Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing Toshiro over the PA system, Dasanteki prepared himself to recieve the incoming salvage.

Impressed with the way the grabbers worked, Dasanteki watched them do their thing. It wasn't too long when he heard Toshiro order him to begin the transport of the recovered salvage. He replied "Understood. Will commence loading of shuttles immediately," with that Dasanteki began the loading of the nearest shuttle.

Mel would get dressed in more terran clothing wearing long white khaki pants with a t-shirt and a specially made white lab coat. She would be in the medical bay at the call to man one's stations during the salvaging operation in case someone got hurt. "Commodore, how's the recovery going?" she'd ask over the comm after a little while.

"We've begun, and so far no medical problems...remain on standby though. Sometimes we find people out here."

He sent, controlling the grapplers.

"How is the transfer to Leviathan going?" He asked the new Engineer.

"Transfer is proceeding well. We will be finished with the final batch shortly, unless there is more to come Commodore?" Dasanteki replied.

"We'll salvage the next load once you and the salvage are aboard Leviathan. In the meantime, I ask you to try to fix what you can, ensure the missiles are properly contained, etc.

I don't expect you to fix the positron cannon, but the workings are on file. It's not the first one we've gotten our hands on out here."

Toshiro replied.

"Understood. Will contact you once aboard Leviathan."

A short while later, Dasanteki landed the shuttle in Leviathan before he opened communications with Yggdrasill, "This is Dasanteki, I am now aboard the Leviathan with the last of the salvage. Best get to sorting and fixing, Dasanteki out". With that out of the way, he got the warheads stowed and safely contained.

He then started to unload and sort through the salvage, making notes on what can be repaired, what can be used for spares etc. He decided to make the positron cannon his project when not working on other things.

"Understood. Proceeding with second run now. Keep me updated on what you repair." Toshiro said, starting.

A yellow light came on in Mel's and Lyshana's monitors, at their stations, and Yggdrasill spoke as the salvage was coming in.

"Dead biomatter detected. Please report to Cargo Bay for proper containment procedures. Please bring mini fridge labeled 'Biomatter Storage and Containment (BSC)."

The first thing to come in was a sizable frozen glob of hemosynthetic blood. Other things which came in needing containment included a bloody Star Army Rank Pin, 2 pairs of bloody shackles, a syringe with an unknown solution inside, a bloody Mishhu tentacle, a vibrating egg, frozen food from a ship's galley...and lastly, a dead NH-17. Mel and Lyshana had work to do.

Upon entry of the dead neko, an orange light came on replacing the yellow one.

"Deceased recovered. Scans of genome not possible, as markings indicate an NH-17 model. Instructions: Move deceased to one of medical areas and drop temperature in lab to preset morgue defaults. Initiate contamination procedures to prepare for delivery of corpse to proper authorities."

The ship was bringing in some very good things too, of course...there was a brainwave helmet, an oven, some unopened software fot a PRISM system, armor for a Super Demon Power Armor, a ship-sized Aether Generator, an entire ship's armory (towed to the Leviathan like the bridge before), another SMX flash grenade, a PSC device.

Of course, the most impressive finds were two ships in close proximity..a Vampire-class like the Yggdrasill was pre modification, and a Type 26 Irim Heavy Gunship.

"...Whoa...people, we just made some interesting finds...We've found a Vampire adrift out here, as well as an Irim Heavy Gunship. I'll contact Pisces Station. Mel, Lyshana, please get those biological components under control and prepare to hand them over to the Star Army, since these are remnants of their soldiers..."

Toshiro transmitted to his crew.

Code:
List:

Frozen Hemosynthetic Blood Globule (S Albini, TC: 93-32, IC: 3033-1049-114)
Brainwave Helmet (S Albini, TC: 1-77, IC: 134-2521-78)
Oven  (S Albini, TC: 48-51, IC: 2505-1740-94)
PRISM Software (S Albini, TC: 24-76, IC: 1881-2641-98)
Fully or mostly intact small warship, fairly easy to repair  (S Albini, TC: 79-98, IC: 7799-3487-168)		VAMPIRE

Shattered viewscreen  (S Albini, TC: 50-25, IC: 1307-957-70)
Syringe (traces of toxin/drug.  Handle carefully!) (S Albini, TC: 96-37, IC: 3609-1426-122)
Survival kit  (S Albini, TC: 47-23, IC: 1138-931-65)
Hydrogen Canister (S Albini, TC: 8-71, IC: 625-2826-79)
Starship controls from pilot station  (S Albini, TC: 47-39, IC: 1890-1617-81)

Frozen food from a ship's galley (S Albini, TC: 27-39, IC: 1110-1656-63)
Vibrating Egg (S Albini, TC: 19-33, IC: 665-1443-50)
Neutronium(from Super Demon Power Armor) (S Albini, TC: 25-88, IC: 2257-3841-110)
Intact aether generator, ship size  (S Albini, TC: 48-91, IC: 4425-4061-134)
Emrys Industries Pheromone (S Albini, TC: 19-35, IC: 722-1632-52)

Anti-Insect (Area) (S Albini, TC: 4-41, IC: 221-1943-45)
Dead Nekovalkyrja, frozen, making a sad face (crying).  (S Albini, TC: 42-28, IC: 1191-1373-65)
Ship's armory (S Albini, TC: 84-96, IC: 8121-4665-170)
Severed tentacle (S Albini, TC: 91-6, IC: 512-351-87)
Fully or mostly intact small warship, fairly easy to repair  (S Albini, TC: 93-98, IC: 9171-4957-180)

Diamond Composite Armor chunk, intact (S Albini, TC: 78-58, IC: 4581-3015-127)
SMX Flash Warhead (S Albini, TC: 71-83, IC: 5950-4373-146)
Psionic control device  (S Albini, TC: 43-50, IC: 2207-2707-88)
Blood Stained Shackles (S Albini, TC: 87-10, IC: 840-597-87)
Blood Stained Shackles (S Albini, TC: 70-10, IC: 687-607-72)

Bloody Star Army Rank Pin (S Albini, TC: 89-19, IC: 1659-1121-98)
E-Knuckle Duster Large Battery (S Albini, TC: 29-68, IC: 2000-3933-94)
Large Hydrogen Cell (S Albini, TC: 5-54, IC: 327-3189-59)
E-Knuckle Duster Large Battery (S Albini, TC: 14-67, IC: 995-4010-80)
Fully intact Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol or equivalent  (S Albini, TC: 53-60, IC: 3237-3657-107)

Mel responded to Toshiro that she'd be there soon and took the biological matter to the medical bay and properly contained it within the fridge. "This poor girl.." she said and looked at the neko, feeling sorry for her for dying out in space. "I wonder how lonely it was...and how frightening." She said and sighed, using some of the procuring bloodsample to run it through the medical database to try and put a name to the crying face.

"We have the biological matter put away safely Commodore, is there anything else?" She asked.

"The Star Army will be coming to claim the materials, in two Ayame. It's too bad that girl had to suffer, but...at least we're finally sending her home...

Think of it as a responsibility of a salvager. We make our living off of the battlefields; and in exchange we have to respect and return the dead and assist the living we find. Never forget that, because Yggdrasill and her ships operate under that mentality."

Toshiro said, waiting for the Ayame to arrive...

"I understand, I'm trying to give her a name to the face now. She doesn't deserve to go unknown, even in death: nobody does." Mel said in response to Toshy. "her name is Hinori Sakura, a warrant officer." Mel said. "Poor girl."

"Commodore, Dasanteki here. I've almost finished with the first lot of salvage. The warheads have been stored. I am hoping to get the positron cannon into some kind of working order soon but am unable to give a time frame," looking at his datapad pad Dasanteki continued "I have sent a list over with the results. Do you wish me to start transferring the second batch of salvage over to the Leviathan?"

Code:
ITEMS CLEANED/REPAIRED:
Large viewscreen, some scratches but mostly okay - working but pixellated problem in top right corner
Type 28 NSP, missing power cell, stained with blood - stripped and cleaned but untested
Mini Fridge - cleaned/checked and working
Ship's bridge - not tested but appears okay
Electronic Alarm Clock (repairable) - repaired but colour is pink
Optical sensor from MINDY 1H power armor, intact - tested and appears to work
Someone's desktop sculpture (eagle perched on tree)
Silver dining utensil (knife)
Graviton beam projector  x2
Hydrogen Cell - fully charged
Em-01 Hydrogen Car - scratched but working

ITEMS UNDER REPAIR:
Light Subspace-Encased Positron Tunneling Cannon (repairable)

ARMOUR ITEMS:
Neutronium bulkhead - slightly warped
Huge Yamataium armor chunk - appears fine
Complete Zanarium plate - scratched but fine
Diamond Composite Armor chunk, some holes

"Understood. Be ready to transfer Hinori-Juni to the custody of the vessels en route, Mel.

As for the salvage, yes. Yggdrassil will dock so that it's easier for you...and so the internal cargo system can manage the transfer. I'm sorry I didn't do it last time, but I wanted to see how you managed. Expect little tests from time to time...also, Kudos on the formatting of your report."

Toshiro said, smiling.

"If necessary, I can take a look at the positron device later. I've fixed up a couple in my time."

"Thank you for the vote of confidence Commodore. I will endeavour to keep up," replied Dasanteki with a grin, "as to the positron cannon, any help would be gratefully recieved. Will await the docking of the Yggdrasill."

The Yggdrasill was then hailed by the two Ayame...

"We are the Star Army vessels dispatched to pick up the Irim, as well as the remains of the Neko, and any other restricted technologies."

Toshiro then issued related orders.

"Dasanteki-san, please send a report of the Leviathan's current manifest to the Star Army ships. Mel, please prepare the biological items for transport."

After recieving Toshiro's order, Dasanteki finalised the list and sent it to the lead Ayame, "Manifest sent and confirmation recieved Commodore." replied Dasanteki.

Lyshana worked on containing what had came in... her wings pinioned uncomfortably against her body by the bio-protection suit. Suddenly she grinned. "Ygg. Com to Toshiro. Permission to perform experiments on tentacle, and on Hemosynthetic blood? I've never gotten to play with this stuff before.... Also for the blood, I'm going to run some tests, and see what it REALLY is. I've never cut open a Nekovalkyrja before, and don't know how they work, but I suppose we can't keep the body." She sighs at that. "As for the Syringe? I could attempt to identify the material and synthesize an antidote, if necessary.... look here's a list"
Code:
Requested Permissions:

Frozen Hemosynthetic Blood Globule (S Albini, TC: 93-32, IC: 3033-1049-114). Experimentation to be performed: Toxicity tests, microscopic viewing, DNA harvesting for later constructs and cloning.
Syringe (traces of toxin/drug.  Handle carefully!) (S Albini, TC: 96-37, IC: 3609-1426-122) Attempt to figure out WHAT toxin/drug it is
Severed tentacle (S Albini, TC: 91-6, IC: 512-351-87)) Biological structure experimentation to figure out efficient ways of killing/knocking out/maintaining lifespans in creature it came from. Also DNA harvesting for use in later constructs.

Lyshana got back to her work, enthusiastically bagging and decontaminating. It was, honestly, a little creepy...

After a little bit, she says to Mel "Don't feel bad for the dead. They've gone where no pain can reach them. Anyway, I'm told Nekos keep records of their brain scans or something to prevent death." She said, calmly. The very FACT that she's mentioned the dead body, though, implies she was... a little effected by it, at least.

"Lyshana, the Star Army will want all Neko Biomatter, including the body and blood. Tinker with the tentacle as you wish...but I do NOT want the syringe's contents to kill the ship's crew if it's especially virulent."

Toshiro responded.

Mel looked at Lyshana and blinked a bit before sighing. "Perhaps so but I can't help but feel sad, she looked so scared and lonely. Nobody deserves to die like that." She said and replied to Toshiro. "I have everything ready for them to pick it up."

Just then, the two Ayame arrived and one requested clearance to dock to each ship. Toshiro consented, and on each ship, someone arrived to claim the components.

On the Leviathan, a lone officer stepped aboard the ship.

"I'm Nagame-Chui. I understand you have-wow."

She said, seeing the bridges and armory

"...Okay, please get together your restricted technology for transfer to my vessel."

On the Yggdrasill, a CO arrived in the medbay, wearing a dress uniform, of all things...

"I am Shosa Jun Aida...I have come to claim the restricted technology and the body of my fallen sister in war."

Mel blinked, seeing the shosa entering into her medical bay and bowed to her deeply, her breasts bouncing noticeably when she straightened. "Yes, we have her preserved for whatever rites you plan to give her." She said and smiled at her and retrieved the body of the neko along with all the other restricted tech they had in storage. "Here she is." She said to teh Shosa. "Will that be all Shosa?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back