• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 26] Skeletons and Spooks (YE 38)

Eucharis - Cabin 3

"...No..." Jax mumbled with a hiccup, reaching onto his desk and grabbing the bottle of pills that would cure his intoxication. He began fumbling with the lid.

"Daswat worrees me," he choked out. "Waddif she god gidnapped er sumdin? Waddif duh skwids godder? Oh gawd! Oh GAWD!"

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

"Oh!" Hanako blinked in surprise as she got a message. "I just heard that a cargo ship from Second Chance Salvage Company has arrived and is dropping off items from their promotional giveaway. I wonder if anyone else participated. Apparently I got over six thousand wooden carts. Very peculiar. I will see if Mr. Rodia wants them."

Cabin 3

Jax stopped crying as his communicator chirped. He barely managed to get the cap off of the bottle of pills, and popped a few. Almost instantly, he sobered up, but he also began to feel a mean hangover.

"Ugh..." he groaned, grabbing the device off the desk. He squinted at the screen, and felt his heart drop to his feet. "Oh, look! I'm now the proud owner of a truckload of gold, a couple thousand wooden carts, a crate of anti-tank rounds, a mini spaceship, and an Elysian bioweapon! Happy day!"

He felt the creepings of fear as he continued to mull over this new information. He was most likely in a lot of trouble.

"...Where the hell am I gonna store all of this?"

Cabin 3

Candon didn't respond to Jax's concern of kidnapping. It was entirely possible and he wouldn't lie to his friend(?). He fprmed the request for an investigation mentally and telepathically sent it to MEGAMI.

Cabin 3

Jax stopped crying as his communicator chirped. He barely managed to get the cap off of the bottle of pills, and popped a few. Almost instantly, he sobered up, but he also began to feel a mean hangover.

"Ugh..." he groaned, grabbing the device off the desk. He squinted at the screen, and felt his heart drop to his feet. "Oh, look! I'm now the proud owner of a truckload of gold, a couple thousand wooden carts, a crate of anti-tank rounds, a mini spaceship, and an Elysian bioweapon! Happy day!"

He felt the creepings of fear as he continued to mull over this new information. He was most likely in a lot of trouble.

"...Where the hell am I gonna store all of this?"

"Well that's a good question. I'm looking into storage facilities right now. Found a decent price on an old hanger but first I'm going to look into Umeshu. She's probably fine, could just be a clerical error."

Cabin 3

Jax wiped his nose on his sleeve, slowly climbing to his feet.

"Th-thanks, Candon." he muttered as he began stacking his notes and cleaning up the spilled wine. He'd made such a mess of himself in the last few hours, but on the bright side, he'd made considerable progress on both the Parking Brake and Valhalla.

Cabin 3

Candon found that he couldn't look away from the holographic blueprints. "What is this, some kind of scanner?"

Cabin 3

"That," Jax mumbled through his fatigue as he cleaned, jerking his head towards the unassuming cube with coolant ports, "Is what happens when you reverse the polarity of an inertial dampener. I essentially made an inertial amplifier. One powerful enough to hold a starship in place if it were caught in a tractor beam, or grabbed by one of those vulture-ship-things that stole the Eucharis a few months back. I call it: The Parking Brake."

He looked to the modified soul-transfer chair, hesitant to tell the truth about it. The creation of such a device was entirely due to his existential crisis, and he didn't want to seem deranged.

"Th-that," he began finally. "Is the future of soul-transfer technology, Valhalla. Candon, what if I told you that we would no longer have to simply back up our consciousness? What if I told you, that when you died, your current consciousness was transferred to a VCE-esque cloud storage? An 'afterlife' of sorts?"

Jax paused his work and turned to face the spy, his eyes holding an inkling of something... manic.

"...Candon, what if I told you that I found a way to conquer death itself?!"

Cabin 3

"Well I'd say it sounds like an archaic notion," Candon replied flatly, "we're not an organic species, we're digital. Just because we're sentient doesn't mean we're bound by the same rules as naturally occurring life. It's what makes artificial life superior."

YSS Eucharis, Bridge

"Good evening, Mehitabel-Hei." Tsuguka gave the elysian woman a brisk nod of support. "I trust your injuries have healed sufficiently. It is good to see you operating correctly once more."

A spacey glance sideways, towards the already deactivated main view port. Internal conflict had thrown the imposing woman back into android mode, and the difficulty of obtaining whether it was actually night on Yamatai or not perturbed her. Ablative facts. It was easy to become obsessed with the small things.

"Yamashiro-Taii, the last mission made it obvious to me that there are some glaring flaws in our operational standards." Standing arrow-straight, Tsuguka projected the classic mechanically stoic tone. The voice of someone actively driving out thoughts of sentimentality. "I have until the ship departs once more to learn how to fly a shuttle to an adequate degree. Can you assist me?"

They were aware that Shosho Hanako was standing just feet away, but chose not to make this a formal reorganization announcement. There was a high chance that the idea could fail to produce meaningful fruit, and Tsuguka was no optimist. Crafting a speech which lent to such an impassioned spirit was a task better left to those with more qualifications in those matters, as well.

Cabin 3

"No, stupid!" Jax growled in frustration, smacking his head, and regretting it. "What I'm saying is: Instead of having your lover die, and then placing the most recent backup into a new body, and possibly not having them remember who you are, what if the current rendition of themselves was simply transferred to cloud storage where they lived in a virtual world?! When they were resurrected, they would still be that same person! Not a copy to help numb the pain of real loss! Hell, man, do you know how freaky it is to look at Cherry these days and know she isn't the same one as before?! Same with Marcus Rhodia!"

Cabin 3

"So you want the absolute most recent ST data?" He asked, ignoring the insult in light of his subordinate's emotional turmoil, "Data is stored in the brain, if that's destroyed then nothing can really help you. The way I see it, you'll need either a constant link or the ability to transmit in timed intervals. In order to pull off something like this you'll need to transmit only the important data. But a strong signal jammer could interfere."

Cabin 3

"Not saying there aren't bugs to be worked out, but I know I'm heading in the right direction with this." said Jax firmly. He pulled up his communicator again.

"Now, time to go figure out where to store all my new stuff..."

Cabin 3

"You wanna go half in on a storage hanger? The contract is 500 a month and it's a 30 by 30. Should be plenty of room," Candon offered as he made his way to the door, "that would make it 250 for us both, less if we get a couple more on board."

Cabin 3

"Hanger 33, northeast of the Uesureyan Fields. I've already sent the deposit, the owner said that if I made the deposit tonight it was mine and that he'd apply it towards next month's rent once he did the math. He's a nice guy."

Candon headed to the stairs up to the wardroom for dinner.

Last edited:
YSS Eucharis, Bridge

Mehitabel nodded to Hanako, looking up from her bridge console! The presence of an Admiral on the bridge had lost the shock rapidly. It had not hurt that the one in question was as personable as she was. It made it difficult to stay unsettled. "Oh! Ketsurai-shosho!" she still put on an admirable facade of surprise, eyes bright. Not being blessed with the healing factor of her neko comrades the fair Elysian still sported a few bruises, "It was no trouble at all. Just forwarding things to the correct locations, really."

"It feels like breakfast just ended," she said with a small chuckle.

Bridge

Natsumi listened as Tsuguka explained what she wanted. She wanted instruction in shuttle piloting, was that all? The snowy haired officer smiled inwardly. Tsuguka was an interesting character, almost seeming timid in asking to learn a new skill.

"I would be more than happy to teach you, Tsuguka-Hei" she replied. Like she needed an excuse to go up and fly, and to teach someone else to do so too, well, that was even more fun. "We can start whenever you like" she added and started thinking over where to start. She was sure Tsuguka had been hitting the simulators, so she would take her out for real in a shuttle. There was little chance of crashing in the things and with her, an experienced operator and pilot there to jump in in case things got out of hand... No, a real flight would be the best., that was for sure!

Bridge

The command deck's starboard entryway slid open to reveal an unexpected face. Sharp green eyes dominated the man's gloomy, noble-looking Yamataian features, and his black hair was worn pushed back away from his forehead in a messy, yet calculated way that fell within regulations. His athletic soldier's form stood tall in the threshold. The obsidian occupation panel of his duty uniform peeked out from behind the lapels of a Type 32 Coat, which was marked with three gold bands on each sleeve identifying him as a chusa. A worn white officer's cap was tucked under his left arm; an odd accessory for someone wearing intelligence black.

He'd watched the Eucharis land from the tarmac after waiting near the gunship's hangar since she'd entered the system, having come aboard as soon as the famous ship's crew began to trickle out for leave. The Plumeria wasn't an unfamiliar class to him—the Eucharis, much less, an unfamiliar vessel—and he had made his way to see the Captain at a pace that ensured no wayward enlisted Neko could interrupt him.

After taking one step forward onto the bridge he bowed deeply and then snapped upright, shooting a brief glance toward Natsumi, Mehitabel, and Tsuguka before he spoke.

"Saiga-chusa, reporting," the SAINT officer said as a surely involuntary grin broke his professionally neutral expression for the first time since being aboard. "Star Army Command has sent me to reorganize your vessel's infantry formation to best combat the Kuvexian threat, Hanako-shosho. The transmission detailing my orders should arrive shortly.

"I hope you will find my presence more useful than it was last time."

Shiho sits alone, experiences anxiety, receives whiskey:

Finishing pushing her free meal down her neck, Shiho sat back on her chair and reflected upon the situation. One ten minute mission, and she had shore leave right through yuletide to the new year... Looking to the left, then the right, she realized that she was sitting alone. She could train some more? Head into the city? Everyone was doing stuff, though. Mehitabel seemed to be busy, Tsuguka was who knows where, Junko and Freyja were talking to that Wazz guy... Uh... Masumi? She had been on the armor team. But they'd never talked. Candon was right out. She wasn't even sure she knew the names of anyone else on the ship without checking the file she had stored away on her AR overlay.

Resting an elbow by her empty plate, and holding her chin in her palm; Shiho did what she did not know was normal to do when you ate alone, and slid out her communicator to mess around online... And discovered that she had won a big barrel of whiskey. And 337 more barrels.

Flipping open the ship's communications, she put up a little public notice:

Available for trade/sale, 337 empty oak barrels. Price negotiable. Contact Santo-Hei Ishii if you have any offers.

She could use the cabinets she supposed... Wait, did she even have a place to live outside this ship assigned? Probably best to smash the cabinets and toss them in a dumpster somewhere if she didn't even have that worked out. A moment of panic went through her head for a moment, as Shiho realized exactly how little she had her life together at that point. She'd spent so much time worrying about just keeping herself alive in the military she hadn't paid attention to where she'd be sleeping that night.

But.. At least she had whiskey. That was... That was certainly something to do for a while. Everyone else probably had something to do right through to new years as well...

Crew Lounge

Several minutes later, Jax stood in the center of the crew lounge, still recovering from his long night. He was dressed in civilian clothes. Brown, leather work boots, jeans, and a Hawaiian shirt of navy blue with white flowers plastered all over the place. After living in Yamatai for a while, he found that these types of shirts blended in more with the traditional kimonos more so than his prototypical Nepleslian band tees. Over his shoulder he hefted his duffel bag, which was loaded with some tools and his new vest. They were for a little idea he'd had in the shower involving a few of the carts and a modification to the hangar's storage space.

No matter how hard he tried, he simply was not ready for the kimono.

With a nervous sigh, he pulled out his communicator and contacted the bridge.

"Morning, Shoso! Joto Hei Howard, requesting permission to leave the ship to, uh... see about a place... to store six thousand wooden carts out in the Uesereyen Fields."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back