-like things that were watching her movements alongside Lyshana, either. Definitely a lot of technical mysteries she had to unravel in this spaceship. But first...

The Azorean carefully raised herself out of the tub a bit more now, as the bathwaters rolled off her wetsuit and back into the basin. Up to her midsection was now exposed, as the young woman took a little gulp of the air and directed her tones towards him. "Captain Toshiro, I didn't mean to meet you exactly like this, but..." began the girl, bowing her head. "Sorry for stowing away. But I just had to see your bodacious ship with my own eyes, and go with you to the stars!" Noelani tried to give a pleading expression with her blue face, the brown veins just under the surface. "I may not look it, but I'm also an apprentice to a primo Rill engineer. That might make me useful on a starship crew, right? I've got my own tools and everything hidden in the cargo bay, so I wouldn't be a good-for-nothing hodad."

"It's not like I meant to be a mooch, really..." added Noelani, as she cast a white eye to the bathwater. "..but it looks like I still have a lot to learn about hanging ten in space. If I stayed in that box any longer, I'd have been selling buicks fer sure!"

Toshiro blinked for a moment...he got the jist of it though, in spite of the slang. He sat down in a chair, and sighed...

"...I guess it's okay...if you assist me. You see...your government wishes to limit information on space technology to the people of Azorea, letting it gradually be known so as to not destroy your peoples' society. There is also a risk of a coup if the technology were revealed. However, the need to find a new planet for your people is still paramount.

As such...we're going to be repairing a ship we found adrift and presenting it as a gift to your government. As an Azorean, you know better than I do what systems your people will require...are you willing to help with that?"

Noelani leaned a little bit on the rim of the bathtub, listening to the captain intently. She never really had thought about the points he brought up. It did make a lot of sense that her government would do such a thing. "I see, well i can't blame them for doing that. But among the windsurfing community, rumors and gossip have been flying ever since the Ameriss 9which was named after the famous windsurfing champion by the way, was launched into outer space! Sooner or later there's going to be millions of spawnlings like me wanting to shoot the curls of the star ocean..."

Though she paused mid-sentence when he spoke of a salvaged ship as a gift for her people. Instantly the mermaid-esque woman darted to the edge of the basin, raising up in shock. "Woah... You mean you want me to retrofit a ship for Azorean use? That's totally boss!" There was a glimmer in her fishy eyes, as her blood got pumping and the water refreshed her mind by the minute. "I've built and patented windsails, but to actually repair a spaceship... it's like I wiped out and went to surfer heaven." Noelani then spared a glance at Lyshana with a slight grin and a musical laugh. "Although the angels were a little different than I expected...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…