Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, my ships will remain here, for the remainer of your run, to observe..."

The Shosa said.

"As such, I'll likely stay and supervise, if permitted."

She said, as two soldiers wheeled the body and parts out, a cloth over them.

Rising from a bow, smiling, Dasanteki answered Nagame-chui "It still impresses me. I have already grouped the items to be transferred. On your say-so we can get these transferred over Nagame-chui," bowing again.

"Arigatou Gozaimasu." Nagame-Chui said, bowing.

"Load up that pile!" She yelled out to some Star Army personnel, who drove into the cargo bay using military vehicles.

Mel nodded to her and smiled pleasantly for an Elysian. "Well it's not my ship Shosa-san. You'd have to speak to the commodore about that. I'm just a passenger/physician." she smiled at her and looked at her. "While you're head, would you like a complimentary examination? Just to make sure you're ok?"

The Shosa thought for a moment before nodding...

"Sure! I think I'll take you up on that."

She had a seat on the medical bed...

"I HAVE been having a bit of trouble sleeping..."

Mel nodded to her and took a basic diagnostic tool and began to use it to examine the Shosa and smiled. "It's always a pleasure to help people, it helps me learn more about races past my own." she said as she did and looked. "problems sleeping? Have you been experiencing nightmares or something of the like?" she asked and checked her for physiological problems to explain it. Her breasts brushing the shosa's shoulder as she did.

After dropping off the remainder, the Yggdrasill went to pick up more items...

A vibrating egg, more frozen blood, more bloody shackles, a pair of missile launcher, 2 sets of Mishhu toxins (including some Kaserine), an aether torpedo, Lamia Legs, pieces of interlocking Zesuaium, some Scalar Array components...and a Star Army Backup Device!

Of course, the good sometimes came with the bad, as a pair of pirates in salvaged Power Armor charged the Yggdrasill. They sent a transmission to prepare to be boarded, not noticing the two Ayame in the area...

"Two inbounds! ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS! ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS!"

Toshiro said:
"Two inbounds! ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS! ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS!"

Hearing Toshiro's order, Dasanteki quickly readied the Pulse Cannons unsure if that is what the Commodore wanted but decided better safe than sorry. Opening communications to Toshiro, Dasanteki spoke "Commodore, I have readied the pulse cannons and awaiting orders.".

"Take aim...here's hoping they have Aether generators! FIRE!"

Two Power Armors swooped in, covered by some sort of cloak to avoid visual recognition. The still did not see the Star Army ships, which were also getting a lock.

Dasanteki heard Toshiro's order to fire, quickly re-checking the targets and status of the weapons he responded, "Firing now!".

The shots grazed one PA, slowing it down, but not stopping it. The pair continued to approach, drawing their weapons...

"FIRE AT WILL! Deploy Point Defenses!" Toshiro commanded, as he personally took control of the grapplers, to make it harder for the enemy to approach.

Dasanteki continued to fire at the approaching PAs, putting the Leviathan through some basic evasive manouvers. Deciding to try something out, he took over one of the guns to see if he could second guess one of the PA's while leaving the others under AI control.

While trying to get a bead on one of the PA's, Dasanteki was thinking to himself where the hell are the Ayame's??.

Aendri scrambled around a bit, being nowhere near the bridge. Finding a com, he sent a quick mesage to the bridge, notifying Toshiro that he was going to secure himself rather than chance injury making his way to the bridge. He then waited for a response before finding a more secure.

"Understood, Aendri! Hang on!"

Suddenly, the Ayame both fired shots at the Power Armor, easily destroying them...

"...Or not...uh...step down from Combat Status to Alert Status."

"Mel, what is the condition of the ST Device? Is it intact?" He asked the Elysian Doctor...they originally made medical ST Tech after all.

Mel was busy working on running checks on the ST device to ensure it was functioning properly. They'd changed some things about it to adapt it to the foreign genetics and data but it was the same thing overall. She found some bugs in teh system that was corrupting some of the data in the module but she could fix it with some time.

"There's a few bugs in the system but it isn't something I can't fix given some time." She replied to Toshiro.

"Negative. Leave that to the Star Army." Toshiro quickly sent back.

"He's right. If you tamper, it will self destruct and destroy the data." The Star Army CO explained to Mel.

Mel's hand stopped at what the CO said. She didn't want to self-destruct it and lose all that data for those poor people. "Sorry. I'm just intrigued by the differences in the medical data storage compared to the elysian method of doing it." She said to the woman with a rub of the back of her head. "Because most of what we use is organic, it's a little harder."

"It's okay." The Star Army CO said with a smile.

"This was designed so that the ST data of our people could not be read or manipulated by our enemies. Such things are too dangerous to leave unprotected...leave it to us, alright?"

The Yggdrasill's grapplers carried in the remains of the pair of Power Armor which had attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back