• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshiro realized how excited the girl seemed to be...she had the glimmer in her eye that spoke of an Engineer...though whether or not it was her first choice in profession was up in the air.

"It's the same type as this one, though that ship isn't heavily customized like the Yggdrasill. I intend to upgrade the Yggdrasill sometime soon, so the spare parts can be used in the Azorean ship. Since I've refitted that class of ship before, I'll be involved...but I don't know what kinds of things the Azoreans need for their ships, except perhaps lots of water, waterproof electronics, etc...it will be a learning experience for everyone involved.

The best part is that the ship can travel faster than light. 12,000 times faster. With that level of speed, traveling to a water-covered world within a matter of weeks or even DAYS if one is located becomes possible. While it can't carry thousands of settlers, it can ferry small groups back and forth, as well as do the initial scouting with its sensors. It's a massive step upward, though, and must remain a secret for the sake of your government and people...the people wishing to take the technology for their own benefit have already attacked and nearly killed Raytim, and managed to kill several other judges during the First Contact."

"Serious business, alright..." commented she, as it became apparent the gravity of just what was going on. "I'm all about having fun, but I know our planet is getting so overcrowded, and we don't really have much choice other than to find a new home, one way or the other. The Nimiss-class scoutship that my citystate helped invent and launch was supposed to take 40 years just to go to the nearby starsystems with its ion drives... but something like what you can offer would be like comparing a sea snail to a tournament speed-swimmer!"

Her blue tail circulated the salts a little more as she thought deeply. "It probably wouldn't be a big stretch. I mean, I've got the know-how to work engineering or helm on the navy's colony ships if I wanted to. The biggest issue is duplicating the sleep quarters pools and the bio-environmental humidity levels it had. I bet I could even rig up some space hydrogen collectors and fuel cells, along with Rill drones for maintenance tasks..." Then there was a small giggle. "I admit I feel like a kid in a coral candy store just thinking about it, captain Toshiro. Would you really trust me that much?"

Then she blushed ever so slightly, realizing that she didn't properly introduce herself in her haste. "Oh yeah -- I'm Noelani. But you both can call me Noe if you like. All my storm rider groupies do."

Lyshsana looks the Azorian over "Hmmm... Huh, I wonder...." She hands the girl something "Here, drink this. It's an energy beverage, tastes nasty to the Nepleslian palate, no real flavor to my palate... I wonder if It will work for you and how it will taste?" she says getting a small yellow bottle out of a pouch in a bag she was wearing around her waist. "I use this stuff when sleeping is not an option." She has... very innocent looking curiosity, despite the mad gleem in her eyes. "I'm flattered you think of me as an angel, by the way."

Noelani looked at the bottle with an adventurous curiosity and motioned to take it, fiddling with it a few times in her damp hands. "Hah, well considering where I am right now, you sure seem like one. Just what do you call your race anyway? I thought of Areeka, because she's the goddess of the air and wisdom to our people. And you seem like you've got the market cornered on brains and feathers, mmm?"

Noelani finally managed to pull the stopper out and sniff it a few times with her button-like nose. It didn't seem TOO bad, and she said it was energy-related. "Word on the waves is that alien food is bad for our stomachs. Guess it's time to test that theory out for myself..." remarked the surfer girl before she brought it to her thin mouth and had a sip. There was a moment of silence as she just sort of remained still waiting. Then Noe grimaced noticeably and her blue face turned a bit of a sickly green and she got dizzy. "...ugh... it... tastes like I just sucked in a mouthful of brine..." Drooping back a bit in the basin, she handed the bottle back like it suddenly had a skull and crossbones on it.

"Sorry" Lyshana says "Figured it wouldn't be that hard on your sytem... Well, call me what you want" she gives the other girl a hug, wrapping her in her large wings as well as hugging her with her arms "May I take a genetic sample so I can figure out what's good for you?" She grins at the other girl "I'll use it to find out how to feed you. I'd also like to do exploratory surgery so that if anything goes wrong I can fix it."

The discoloration didn't last long, and Noelani tried to remain upbeat even though she was still a bit woozy from the experiment. The hug from a feathery Lyshana was a bit strange with the sensations experienced, but the surfer chick didn't resist the hug, wrapping an arm gingerly around the doctor in a sort of hanging-off pose, as she got her wings a little wet in the process. With Noe's strength returning, the Elysian also noticed her lithe and athletic physique with the strength of the gesture.

"It's cool, I mean I'll try anything once, it's how I roll. Sometimes you glide like a bird... and sometimes you end up with a mouthful of sand. If it helps us understand each other better, then I don't mind a little poke." She laughed a little nervously. "But can you keep your urge to cut me open like a fish down to a minimum? If there's one thing us Azoreans hate, it's sharp objects pointed at us." The reasoning of this fear was quite clear to a medic like Lyshana, as the brown veins that marked Noelani's bloodstream were extremely close to the surface. Though likely an adaptation for efficient heat transfer with the water they dwelt in, it made them extremely easy to puncture as well.

"Right, I'll go easy on the sharp things. But if you're willing to put up with trying anything once, I think we'll be gooood freinds" Lyshana says with a grin, her soft wings snuggled around the other girl. "Very good friends indeed. Most of these people on this ship are not adventurous enough to let the mad biologist run her experiments on them. Not even toshi, really." She grins with a... gleem in her eyes "So, I'll help you ajust, help set up as comfortable of a living area for you as I can, perhaps near my lab. And I take requests"

Toshiro looked puzzled at Lyshana's comments...

"Anyway, I trust you because your enthusiasm seems very real...and you seem to be here for curiosity rather than for an ulterior motive."

The watery guest tried to nod in Toshiro's direction, but it was difficult to see her as Lyshana's wings hid a lot of her upper body from view. "Dude, that's totally the understatement of the cycle! As soon as I get a little more hydrated, I'll be ready to jump outta this soup and shred for all I'm worth. I've got the skills, and you've got the need. It's all good, then?"

"If you take requests, 'shana," voiced Noelani as she was still in the embrace close to the angelic doctor, "The only things I really need right now are a little tub like this to sleep in once inawhile. Without it my wetsuit clothing could dry out and I'll get sick like I was a few moments ago. A humid and slightly warm atmosphere couldn't hurt my health either... but I know that might be uncomfortable for other crewmembers, so don't get too hung up on it." The girl was understandably a little worried just what the Elysian expected in return, judging by her obsession with the Azorean's xenobiology from just this first meeting. But then again, if Noelani was in her shoes she'd probably do the exact same thing in her excitement, anyway. Best to just let it hang and see what happens.

"That's easy" lyshana said, lowering the hug, then inspecting the other girl's hair closely, running her fingers through it, *Snif* "Interesting smell. Bit like seaweed and fish." She said "But yeah, the room's easy I can get you a small warm humid place with a tub instead of a bed with the salt mix you like. I was wondering more if you wanted something like... ohhh... a pet, or a partly biological flying power Armour. I've got some cyborg designs that I want to work with an engineer on. Or set of strap on wings so we can go flying together. Flying's fun"

"You sure have a lot of rad ideas. I'll admit the flying part sounds tempting." Noelani's lenses twitched over her eyes in a bit of surprise as her algae-like hair was sniffed by Lyshana. The Elysian probably wasn't aware of it in the slightest but in some circles that gesture was considered a prelude to a mating ritual, as this was the source of a pheromone compound excreted in small quantities into the water to attract the opposite sex.

The Azorean girl blushed a little bit at what must've been a simple curiosity on the woman's part, but tried not to show it too much otherwise. No sense making a big deal out of it - it's obvious Lyshana's nose couldn't detect the fragrance's real purpose anyway. Although if it was a cute beach bum from back home, then things might be a lot different.

Noelani elected to crack a joke to avoid the weird situation. "Well, at least the only thing fishy about me is my smell, not my motives for being here."

((Wow, this ran away from me entirely. I cannot keep up with this, especially starting back up on work/school. So, uh, something at least.))

The mysterious affairs in one of the side rooms seemed to occupy the attention of most of the crew, so Suzune took that as an opportunity to sneak out and do things of her own, namely poke around unclaimed quarters and examine the cargo bay (at least, as safely as she could - they might be still salvaging), among other things. She wanted to get used to this ship if she were going to spend much time onboard...

Bidding a brief adieu to Suzune as she chose to explore the ship, in her own way, Tsura entered the bridge. After all, it seemed the best place to wait in order to speak with the relevant officers and important people on the ship. Perhaps in an act of overcompensation, Tsura had developed a heightened sensitivity to hierarchy in dealing with foreigners, doing her best to observe the rather strange ways in which people seemed to rank and order themselves in other cultures.

Besides meeting with the ship's staff, she had another good reason to spend some time on the bridge. After the offer of making use of the Yggdrasil's equipment to reconnect with the polysentience, Tsura was quite eager to have a connection that was stable and clear. Even if she had learned to make due and appreciate contact when able, the prospect of a more regular stream was one that brought light to a heart that often settled for half-dim.

Lyshana shruged. "I started out as a stowaway as well, though not on this ship. Starting to feel better?" She asked. "Hmmm... What are your dietary requirements? Is your race naturally telepathic? What illnesses are you prone to? As a medic, answers to these questions are important. I need to know how your body works... even the embarrassing and taboo details... so I can know when something goes wrong with it."

The Freespacer would find that the ship had a standard suite of Light-speed and FTL communication systems, and also a custom protocol only used among this fleet. The grapplers posessed pulsers which had the ability to make gravitational pulses of energy, and this had been used to make a communications system with variable strength, broadcast diameter, and frequency. And since the grapplers could move, they could be aimed in any direction desired.

YEPCS was the name of the protocol, and only the ships Yggdrasill, Leviathan, and Alucard had it installed. And since it was based on gravity pulses, it seemed capable of the speed of gravity (trans-light speed). It had not been designed to surpass light speed though.

The watery hitchhiker nodded and grinned, and made a motion to rise from the waters at last to her full height of 5 feet and change. The liquid rolled off Noelani's sporty patterned blue and black full body wetsuit, much like the one someone would wear to go scuba diving in, as a set of two bare feet with webbed toes stepped onto the tiled floor and left a little puddle behind. Dripping water, the young woman gave a biiiig stretch to flex her slim and well-defined physique, which had gotten very cramped and weaker from no athletic-type activities for quite awhile. A few meshed slits in the damp suit's surface near her ribs seemed to lead into a set of gills that breathe air as well as water, and her tail poked out from a convenient hole in the rear of her tight outfit.

"It's no glassy sleeping pool, but that little bath perked me right up. Thanks for the break." chimed in Noelani, as she then leaned on the bathtub from a standing position, looking back at her curious biologist friend. "So you want the skinny on how I work, huh? It's a little odd to think of myself as a show-and-tell project, though. I've always been around people that are like me after all, so I didn't give it much thought before!" As she adopted a pensive look, her finned tail seemed to long a bit for the water and dipped it's end back in, making small twirls and ripples. "I really dig sea kelp -- It's healthy and nutritious and has a lot of vitamins. But our diet can encompass a lot of other things, too, that you'd expect to find in the surf like fish, seaweed, clams -- stuff like that." She shrugged. "I don't really get sick a lot because I stay in shape... Ok, well this time was an exception, because getting dehydrated is majorly bad mojo for any Azorean! But living in the water protects us from all sorts of those nasty viruses and diseases, too. Though, I never did think about what kind of gnarly bugs might be crawling around outside of my planet..."

As for her other questions, the windsurfer's vocal tones shifted to a little puzzled. "Telepathy? Um.. I'm totally drawing a blank. What is that exactly? A type of sound wave? That's really how we communicate through the oceans, sky, and even space."

Agrael Abdiel finally came to a decision. The Elysian Patrician gave both of her newborn babies a thorough feeding before leaving them with 'Auntie' Mel. True, it made her a lot smaller then she had wanted to try and flatter the commander of the Yggdrassil, but it'd have to do for now. After a swift "Be good for Auntie Mel, now", the former commander left her infant twins in the very capable hands of the.. very well-endowed medic.

Agrael, with the help of the ship's AI, was able to find Toshiro within five minutes of leaving one of the medical areas. "Ah, finally!" she puffed as the Elysian walked up to him. "I was looking for you, Toshi-dear! We have to talk. Her tone made it sound like she was a little mad about something, but the smile on her face hopefully said that she was only kidding around. She waved silently both to get him away from the group and as a hello to the same group.

Ahh, new faces, it seems, she said to herself as the odor of fish came to her nose. Smells like someone is having some calamari... The Elysian then waited for Toshiro to respond to her.

Toshiro looked to the Elysian-turned-mother, and was surprised to see her having recovered so fast. He looked puzzled at the 'dear', though.

"Alright...what do you want to talk about? Do you or your children need something?"

Mel would be interrupted from her examination of the neko and blinked at the little babies and instantly switched to "mommy" mode. "Awww." she cooed and dangled her slender, delicate fingers over them to let the fratneral twins play with. After a few moments, she would burp the little cherubs; the little babies yawning cutely before she would put them into a bassinet she had stowed in the med bay, attached to the floor by gravitic plates. She turned to the neko and gestured for her to come over to check the little one's out. "Just be quiet, they just fell asleep."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…