• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 20.1] Dinner at the Princess Dunes Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Table

Sune finished his meal and listened to the chatter at the table. "Well, since it seems that most folks have finished their first round of food and drinks. Anyone up for some games?"

Table

Natsumi had finished her meal by now and her plate was taken away by one of the waiters. She also got a hold of a refill for her drink, another margarita and sipped at it in content silence.

"Oh, what kind of games are you thinking, Sune-San?" she asked and smiled at the former Executive Officer. She was sure he did not mean a dare lottery like last time they all had done a group game. She grinned and giggled at the memory of all that, she wondered what Sienna would think of such a game if she had been there at the time.

Deziarra, who had been silently consuming more than her fair share of food and wine suddenly spoke up.

"I would like to participate," she said.

She consumed the last of the food on her plate and washed it down with the last of her wine.

Table

Sienna's lips buzzed slightly as she contained a burst of laughter at Kale's display of somehow simultaneous clumsiness and graceful recovery, welcoming the break in the thus-far somber and rather tense mood around the table that his near-accident brought. Covering her mouth, she cleared her throat and took another drink of her margarita as the waiter cleared her empty dishes from the table.

Sune's mention of games caught her attention, and she looked around at everyone else expectantly. She wasn't sure what kind of entertainment the retiring officer might be suggesting, but she was at least mildly interested to see what kind of fun was considered appropriate for a Yamataian dinner party.

Table

The talk of games and the end of the meal catching his attention Kale motioned over a waiter and whispered in his ear for a second. The waiter nodded and then retreated barwards.

"Ah Sune-san, before we get to that there is a present here from the rest of the crew and I. Something to remember us by in the coming years."

The waiter brought forwards the wrapped pyramid shaped parcel that had been put behind the counter earlier that evening. The waiter offered it to the former officer, and with a slight grin on his face Kale waited for the reaction.

Last edited:
Table

Junko had barely stopped herself from giggling at Chieko’s dry, technical, and amusing response to her statement and had been about to reply to Suzume - dropping rank in non-duty situations was fine, so long as politeness and discipline were still maintained - but Kale’s strange impersonation and his wild physical overreaction to Chieko’s fan took her well and truly aback.

She appreciated the distraction offered by the Chusa. While the “games” played at parties by the Eucharis's crew were not always her cup of tea, it might be just the ticket to make the dinner more cohesive. Of course, then Kale chose to preempt the Chusa’s reply. There was nothing objectionable about gift giving, of course, but in the context of his actions immediately prior Junko couldn’t help but be a little nervous as she saw the grin on his face.

Table

Chieko's pleasure in her actions were as quickly halted as they began when Kale's flailing started up. Through her giggling she moved to try and help him, but he had managed to right himself in time.

"Don't tell me you're scared of this little thing," the scientist grinned, holding up the fan, "It's not like I'm going to try and hurt you with it."

At Sune's mention of games, however, the academic looked down the table towards the retiring officer and nodded in response to Natsumi's question.

"What could we do that is still appropriate in such a public venue," Chieko asked, "particularly with a 'mixed' crowd?"

Mitsuko squeezed Misato's hand, relaxing. She decided to firmly push her worries about ranks and passengers aside, as best she could, and try to enjoy the moment. The mention of games made her blush, as she remembered what had happened the last time something like that had been suggested. She tried to think of a reason to be excused, preparing an escape plan. Thankfully the gift provided a good distraction, giving her time to plan. The Neko was a bit curious about what Kale was doing, though. She glanced at Suzume. "The crew got him this? Did you know about it? Is it to thank him for the dinner?"

"No I didn't know about he gift, but Sune is leaving us after leave. I believe he is retiring." She responded before looking down at her hand. She was still a bit weirder out by Mitsuko gripping onto her hand, but she promised friendship so it was only natural.

She looked down the table in interest hopping to find out what the gift was. She thought it was a bit presumptuous that he had said it was from the whole crew, but not that that was a bad thing in itself.

Sune opened the gift and looked at the contents. Once unwrapped, everyone could see Sune holding a floating metal model of the YSS Eucharis inside a glass pyramid that is mounted on a labelled teak wood base. The model slowly rotates within. He looked at Kale and the others. "Thank you very much. It has been my honor to serve aboard the Eucharis, one of the finest ships in the fleet., and to serve with all of you." he said, and took a drink from his glass of wine.

Carefully placing the item on the table, he got up and walked towards the window. He motioned to two of the wait staff who then brought four small round tables and placed two of them near where Sune was standing, and the other two about twenty feet away.

"Okay, now for the first game. I need two groups of volunteers. This is a simple game but it requires team work." he said with a smile.

"Retiring!?" Mitsuko suddenly blurted out, turning to look at Misato with wide eyes. "Wh-what!?" Everything started to make sense. The dinner, Sune's boxes in the Cargo Bay, all of it. She didn't realize how loud she'd been until a few moments later, blushing as she tried to ignore any stares she was getting, looking to where Sune stood.

Table

The science officer was much to curious to find out about this game Sune was proposing and stood up to volunteer.

"Anything promising to be fun must be given a try," Chieko said with a smile.

Sune looked over at Mitsuko, "Yes, I am retiring. I have decided that having spent more of my life fighting, watching people I know die, and dying my self. That it was time to concentrate on living. I have some promises to keep to the family that took me in on the Bouken.

Now as for the game, I need the volunteers to form two lines, three people or more to a line would be best."

Table

"Sure" Natsumi said to herself as she drained her glass in a single longulp,, then got up to take part in the game, whatever it was going to b

"Wanna join in?" she asked Sienna as she stood and aimed for where the groups were going to be.

Table

Sienna blinked as Natsumi shoved back from the table. She smirked at her inquiry and shook her head, picking her margarita up from the table. "Uh, no," she replied. "I'll just watch." She started to recline in her seat out of habit, but the fabric of her dress tugging uncomfortably as she moved made her sit back bolt upright. With a fidget, she grimaced slightly and took another drink of her frozen beverage. Sitting up so straight was starting to give her a dull backache and a cramp in her haunches.

Table

Quiet... that's what Takeyu had been during this whole time, he hadn't been that talkative mainly because he was keeping a very close eye on his siblings. The girls hadn't done what he had thought they'd do, at least not yet anyway, they were bickering over something that - to him - made no sense.. but then again, he wasn't a kid anymore so maybe that was why he couldn't understand.

"Girls...." he finally said, walking over to the two youngling as they stood next to the karaoke machine and told them how much time they had wasted trying to figure out a good song.

The girls looked flustered, embarrassed by this and having not realized. With a sheepish look on their faces, they turned to one another - browsed through the machine once more - and picked out a song... the same one they had chosen before they'd gotten into their little disagreement: Scarborough Fair.

They waited a few moments for the machine to start, when it did, they began to sing along with the recording; their voices pure and smooth, they matched what was song in the lyrics perfectly - and the girls mimicked the movements that they'd learned about the song.

"Suit yourself" Natsumi replied to Sienna and grinned as she stepped over to start the first line. "Anyone else wanna join, or am I playing by myself?" the snowy haired operator asked. She was curious to see what kind of game Sune had in store for them.

She paused a moment, then darted back to the table, grabbed her drink, downed the last few gulps of it, then went back to the spot she had picked out for her line to start.

Table

Junko hesitated a moment, sure that she would probably enjoy observing whatever spectacle was about to occur more than participating in it. But she didn't want to leave the Chusa or Natsumi out in the cold and so, with a mental shrug, stood and walked over to form a line next to the starship operator.

"I'm game, sir," she said with a small smile toward Sune.

Table

Chieko grinned at Natsumi, she wasn't about to be left out and someone had to start the next team. She then walked over and took her place opposite the ops Neko before looking at the table.

"I'm also taking players," she winked and waved,

Table

Curious but slightly wary Kale appraised the group standing for the game. At least non of them seemed to be drunk enough that it would become completely embarrassing. Sighing he stood up.

"Ok I'll take the bait." he said before joining Chieko's side.

"Two for two. Who'll be the next brave soul to step up to the plate?" he asked those still sitting. He would have hoped that some of the male crew members apart from himself would participate but with one having run off to god only knew where, one supervising his sibling and the other managing the game it seemed somewhat unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back