• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshiro was distracted from the advertisements by the busty winged woman.

"I'm looking for a friendly port...you see, we're at a point where we've gathered enough hardware to overhaul the Yggdrasill. We also need to refit that other Vampire with Yggdrasill's spare parts.

I'm looking for something in UOC or Lorath space. I've had positive dealings with them before..."

Mel nodded to him and smiled. "But what about that frieghter? We've still got that in tow don't we?" she asked. "And I got a shattered view screen and a hatch from a ship but I don't know what to do with them...can you suggest anything?"

"We won't actually get the Freighter until after the Slavers' trial is complete. As for the shattered viewscreen...we can use the casing maybe...I'd have to see it."

Toshiro responded, wondering what it could be used for.

Mel would nod, she hoped her patient would get a lighter sentence or clemency all together. She would probably have to tell the military that, oh she already did. when she filed the health report, she'd made clear mention that he'd confessed to the crime and said he was blackmailed into it. But she partially wanted the frieghter herself but wouldn't be greedy about it. "Alright. well is there anything I could do for you?" she smiled

"Hmm...not at the moment...a-ha! Kakutama Industries! If I remember right, Miyoshi-hakase's mother and granddaughters run that company! It's as good a place as any.

Set a course for the UOC border. We have to talk to theie Harbor Master people to get in, if I remember right."

Toshiro responded.

Mel blinked and chuckled a bit and looked over the consoles. "Uh I'm not too sure how to use this type of technology. My know-how is limited to elysian until I can get the time to study more...." she blushed pink. "I'll be happy to enter the course if I knew how to." she said.

Aendri came over. "I can run through it while you watch, so you can start learning, if you want to." He shrugged. "I know this type of system well enough for that."

Toshiro nodded.

"Yes. The Yggdrasill isn't too hard to control, since it's based on a civilian ship. The DTD and grapplers are more or less automated, though the grapplers have a manual override."

Mel smiled prettily at Aendri and nodded, she'd be content to watch for the time being. "You're so nice." She said happily and stepped back to allow the other to handle the ship's controls. Mel was a physician, not a bridge bunny, but she should know how to pilot a ship at the very least afterall.

"i'm a duplicari...this really is embarrassing. I should know how to pilot a civilian ship at the very least." She blushed and looked at Toshiro. "I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier, I'm an entry level officer. A Duplicari is like...your Juni or warrant officers." she explained.

Toshiro blinked, and seemed to think...

"You know, those with certain ranks and honorable discharge get additional pay for their experience...you just got double your pay and items. 150 KS, translating to 750 AR, and 4 items in future salvage operations."

After cleaning himself up and changing into some fresh clothes he decided to head towards the bridge and see if he can be of any help.

Stepping onto the Yggdrasill's bridge for the first time, Dasanteki took in the view, mentally noting the layout and configuration and positions of the crew.

Approaching Toshiro he bowed and said, "Commodore, can I be of any assistance?".

Mel blinked in surprised at that and smiled. "really?" she asked and tilted her head a bit. "I didn't know that."" she laughed softly. "I'd have made mention sooner..." Mel said and stretched a bit and watched Aendri lay in the course for the UOC territories.

Toshiro looked to Dasenteki, and nodded.

"Dasenteki-san, the remains of those two Mindy Power Armors we hit when they attacked us. Do you think we can hybridize them into a single working Mindy? I know we have enough LAMIA parts to build one of those too...

I may also have the Engineers observe the Yggdrasill's refit once it occurs, so they're aware of the ship's systems...though I plan to have vacation time in there as well."

Thinking to himself for a few moments, mentally reviewing the damage and salvage, he replied, "Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll need to double check to be certain but I think we might even be able to get both Mindy's running. Definately one should be combat ready, the other may be able to be repaired enough to be used as a 'loader'. At least until we can get more parts and components. I'll look into it, good idea on the LAMIA sir, I didn't think about that possibility.

"As to the refit, I would like to observe, even helping out if possible,".

Toshiro nodded.

"That sounds very good. I know we might not be able to use the Mindy at the moment, but the LAMIA can be piloted by computer if needed. And yes, though it'll be so major that it'll need the hiring of a company to manage."

"Excellent. With your permission I'll go and look over the LAMIA parts first and see if I can piece one together before we arrive, then I can look over the MINDY's."

Receiving an affirmative nod, Dasanteki removed himself off the bridge and headed towards the kitchen area to grab a drink before heading over to make a start on building a LAMIA.

The Yggdrasill didn't have a Mess Hall, but it did have a Pantry where many drinks could be gotten...and the lounge also had a water cooler and a coffee machine.

After a long length of time, Suzune came back on the line, sounding slightly embarassed.

We can buy those? ...I don't know much about the market, I guess. Well, we can get that. I'll update you on parts needed for my first project when we install a suite - maybe even on one of the new parts of the fleet? Might be a way to save space on the Yggdrasil herself by putting it on another ship, a dedicated factory ship.

Toshiro responded to Suzune with an idea.

We have a Power Armor Repair System that's been used for NAM Power Armor, but the principle is the same. Maybe we can do something with that?

Dasanteki took a little time locating and sorting out the required parts needed for a rebuild along with the schematics for the LAMIA. He then started in on the actual construction humming to himself happily.

With the help of the internal grapplers for lifting and holding parts in place, Dasanteki was soon ahead on his project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back