• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's gonna try to enslve me..." Lyshana says "I'm a Pleb, even though I'm part Patrician... my kind are SUPPOSED to be slaves to hers. For all I know they put genetic defects in the plebs to FORCE them to obey, in which case there's likely a high chance I got them from my mother." Lyshana says "I do not want to be a slave. I would rather DIE" She tells this all to the computer...

"The Yggdrasill Salvage Fleet does not support slavery or concepts of racial or religious supremisism. You would not be permitted to become a slave."

The Yggdrasill replied.

"Even Serenity, who knows nothing but BEING a slave, is protected from such a status. It is a core condition of being on this vessel or any other under Father's command."

"I... Alright... but..." Lyshana seemed very nervous "Tell her not to order me around or anything... I... would rather not risk my freedom..."
Lyshana started heading back to the bathroom, though she jumped at every sound

Lyshana entered the bathroom, and started attaching the equipment. it takes her some work, but she slowly regained bravery as she worked. Mel might have noticed her odd nature as she worked...

Mel would continue her engagement, soaping up and washing off her body, the water gleaming on her soft skin. Her hair was dripping wet and her body feeling good as the other girl came back in. "Hmm?" Mel blinked and peeked the curtain open and sank down some to hide her body shyly. "Hello." she said and offered the girl a little smile, the smell wafting out of the concealed area and over to her.

"meep.." Lyshana squeaks, though she keeps working, clearly a bit shy and nervous. She was very short, though her wings were massive, and absolutely gorgeous. "Ummm... er... hi?" She said, still working "Ygg, try collecting data, I have the first tendril installed..." She says, as she starts to work on the walls now that she had finished with the cealing

Yggdrasill connected as it was instructed earlier, and seemed to be puzzled for a moment...

"...I smell colors..."

"ummm... that can't be right..." Lyshana says, startled "I can't tear it apart, it's a biological system... Ygg, rewire your information to and from the mother unit" She says, scritching the mother unit's head. "132 to 651, 934 to 236, 877 to 879..." When she was done, YGG still has MILD synastesia, but most things would be wired correctly "That's the best I can do without physically rewiring... Now, try moving the mother unit around." She said, still patting the large brain in a bag that was the mother unit. It was cybered to some anti-grav and thruster systems. Ygg probably enjoyed the scratching.

Yggdrasill did so, and the brain-in-a-bag began to float around the room...

"Tactile data accepted...it feels nice. Also, mobility is green."

Working with the AI relaxed her. "Um... mobility is green... Damn something is still wrong" She sighs "Ug... You know how to fix this?" She asks the other Elysian (Mel) "'cause I'm not used to having to connect sensory systems of different creatures like this..." She continues to scratch the mother-unit, absently

Dasanteki was idly wondering where the crew were, probably busy he thought while making himself a hot drink. Just then the doors opened, he turned around and almost dropped his cup. Standing in the room, facing away from him, as she was talking to the Ygg AI was an Elysian. She seemed to be a little distressed. 'Teki used this opportunity to study her, since it was his first time in seeing an Elysian in the flesh as it were. She was short and thin, with cropped black hair. He couldn't see her face properly but that didn't really matter at the moment as his eyes were drawn to her wings. They were magnificent, he was itching to touch them and see if they were as soft as he thought. Suddenly she darted back out of the room, not seeing him in the corner. Thinking if the ship had any more surprises, he re-filled his cup and left the lounge to go explore the ship.

Yggdrasill then spoke to Dasanteki...

"This is the Yggdrasill AI. All hands with duties are to report to their stations as ordered by Father. I recommend that you go to my father on the bridge and speak with him about what task you are to perform, and your station in this salvage operation."

"...Incorrect phrasing. I was refering to mobility being acceptable. The 'all green' is slang for 'fully functional', likely made popular by a status indicator panel representing functional systems by green LEDs, error states in yellow, and critical/non-functional in red."

Yggdrasill explained.

"Understood thanks. I'll head there now. By the way, how would you like to be addressed?" replied Dasanteki. Instead of waiting, he knew the AI could reply to him wherever he was onboard, so he took a left and headed to the bridge.

Arriving at the bridge, he waited until Toshiro noticed him, before making his way over.

Dasenteki MIGHT notice the bloaters in the hall that Lyshana had released. They certainly were not standard for a star ship. They floated, and glowed dim colors. Red. White. Blue. Green. Yellow. Purple. Brown. They looked a bit like a cross between a Jellyfish, a firefly, and a balloon. A purple one floats over to him curiously, then starts to follow him around.

"I am addressed as Yggdrasill."

Toshiro glanced over when he entered the bridge.

"Ah, Hello. You have Engineering experience, correct? Are you only an Engineer in certain technologies, or do you have a well-rounded knowledge?"

Seeing something out of the corner of his eye, 'Teki stopped just before the bridge and turned around. A little distance down the corridor, he saw what could only be described as a purple blob. Wondering what it was, he raised his hand towards it, then thought the AI should know what it was. Deciding to ask the AI and unsure how to address it, he just said "Computer, do you know what that purple blob is in my vicinity?".

Toshiro said:
"Ah, Hello. You have Engineering experience, correct? Are you only an Engineer in certain technologies, or do you have a well-rounded knowledge?"

"I do have some engineering experience. Primarily with engines and drives, though I have some working knowledge of starships in general, mostly over the last year. During my time in the StarArmy I was mainly stationed on stations or planet-side," Dasanteki replied while thinking about some of the 'repairs' he had to do over the last year...hammer and duct tape work wonders.

"As stated, I am called Yggdrasill, not Computer."

The AI seemed to dislike being called that, for some reason.

"Also, that is a very recent upgrade. A biological system has been grafted to my systems, and that is a human interface module...please do not hurt it. It is alive, with high intelligence."

The creature began to pulse the glow from its 'body', and Dasenteki may recognize the pulses as Morse Code.

"....You...are?"

"Hmm...well, we may need you in the cargo bay to assist us in identifying and sorting the salvaged components, cleaning them up, etc. In addition to standard Engineering duties. Since you certainly have medical training, that's a plus...Do you find that acceptable?

Also, we have several Power Armor available, including a Kylie, some Demons, and various models of the NAM series for Nepleslia's military. If you can pilot any of those, then we might have you sortie now and again, if you're up to it."

"I apologise Yggdrasill, I will remember," replied 'Teki.

"I am Dasanteki. Do you have any particular way of being addressed?"

"Yes, that's quite acceptable," 'Teki replied with a smile, "as to power armors, I can do general maintenance and know the basics of piloting but have never really been trained. The ones I'm more familiar with are the Demon M1's and Daisy M6's. If needed I can pilot an armor in a pinch but would need training to do anything more than move around."

Mel continued to soak where she was and heard Lyshana's question. "I'm a physician, not an engineer." she laughed in a lyrical voice. "I'd be as clueless as you are currently with it to be honest." the patrician said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…