• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post-Mission 21] Kyoto Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limogate

Tsuguka was giving Antonia her absolute undivided attention, but didn't show any change of expression for several long seconds. Great clunking brass gears rotated around in her head, methodically trying to punch out the most unbiased, correct answer technically possible.

"Please do not dislike me, Cadet Stark." An usual request given the situation, but she seemed to have ushered in a new wave of the cold, emotionless self that had sat with them moments ago. "I do not consider absolute right and wrong to be possible states, so the Yamatai way naturally can't be entirely right. If you are insulted by being put in this situation, I am sorry. But my objective here is to consider whether I can trust you not to endanger both the Shosho and her crew. You may be a tourist here, but consider that unlike you, the Star Army is the only reason for my existence. They would kill someone like me on Nepelsia and they would never need a reason, yet I do not hate you."

"What I am trying to say is..." She crooned her head to one side, looked at the ceiling, and then back at her. The look was a little obnoxious, but it was probably more because she didn't really understand the correct way of being nice. "We need to trust each other. I want to trust you. Even if you try your best, then that is acceptable."

"Shosho Hanako, you wanted my honest verdict... May I recommend we confiscate her weapon and give her extra duties? If she wants a transfer after that, then so be it." Her eyes still remained locked on Antonia, unblinking. "It does seem a fruitless reason to tarnish someone's entire career... She's.... Well... It's like a square peg, trying to fit in a round hole. Can you blame the peg for being the shape that it is?"

Cabin 6

Sienna's eyes went wide and she stiffened considerably at Natsumi's sudden embrace. Had it been anyone else, she might have reacted with an elbow or a fist to the ribs, but even so, she still had to fight the urge to push her off. She found herself wondering why so many aboard the Eucharis had such a difficult time understanding that she absolutely hated being touched.

Instead, however, she simply tolerated the snowy-haired Neko's hug with as much awkward dignity as she could muster, standing there like a totem pole with her arms planted firmly at her sides and her lips pursed. Her discomfort at the violation of her personal space notwithstanding, Natsumi's show of affection only worsened the alien sensation of guilt that she felt. Hanako had given her an easy way out; all she had to do was just let her "friend" believe that there was no other reason for her leaving than the admiral's orders, thereby absolving her of all culpability. But for some reason it left her feeling oddly empty and a little dirty this time, even though she was absolutely no stranger to deception.

When Natsumi withdrew and Sienna saw the tears on her face, she had to look away. "Come on now, don't frackin' do that," she scolded, distracting herself by pointlessly adjusting her pack straps, and eyed the cabin door. "You already knew I wasn't gonna stay around forever." She didn't notice that Natsumi had taken her hand until she felt herself being led, and pulled her hand away. When she realized how her reaction might be misinterpreted, she forced a small smile. "Sorry," she apologized with questionable sincerity, and nodded in agreement to her invitation. A hot meal did sound good, at least.

Destination

Mitsuko felt a bit more relaxed after her drink, enjoying the short walk from the tropically themed restaurant to the one Hanako had selected. She stood outside for a few minutes, the umbrella she'd purchased earlier keeping her and her shopping bags safe, before deciding she should check in. The Neko headed inside, consulting the hostess to see if there had been a reservation made for their group. It didn't seem like they'd beaten her here.

Cabin 6

"I know you can't stay here forever." Natsumi replied. "And it's okay. I am just glad we met and got to be friends" she said and smiled. "Just wish there was a little more time is all." She took a deep breath and wiped at her cheeks with her palms. "Lets go eat and have some fun on the town while we can"

Natsumi opened the door into the passage, stepping out and waiting for Sienna to follow. "Looks like all the others left already for a group lunch" she commented, checking with the AI to see that everyone else had piled into a limo bound off of the base.

Limousine

Aikiko grew bored with the weapon that used to belong to Tony. She cleared the round from the cylinder and added it to the rest along with the power cell that went with the HHG. She smirked slightly as it was obvious that the gun wouldn't fit.

She put on her shoes again that it once more had gotten quiet as all waited for Shosho's verdict on Tony. She once more looked out the window to watch the passing scenery. Looking at the various vehicles that surrounded them as they cruised down the street.

Limo

"Cadet Stark. You fellow crew members have recommended I drop the charges," Hanako told the Nepleslian woman. "I will do so. Remember this and what they did for you today. Do not ruin it or take it for granted, because it is a second chance at life," she warned Antonia.

The after an awkward rest of the ride. the limousine arrived a large Asian-looking restaurant with lion statues and big engraved columns out front. It pulled up in front of the entrance so they didn't have to go through the rain. A huge wooden doorway with meter-long gold-encrusted handles led into a dim lobby filled with a star-filled volumetric night sky overhead.

Restaurant

"Mitsuko!" Hanako waved.

YSS Eucharis - Corridor Outside Cabins

Sienna followed behind Natsumi, her thumbs tucked beneath her backpack straps. She didn't fully comprehend the Neko's sentiments, although as before, her childlike innocence was somewhat endearing to her. Not only was her self-proclaimed friend pointlessly drawing out the farewell process, she said she was actually happy that they had met in the first place. It seemed to her like it would be so much easier if the Neko had simply minded her own business and treated her with polite indifference, or even hostility, the way that the rest of the crew had. Everything would have been simpler that way; a clean break, no mess, no complications. Just the way she liked it, the only way she knew to survive.

That's when it hit her, and the realization nearly took the actual breath from her lungs for a moment. Her stride faltered ever so slightly as an unpleasant tingling sensation washed over her. Natsumi, with all of her naivete and short-sightedness, had been the only true friend she'd ever had since she left her brother behind. And here she was now, watching history repeat itself.

She shook her head, although she moved so little that even she barely noticed it. No, she thought to herself. You're just making it worse.

Clearing her throat softly, she shoved the feeling aside, burying it, and held her blank expression and continued to walk. Natsumi's observation about the rest of the crew having already departed provided her with an opportunity that she seized. "Left?" she repeated, and frowned slightly. "I guess that ride Hanako offered was just her being polite," she added with a shrug, no hint of a grudge or displeasure in her voice, and sighed dismissively. "Don't matter. She wants me gone, anyway. It'd probably be best if you run on and catch up with them. I'll find my own way."

Reactions: Wes
Corridor

Natsumi paused, glancing back at Sienna. "Nope, I'm already signalling a taxi for us." the neko replied "You can't start out without a good lunch" she smiled.

Natsumi had a wireless call up, pinging a local cab which would be outside once they godown the ramp.

Limo

With a nod Stark smiled at the crew around her, though it faltered when she looked at Red. Though with a shrug she was back looking at Aiky, "umm may I have my pistol back? You guys can keep the capacitor and the rounds for it, but it looks like a child trying to carry. Makes me a bit homesick." she was asking Hanako even though she was looking at Aiky who still had her pistol.

Restaurant

tony climbed out of the limo behind Hanako and looked around the area, first scanning the area for dangers, a habit one had to have one the mean streets of Roger Wilco city. Secondly she was taking in the sights. the whole area was so clean and shiny, as if they had built the place and kept it sealed off until the pulled up. Maybe they did, and only opened the area up for higher mucky mucks. Or maybe they had planned to show it off so that if Tony had to make reports back that she would rave about how everything was so ... well fancy.

With a light whistle tony looked back at the restaurant before them. "This is quite a spanky place... umm not that I don't want to hang out with you all, but I doubt they'd let my kind in there." She didn't want to say that by her kind she meant the broke. Being an Enlisted in the NSN didn't give her a lot of spare cash. They figured that the Navy was going to cover room and board until she retired. "I can head back to the ship yard and grab a cheap lunch at a bar near it.

Limousine

Aikiko dug out the rounds and the capacitor from her pouch. Loaded the gun and handed it to Stark once the verdict was given from Shosho. Then handed over the capacitor once Tony had secured the weapon.

Restaurant

Aikiko followed Tony out and did the same, checking out for the dangers that lay hidden as she moved from the limousine to allow the others to exit. Hearing Tony speak, Aikiko spoke up, "I'll get your bill this time. You get it next time. Cadet." Eyes always roaming.

Restaurant

Cadet Stark's disgruntled looks only made Tsuguka feel like she hadn't been listened to. Spending the rest of the car journey in utter silence, she just wondered what more she could have done to fix the situation. She certainly didn't see any reason why she would be more of an object for the Cadet's anger than Santo Hei Hisoka was. Analyzing her own sudden burst of rage, she could only explain it as frustration. Here she was, with a crew described as paragons of the fleet, with a leader she idolized, and yet she couldn't have understood her crew mates any less. Their cumbersome emotions made everything so erratic, irresponsible... Even Shosho Hanako wasn't quite the well oiled machine she had been taught to believe she was.

Nothing was supposed to be like this. No order, no regime. She wasn't prepared at all.

She made sure to get out first, and hold the door open for the others as they vacated the Limousine.

The ceiling of the dinning hall reminded her of the space combat sims. It made her feel cold.

Had she lost the respect of her Shosho by choosing a softer approach towards Antonia? It should have been obvious that the safety of the crew as a whole came first, but everything was thrown out of perspective. The Nepelsian clearly thought she enjoyed all of the honor and respect. No, that was hours in front of a mirror, practicing, eliminating flaws of unrespectful character. She did what was necessary to become the solider she was created to be. To avoid disrespecting her forebearers, by being a wasted effort. The concept of Antonia being a square peg wasn't an insult. It was basic facts. Antonia wasn't born into the job, Tsuguka was. If the Santo-Hei failed at her occupation, she would be failing at her reason for existing at all.

It just... It wasn't an option.

She felt like reaching out to the Shosho with a mental link, and apologizing in private... but retracted the action at the last second.

No, the damage was done. She didn't want to look indecisive.

There would be other times to prove herself. For now, it would be more constructive to project a smile and act like she enjoyed overpriced redundantly flavored sustenance.

Last edited:
Restaurant

Mitsuko turned from the hostess as she heard her name called, eyes widening at the small crowd that followed Hanako in. "Goodness..." The hostess slipped off to prepare their table, as it was obvious that the party had arrived. The Logistics Neko looked over the group before giving them a short, friendly bow. "Joto Hei Murakami Mitsuko...I didn't think we'd be taking on so many new people all at once. The cabins will be packed..." She was already pondering how this influx of crew members would be handled.

Taxi

Sienna hadn't said another word after Natsumi insisted she accompany her. Whether it was because her racing mind simply couldn't come up with an appropriate excuse in time, because she couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat on someone else's credits, or simply because she knew navigating the Yamataian cityscape would take forever without guidance, she didn't quite know. Thus she had simply followed the Neko out of the ship, passing a few technicians and logistics officers who had boarded for maintenance and repair checks along the way. She didn't look directly at Natsumi even once as they descended the cargo ramp and waited for the hovering taxi car to arrive, and remained completely silent as they climbed in.

As the cab lifted off and sped away from the tarmac, she sat there buckled in, her arms folded around the backpack in her lap, staring out the window. Even as the dazzling lights and dizzying heights of the megacity whizzed by, she was simply too troubled to be impressed. The bright, colorful city may as well have been flat and gray to her.

Restaurant

"Do you have a large table, someplace secluded?" Hanako asked the hostess. The group was directed to a side area--the kind that was given to birthday parties and business lunches. This would give the crew a little more privacy. As they sat down, a waitress came around to ask what everyone wanted to drink. Hanako told the waitress, "I will have green tea. This will all be on one check."

Restaurant

Aikiko bowed with respect to Mistuko, "Santo Akiashiro, EOD and Infantry. I'm used to sleeping in a hammock as stowage amongst the cargo or a comfortable seat, Joto Mistuko." She fell quiet to let Hanako speak and arrange sitting for them.

Taxi

Natsumi relaxed in the seat next to Sienna, she looked up the restaurant the Shosho was taking everyone else too, figuring that to be a good place to eat and directed the cab driver to it.

"So" she said, "Where are you thinking of going?" She asked her friend, glancing over at Sienna.

Restaurant

Aikiko had followed the group to the table chosen by Hanako, giving the side room a quick, yet good once over, identifying exits and entrances, to include windows if there was any. She chose a seat with her back to the wall and gave her good view of the egresses into the room and windows.

Akiko ordered her drink, a Nepleslian drink that was a favorite of the UOCPF, and now out of date, even in the Nesplesia Star Empire. It was a drink that caused a light euphoria without hindering one's actions. She relaxed in appearances while remaining alert to those around her and the room.

It was a bit of a sunning effect on Tony when the Shosho picked up the whole check, at least she didn't have to try to politely turn down Aiky. She may never understand why Yami payed their crew so much. though she mentally shrugged and dropped down in a chair at the far end from the crew, but not directly across from Hanako, she was sure that would have not been a good spot.

Once she was seated she ordered a Koors Light, the beer sounded so good, and the fact it came not far from her home town made the treat even better. After the past hour having a piece of home. Once she had ordered she sat there silently, she drew her pistol under the table and quickly went over it by feel, making sure everything was in place. It just wouldn't due if something happen and this time it was real, and she wasn't armed.

Restaurant

"A half pint glass containing one third spinach, one third oats, one third water, and three table spoons aloe vera juice, please." Tsuguka awkwardly practiced her smile on the waiter. "Be precise with the aloe vera, if you don't mind, it destroys the lining of the intestines in high doses. Thank you very much."

The glimmer of enthusiasm left her face when the waitress continued on. It seemed a little optimistic to examine the building for choke points, considering she was unarmed anyway, but she seconded Aikiko's observations and sat to Hanako's right side.

"You're a former outer colonies peace keeper, are you not, Santo-Hei Akiashiro?" She hastily made another grim smile, attempting to strike up conversation. "I don't know anything about the standard issue, but I would have assumed if anyone had handcuffs, it would be you... Considering the duties involved, I mean."

Aikiko looked at Tsuguka, "used to carry them," looked at Tsuguka, "but I specialized in explosives," giving a brief soft smile. "what is your specialty, Santo-Hei Tsuguka?" staring at her, smile fades to that of a stoic facade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…