Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: ZHS [Pilot Episode] School Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenjinkaze Fighting High School

William looked to Kunio. "My story is not that special." he said beginning. "I grew up in the local orphanage. Never knew my parents." He said moving and sitting on his bed. "I learned Kendo and the Twin Dragon Style through books and the like. I'm entirely self taught. I somehow caught the eye of Mam- I mean Sensei Rei Sama and she came to the orphanage a few days ago. She adopted me and enrolled me in school here." He said finishing.

William looked up at the Minkan. "What is your story?" He asked

Kunio's smile fell for a second, "I am originally Uesureyan Fields. My Father was a Navy Guardsman and my Mother was Public Transportation, I think. Anyway, My father got promoted and was moved to Kyoto shortly after construction. My mother surrendered her job and began volunteering with construction and such. When Kyoto got bombed in the last big war, my mother was killed when I was only 13. It changed my father a lot. He began to change, grew very attached to family values. Then we both transferred to Minkan bodies, Father got SPINE and a few other things. Then he went offworld. I stayed at home and tried to be normal, but he never came home. Star Army says he sent a message for me and then disappeared. Anyway, the service moved me here to continue school here, and work on my fighting styles." He took a small breather, "I plan on going to Kyoto War College and going into the Star Army."

He thought to himself, wondering if he said too much. He covered his emotion with a half-hearted smile, "So basically, my family is gone."

William's face remained blank as he listened to Kunio. As he finished William stood up and offered a sympathetic nod. "As bad as living in an orphanage was, I didn't know my parents. Plus I know have a mother who actually wants me. I can't imagine..." He shook his head before looking back down to Kunio.

"Well anyway, in the orphanage we were taught that you don't have to be blood to be family." He said with his best attempt at a smile, though it looked odd on William's cold face. He only hoped that Kunio knew what he was trying to imply.

Kunio looked up at William, "I like to think he's okay, but usually I don't talk about them, the government counts me as an orphan, but everyone I know back home believes my father to be alive, since he's reported missing, not dead." He drew breath to continue but stopped. He sighed audibly but turned back to a smile.

"I forgot to mention I play rugby as well." He changed the subject, and hid his urge to shed a tear. His father taught him to show people your best, as your best is what they should know you for.

William nodded and was happy to change the subject. "Sensei Rei signed me up for kendo." He said motioning to the pads. "Figures since that is why the school wanted me." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. "So what now?" William asked looking out the window. "Wanna go explore the rest of the school?" He asked looking back to Kunio.

Zoia didn't find it hard to notice the people looking at her. The slight glances in her direction, she was quite the sight. An almost unheard of alien race that had only been around and opened to the public for less than a month or two? She expected it. If someone sees something new that stands out, their eye is drawn to it. What she wasn't expecting were for people to show discomfort around her. It aggravated her a little bit. "How do you think your smooth, flat faces make me feel?" She said aloud in Vekimen, looking around. Everyone seemed busy, and no one seemed interested in talking to her so she figured she would go do something better suited to her time.

Turning on her toes, she started walking towards her Dorm to take a bath. It was one of the few luxuries this school provided that she could properly enjoy. Nice, hot water? What Vekimen could ask for more! It was better than her heating lamp given it covered her whole body, and better yet she could float in it to really relax. Given so far she was alone in the dorm, she didn't think she would be bothered. She did, however, take a swig of the Nanobot fluid to make her hospitable. The last thing she wanted to do was interact with someone to tell them the water might start to rot their flesh. That would just be awkward. It should wear off enough for her to eat later regardless.

Walking through her Dorm, she quietly entered the dorm baths and stripped off the ill-fitting uniform. She didn't get it at all. What was the point? Why could she not make a new sigil for the school and engrave it into her horn? What was the point of making her wear some stupid outfit? She haphazardly tossed the garments to the side, stretching out now that she was finally free of such silly things. Getting the bath ready was a short process as well, the room steaming up quite a bit. After a minute or two, she crawled up to the edge and slipped into the water almost soundlessly. She allowed herself to "Slither" through the water for a few moments, only coming up for air when she had too.

She felt much better now. Inside, in the relative dark, away from all those prying, judging minds. She was here on school related duties, so she didn't have to enjoy the people, and so far she didn't. They made it clear she was uncomfortable to be around. She was fine with that... She didn't need any friends, or anyone to talk too. Sleeping alone would take some getting used to though. Without the Adolescent Dens, she would need her heat lamp to stay warm.

Last edited:
Having said his piece to the Minkan student Tavigo returned to his work overlooking the ceremony. A gap in the crowd drew his attention to the one standing in the center. A creature of a different species from the rest wearing ill fitting clothes and talking in a foreign language.

He got worried when he saw her walking off towards the vacant dorm and decided to follow her. When Tavigo got to the room she entered he heard splashing water and decided to knock on the door before speaking.

"Hello?" He called out, wondering if the alien will respond. "I am Tavigo Ymy, grounds keeper of school, my name mean White Fang. I good person. Listen well to problems" He continued, hoping to elicite a response. "We be friends. Different species, same in school. Different. We stick together, yes?"

Last edited:

Kunio stood up and nodded to his companion, "Absolutely." He walked over to his family sword and reattached it to his waist. "Don't know very much about the school so I'm carrying this so no one 'barrows' it." Kunio walked back to the door with good stride, opening while motioning to his companion to go ahead of him.

After waiting a little bit from opening the door, he added "I know there are a few more dorm buildings, and then the main."

William nodded and attached his own kendo swords to his hip and took the lead. "I am not all that sure of the layout, but we could just wander around and see what we can find." He said as he lead the way out of the dorms and back towards the main building. He looked back to make sure the Minkan was still following him as they walked.

Zoia was enjoying the silence until it... Wasn't quite silent anymore. Someone speaking broken Yamatai decided to knock on the door. The grizzled sound of his voice made her think he was some old man, obviously staff of the school. Not to mention he introduced himself as the grounds keeper. Joy, she had a gardener talking to her while she was taking a bath, but at the same time was he considered Faculty. He wanted to talk to her, so she stood up in the water.

"If you must come talk to me, then you can come in" She stated, her voice cool and clearly unamused. She enjoyed her state of solitude, but faculty were faculty right? "I am... Decent?" She added, this sounding confused. She didn't quite understand the phrase, not being one to wear clothing ever. She wasn't in heat or anything so she didn't actually have to worry about him seeing anything she didn't want him to see.

Sakaki found herself looking at the dormitory and skirted around the edge of it and then was behind it, walking on the paved trail in between the East building and the fence. Suddenly, a cat appeared out from behind the corner of the building. A tabby with matted fur, goop spilling out of its eyes, a crooked tail, protruding bottom teeth, and two torn ears.

Sakaki gasped audibly as it stood stock still, staring at her.

She put her hand out in front of her and bent at the knees, then crouched forward. She took a step toward the cat and then another until she was only a foot from it and wagged her fingers in front of it, beckoning. The same thing that had happened to her before, happened to her, now. The cat opened its mouth wide and, with its over-enlarged teeth, clamped down on Sakaki's fingers. Her other hand lifted up to rub in between its protruding shoulder blades, getting a few pets in before the cat lifted its mouth off of her, turned, and strolled away from her. She lifted up and held her lightly bleeding hand close to her chest as she watched it leave.

Kunio led his companion out towards the center of the facility's garden, near where the ceremony was. He looked around trying to decide where to go. He turned around with a smile, "Why not go to the opposite side! Let's go check out the East Dorm." He beckoned his friend to follow, he thought going to the other dorm could help them meet new people. He began to back step towards the East Dorm, waiting to turn when he saw his new friend begin to follow if he did.

ZenjinKaze Fighting High School
Tavigo was happy to hear that the creature would talk to him face to face. Though her agitated tone jared him a little. Upon entering the room and seeing her naked in her bath he became ashamed of himself and immediatly looked away. "I sorry did not mean to interupt. Yamatians do not say this is decent. Your species is this way?"

"Back to point I want help you. You new here yes? No experience with Yamatians? I was that way too some years back. My Clan mix of species but no interaction with others. First came Mishhuvurthians evil creatures defile dead. Bring them back. Very hostile, but we fight back. Next come Yamatians. We destroy them too and harvest ship. Later we make friends with Yamatians."

At this point Tavigo's tail and ears were twitching showing his discomfort. "I help you get used to living here. Help make friends. You look troubled when no one want be near you so I want help. I follow you here. Did not know you not want bother. I be first friend to you here?" Tavigo held an open hand up and bared his teeth. "Open hand mean I peaceful. Teethed bared mean I being sincere." Tavigo back up a little so that he wasn't in the room as much and could leave quickly if she ask him to. "What you called?"

William nodded and followed behind Kunio moving towards the east dorms. As they walked however, he heard a cat hiss. Curious he moved to investigate. As he rounded the corner he saw a neko, who's hand was bleeding. He walked up silently and unwrapped the blue cloth from his kendo sword and began wrapping it around her hand. As he wrapped it around her hand, blood stained the blue cloth.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Kunio watched as a cat scampered around the corner of the East Dorm. He walked slowly around the corner and saw a Neko clutching her hand. He went to ask if she was okay, but his companion beat him to it. He instead said something slightly different, "It isn't bad is it, William?" He stood next to his companion as he wrapped her hand, looking concerned. His left hand leaned loosely off his Katana's Scabbard, his right arm limp.

He genuinely felt concerned, even though he was familiar with the regenerative ability both types of bodies, Minkan and Neko, possessed.

Shaken by the feline incident and still bleeding lightly, Sakaki stood up straight before the boy put the cloth around her and held her hand out for him to do so.

"Oh," she said. "Thank you for that. I thought my subdermal passive armor would protect against this, but it always happens with cats..." After a moment of staring at the cloth now around her fingers, she looked up and perceptively looked at each of the boys in turn and then asked, "What are your names? If you don't mind my asking, why are you each here?"

Kunio smiled to lighten her spirits, "I'm Sutauto Kunio, and this is William." He motioned to him with his left hand. He looked at her hand for a second then looked back up to her eyes, "Doesn't look bad, it's not trying to soak through. That's good." He looked still slightly concerned, but hid it somewhat with his smile.

Zoia looked down at herself as Ymy started to apologize for seeing her naked. She sighed, getting out of the water and wrapping herself in a towel as the groundskeeper spoke. She was silent, a little standoffish from what could be considered normal with someone trying to be kind to her. His history lesson on how his kid met Yamatai as a touch interesting, but that was purely from an education standpoint. Personally, she could do without the tale. The similarity though was intriguing. They were both caused pain by the NMX...

This old man, however, could see she was aggravated. Well of course she was! No one wanted to be around a vile creature like her it would seem. She had to do all these things to be considered tame, even her language was deemed off by these other creatures. Creatures who put too much stock into words, appearances, and everything else that didn't matter. Fashion was absolutely ridiculous, and she personally saw anyone who took it seriously as a total moron.

"You want to help me? I see very little in the way of you helping me unless you could make Yamatai not be disgusted by my kinds biological necessities" She stated coolly, watching the cat creature go to step out of the room. "You don't need to worry. I find clothes ridiculous. There is no need for me to wear them so you need not be shy regarding my appearance" She added, casually. "I appreciate your gesture, but it really is a futile attempt. If you get any idea's though, I figure you will tell me regardless" She sighed, conceding herself to needing to talk about.

"I think it's nice to meet you two. Thank you for helping me William-san, Kunio-san!" Sakaki said emphatically before putting her hands in front of her pleated skirt and bowing twice to each of them.

"I am Yuu Sakaki," she said. Then thinking to add to that, said in a quiet but determined voice, "I have learned karate and am hear to further my training in the martial arts! I hope we can do so together as friends, since you have already shown me that you are kind and generous people."

Kunio responded with his staple smile, "It is nice to meet you. I practice Tandoku Migi Ken," Gesturing to his Katana at his waist, "a sub-type of Sora Mai." He thought about her counters to his swordsmanship type, almost as a training of the mind. "We are touring the grounds if you would like to join us." He generally wanted friends, trying not to sound desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back