• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agrael smiled politely as she replied, "Oh, no! Everything is fine! I just..." A thick blush formed on her face when she hesitated as if about to make an embarrassing scene in front of all of these people.

Agrael ahemed, "No, no... I just... I'M BORED!" She almost shrieked the last part. "Sorry... I just... need something to do. I'm get really bored when the twins are sleeping, so I was hoping that you could perhaps find me a position..?" A hopeful look appeared in her face as she bit her lip in a schoolgirl-like fashion.

Toshiro was wide-eyed in surprise, but regained his composure. He wouldn't know from the look that this woman was twice his age.

"I guess that could work, as long as we found something you could put off the moment they awoke...what are you skilled at doing on a ship?"

She definitely wasn't acting her age, that's for sure! However, Toshiro's next question made her stop to think. After a moment of pause, Agrael finally answered, "Well... I have been in command of a ship before... but that might be too hard to get out of when the twins get up.. However..."

Her blush returned before the Elysian said this next part, "Before that... I.. uh.... well... 'entertained', so to speak..." She gulped down a lump in her throat as her past finally caught up to her. In all essence, she didn't really have much skill at anything other then command and.. the other thing...

"Entertainment? Well...I guess that'd be alright! Though we don't exactly have a stage or anything...maybe we could use the lounge for your acts..."

...Her meaning went RIGHT over the young Captain's head.

Agrael bit her lip again. "My... 'acting' is a bit more... ahem... excuse me... It is a bit more 'private' then that, I suppose." It was hard to fully explain what she meant to the naive captain without the others so close by hearing... especially that blue one. That creature seemed the most out-of-place here for some reason.

Noelani was still getting her shore legs and speaking to Lyshana when she noticed the other Elysian woman arrive and give her a curious glance. "Sure are a lot of Areeka's children here," murmured the Azorean to herself, wondering if she should interrupt or if it was best to leave Toshiro and the winged crewmember to what was obviously a more private conversation. At the distance they were chatting it was hard for the watery alien's ears to hear it clearly, anyway...

Though she did pick up the vague mention of entertainment, which got Noelani thinking how she was going to have to try to keep her maddening desire to surf in check while cooped up on the Yggdrasil? Guess she would have to find other ways to keep herself busy and get some exercise! This was a salvage ship, however... maybe they had some spare parts laying around she could fiddle with to pass the time and show Toshiro she was telling the truth about having some skill? Her toolbag and drab work suit should still be in that cargo bay container where she hid her belongings and ready to go.

Still, it was best to wait to ask him for permission before Noelani went off tinkering all willy-nilly with his possibly quite valuable junk hauls. So she resigned herself to waiting to see when he'd be done chatting -- not like she was going to dry out anytime soon thanks to Lyshana's bath mix. Though it was obvious she also wanted to jump into whatever they were discussing before long, as patience was not exactly one of the impulsive mermaid's strongest virtues.

"One moment..." Lyshana said. Her shortness, and... odd size and coloration meant that the other Elysian might not realize she was Elysian at first. She marches over to the other Elysian "Ah so you were a high class courtesan" she says, calmly. There was, however, enough ice and venom in her voice to be obvious. There was also enough volume that the rest of the room heard. "You have to say these things plainly, or Toshiro will not understand them. Certainly that can be useful for negotiating deals and trade agreements." What she likely doesn't know is that the hostile reaction of Lyshana was caused by the fact that she was a patrician, and not because she was a prostitute.

It felt like an ice dagger had struck Agrael in the back. She turned to the other.. Elysian? "Uh... and you are?" the 'old woman' asked with a questioning eyebrow-raise. "For your information... it wasn't official... by any means..." A think blush was over her face by this point, which was highlighted against her chalk skin and platinum blonde hair. Her full, similarly colored wings arched a bit in a flustered manner as well.

"My name's Lyshana" Lyshana says "And I could care less what you DID. I simply wish to make it clear: I'm half Pleb, but I am no servant or slave." She says firmly "And you purebred patricians are on the genetic and cultural path to inevitable, and eventual extinction and are too blind and foolish to see it." Lyshana's abnormaly large wings, clearly died in complex patterns, were in an aggressive position, like a swooping kestrel.

"That's enough." Toshiro said, getting in between the two.

"Lyshana...I don't know what you suffered in the past, or what Agreal is talking about, but unless this specific person is responsible, please don't go picking fights.

This is a culturally tolerant ship, and I ask all people to leave their attitudes about other races at the door. Besides? This woman just gave birth to twins! The last thing she needs is this...as a doctor you know that, right?"

He wasn't being harsh about it, nor did he sound angry, but he did sound firm.

Agrael blinked a few times before eventually turning away and holding the end of one of her wings, stroking it casually. It seemed to calm her somewhat. The Elysianlooked like she was about to cry when words came to her mouth, "I... Why do you think that I'm here? I wanted my children to have someplace to call home... Someplace that wouldn't judge them because they were Elysian or Patrician or..." Tears had already started to stream down her face as she looked at Toshiro this time. "Thank you.." she said with a slight smile.

Lyshana sighs "Sorry. Just have a lot of aggression." she says giving the woman an awkward hug "As a doctor I'm supposed to do no harm. I don't always follow that mantra though... and, Toshiro, I told you she's a courtesan. A high class woman who has sex for favors or money. As opposed to a prostitute or a whore which is what a lower class woman is called. There is nothing wrong with that job, and many diplomats are also courtesans. It's a tool like any other. Anyway, if you accept that the... mantra of similarity that exists on Elysia is not a good thing, which any halfway competent biologist can tell you is true, then I have no quarrel with you"

"...Ehh?" Toshiro blinked, confused.

"I thought that was a slur or something, based on race! I guess that makes sense, describing what she was talking about..."

A blush came to his face.

"Ah well. As long as courtesan doesn't mean something like 'murderer', 'rapist', or 'abuser of animals'; it doesn't really matter, I suppose. After all. A hefty chunk of my home planet is supposed to be like that anyway. Even my kid sister..."

He gave a sigh.

She sighs, "No offense but that's more evidence that you Yamatagans are also blind to your coming, genetically and cultural inevitable extinction, but I care a great deal less. When everyone's the same, you cannot adapt when the environment changes." She continues to cuddle the other woman, trying to calm her down.

While in her short, embarrassing hug with Lyshana, Agrael squeezes Lyshana, "Well, I took on men... sometimes women if they had the power.." she winked at Lyshana with an extra squeeze, "but I had limits, and I don't think that's the kind of entertainment that Toshi-dear wants around... unless in his private collection."

Afterwards, Agrael decided Toshiro needed a hug next. "Poor dear.." was whispered as she squished up against him in the embrace. "If there is anything that I can do to help, just let me know, m'kay?" A smile tinted over her lips. "Now, about that job..."

Toshiro's face was red...he WAS going to say that there were only 2 men aboard, but since she said that she was willing to be with women...

"Well, you can do...as you like. However you believe you can....help the crew out. I don't know a lot, but I DO know Yamataian ships sometimes do things that way, so it must work on some level..."

He seemed unsure of how to respond to the offer specificly for him, though.

"As a doctor I know stress relief is a good thing. Do you know massage? Good, you're my assistant to relax patients prior to me working on them. I know I make people nervous, and some people don't want me to work on them. This is probably due to my enjoyment of performing exploratory surgery to find out how a patient ticks." she says, letting her trusty scalpel shine from her bag.

"Hm..." Agrael ponders this notion. "I think that I could do that!" She smiles brightly while jumping up and done slightly, some things bobbing up and down as she does so. "When do I start?" the near-giddy Elysian asked quickly. High-class massages from an Elysian courtesan would probably be in high demand from this crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…