• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 20.1] Dinner at the Princess Dunes Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Table

Deziarra got up and walked to between where the two lines were forming. She looked first towards one group and then the other.

"Count me in," she said. "Just let me know which team I need to be on."

Table

Akane bowed to Ayumi. "Things were a bit busy in the med bay. I am Miyako Akane." The infantry Nekovalkyrjia smiled. "I don't have much aside from my gear and art supplies, but I do like this dress. I'm glad you like it, too."

Many of the people at the table looked to be forming groups for some sort of game, though Akane had missed what they were playing. "I wonder what's going on," she said absently.

Table

Ayumi nodded a short bow of her own to Akane, "I am pleased to meet you Akane-san." She stated softly, looking around the suddenly busy dining hall. She was glad that she had been late, because she didn't really feel like eating and so having skipped the dinner part of the evening was a good thing. She gracefully pushed back the chair and stood, with her hands folded neatly on her lap. She nodded shortly to Akane.

"I believe Sune-san said that there was some sort of game being played." She explained, looking around again and seeing the different groups being formed. She wandered over to Chieko, unsure if she would be able to preform adequately if this game required teamwork. She wasn't very much of a team player.

"Koizumi-san," Ayumi started, bowing slightly to her friend, "If you would allow it, may I join your group?" She asked, her lips turning up in the slightest of shy smiles.

Tablep

Chieko cheered when Kale made his way over to her team, giving him a hug once he was close enough. She was happy he had picked her side; however being able to play the game factored more into her excitement. Even the possibility of Deziarra adding to the group would have made the scientist glad; but when Ayumi asked to join, she smiled.

"Of course I'll allow it!" she replied, "We're here to have fun, not keep people out."

She then gave the medic an enthusiastic hug as well to officially welcome her to the team.

Table

Following Ayumi, Akane stepped over to where the groups were forming. She had little idea of what sort of game they might be playing, but Akane knew she needed to do something to get to know her crew mates better. Playing a game could do just that, if she was willing to take a chance on that.

Bowing to Chieko as Ayumi had, Akane asked, "Is there room for one more in the game? I would like to join, if I may."

Table

The hug was received by Ayumi turning a bright colour of red, stiffening slightly, blinking wildly at Chieko for a moment, and then relaxing all at once and rubbing at her temple absentmindedly. She'd never been handled in such a way before, as was obvious by her reaction. Her shy smile returned in full force as the colour fell back out of her face, "Th... Thank you Koizumi-san." Perhaps her friend had had too much to drink? Surely that was the cause of her affection.

As Akane spoke Ayumi turned and listened to her intently, though for all intents and purposes she wasn't really saying anything important. Quite confident that Chieko wouldn't tell Akane she couldn't join the group, Ayumi shuffled slightly to the side to stop herself from obscuring Chieko's view of Akane.

Sune looked at the group of volunteers. "There is no set limit on how many people can participate. We just need to have the same number with each group. While folks decide which group they want, let me tell you folks a few things. First there will be prizes awarded. All participants will get a prize, but obviously the winners will get a nicer price.

Now here are the rules. Each of the bowls at the start of the lines will have five oranges. When I say start, the wait staff person will take one fruit and put it under the chin of the first person in line. The objective is to transfer the fruit from person to person without using your hands. In fact your hands must remain clasped behind your backs. If an orange is dropped, it will be picked up and put back in the bowl. The first team to get all five oranges moved wins.

Any questions?"

Team Two

Chieko, unable to stop smiling at the requests, pulled Akane into an embrace as well. The academic had seen the young Neko around, and this little event gave an opportunity to get to know her as well.

"Get in line and let's have fun!" she grinned, then listened to Sune's instructions.

"I like the sound of this game," the scientist offered, "But where should the oranges go once they get to the end of the line?"

Sune pointed to two tables being positioned at the end of each line, a bowl was present for the fruit to be dropped into. "Why another bowl of course. So is everyone ready, or do we have any more volunteers or questions?"

Team One

Junko looked over at Sune. "No questions sir, though you're right. Without further volunteers we'll need to balance the teams."

She peered around at those still seated. The Nepleslian woman caught her eye; she wasn't sure what her unconscious plan was exactly, but she knew she wanted the draw the guest out, make her more a part of the crew. She'd thought at first that maybe merely approaching Sienna with the offer to enlist would perhaps work, but it had become abundantly clear that the process was going to be significantly slower. For now, she'd settle for getting her to join in the game.

"Sienna-san, are you sure we cannot persuade you to join in?"

Mitsuko was left sitting there, speechless, while the others concentrated on setting up this game. She didn't know how they could be in any sort of mood to do that right now. "B-but he can't retire. When was this announced?" She glanced around at the table, which was starting to look rather empty. "Then it's just...just..." She trailed off, mentally recalculating who was left on the ship, and how well she got along with them. Or how much she trusted them. After today, things were looking grim.

"He can... He had... I don't when, I heard it through the grapevine..." Misato looked over at Mitsuko and felt quite bad for the mousy neko. there had been quite a few changes during this day. "I have seen so many different people come and go on this ship. someday it will be my turn to either be transfered or retire. Same goes for you."

She paused for a moment thinking, "I think everyone wants to be happy and celebrate their time with the Chusa. I know if I was leaving, or.... gone. I know I would want people enjoying themselves and being happy. I would be pissed to find out that people were mopey and gloomy... though I think a bonfire party on the beach with foods and drinks would be something I could see more fitting, but this was his party." Misato smiled trying to hide the fact she was talking about some quite dark things.

Natsumi examined the bowl of oranges. She frowned a little and thought if how things were going to work transfering them from person to person without hands.

The white haired memo shrugged and guessed that was the fun of it all. "Okay" she said. "Let's get going" she said and smiled

Team One

"I guess I am on the team with fewer people to make things fair," said Deziarra walking over to Natsumi. "Just let me know where you need me to be."

She looked over at the bowl of oranges wondering how this game was going to go.

Team Two

After being essentially claimed by Chieko, Akane stumbled over her feet as she found herself thrust into line. Laughing for a moment, the elf-eared neko said, "Hi."

A moment later, she noticed her roommate and smiled. It looked like Deziarra was going to be with one team and Akane with another. However things turned out, it promised to be fun.

"Best of luck, Deziarra."

Team Two

The medic looked over the oranges nervously for a moment, her cheeks colouring only slightly at the thought of this game they were playing. She wandered to the back of their line and looked up to the front again. She glanced from the oranges to the empty bowl on the table behind her. She wasn't sure about this, she felt like she was going to look very foolish. She certainly wasn't used to looking foolish.

"I must apologise in advanced for my... Surely less than stellar performance." The medic offered, reviewing in her mind how she thought that the orange "game" should go. She was already turning it into some sort of contest in her mind, and she was fairly certain she would lose.

Table

Sienna looked up again from her seat, in the middle of indulging herself in her margarita again, as Junko addressed her. Taking the drink away from her lips, she started to refuse again, having no interest in making herself look like any more of a fool than she already had so far. She hesitated, however, when she realized that refusing twice might further damage her already shaky relationship with many of the crew and risk losing her place aboard the Eucharis. With a sigh, she placed her drink on the table and shrugged. One of the teams looked to be shy by one member anyhow.

"What the hell, sure," she relented, and grasped the edge of the table as she gingerly rose to her feet, taking as much care as she could not to dishevel or tear her dress, and walked over to join Natsumi's team, and folded her arms.

Natsumi grinned broadly as Sienna got up and joined her team. "I'm glad you changed your mine and are joining in the fun!". She said and smiled. "It's going to be fun!" she added and got ready for the game to start, flashing her hands behind her back

"Bring on the oranges!" she laughed

"You can't go anywhere, Suzume-chan!" Mitsuko squeezed her hand tighter, frowning. "If you do...then...I'd just have to transfer, too." She nodded her head firmly, as if that settled everything. She brooded while the others began organizing their game, finally letting go of the other Neko's hand. "I think I need another drink." She didn't sound quite like herself, as she stood, taking her empty glass to the bar to exchange for a full one.

"You're suck we be as your friend until the end of your days... Which you will have to agree will most likely be hundreds of years beyond my days..." Misato sent off after her roommate's mind. "each of us has their own marker on the clock. some sooner then others..." She muttered to herself as she sat there watching the games start up. She was never one to join in, but watching the rest of the crew was humor enough, especially when Sienna got up to join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back