• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 26] Skeletons and Spooks (YE 38)

Hanger Bay

Mehitabel braced up, bowing to Hanako slightly before falling in behind the two officers, ready to supply the necessary items.

Tsuguka lent in close to Junko, angling her head and looking the woman up and down. There was something very strange about the Santo Hei's current temperament, and she wished to record it for posterity. She opened her mouth to ask a few questions, but was suddenly interrupted by the Shosho instead.

A full magnificent salute, with straight legs and an arcing back. It had been months since they had been in this situation outdoors, so the red neko took no small pleasure in finally performing that obsessively practiced art again. It might as well have been the crimson thing's version of swooning.

Took place in the rank and file. Long time since that happened, either. It felt good.

Wardroom to Hangar Bay

Freyja considered grabbing Junko and giving her a big hug. She decided this wasn't the place. The soft touch on her cheek sent chills down her spine. She smiled and closed her eyes, leaning.into Junko's touch. A soft purr came from her throat somewhere. Freyja gasped and put her hand over her mouth in embarrassment. "I didn't even know I could do that." She confessed.

When she opened her eyes, her sweetheart was gone. Probably to get dressed for the ceremony. It took a few seconds to reach her through the fog of happiness. She jumped up and downed her drink. "I hope you get over your crisis Mr. Wazu. Forgive me but I need to go change." Freyja said politely. She took her food tray and cup to the proper spot and walked as fast as the rules would allow to the sleeper module.

Stripping in record time, she put on her formal duty uniform. She opted for the pleated skirt and opaque tights. In her rush, she made it halfway out before she remembered the hat. She ran back to get it and then hurried outside, falling in line beside Junko. Examining Junko's uniform, she noted a slight wrinkle and reached over to smooth it out without even thinking.

Hangar Bay

Hanako walked so that she was centered in front of the formation and gave the command of attention, before holding out her communicator and reading her orders aloud:

"Attention to orders:

1. The commander of the Star Army of Yamatai, at the recommendation of Shosho Ketsurui Hanako, commander of the First Expeditionary Fleet's gunship division, she has placed her special trust and and confidence in the crew of the YSS Eucharis. In view of the valor, loyalty, and leadership they have demonstrated, she has ordered that:

2. Candon Howard Suites, from Nitô Heisho to Ittô Heisho

3. Toyoe Tsuguka, from Jôtô Hei to Nitô Heisho

4. Jackson Howard, from Jôtô Hei to Nitô Heisho

5. Freyja Yuuki, from Santô Hei to Nitô Hei

6. Shiho Ishii, from Santô Hei to Nitô Hei

7. Mehitabel Calidius, from Santô Hei to Nitô Hei

8. Junko Hasegawa, from Santô Hei to Nitô Hei

9. Oshiro Masumi, from Santô Hei to Nitô Hei

Signed,

Ketsurui Yui
Commander, Star Army of Yamatai

"At ease. Congratulations, everyone," Hanako grinned. She placed a Nito Hei rank pin in Mehitabel's hand. "Calidius hei, would you care to announce the list of awards?"

Dress Parade

Bel flexed her wings out as she bowed to Hanako, "Yes ma'am."

She stepped forward beside her Captain, swallowing as she mentally called up the blocks of commendations that had been authorized for the crew. As much as it reduced their accomplishments to the barest elements, it was really just a matter of putting the right names in order. Her feathers rustled in the breeze as she took a deep breath, "By order of Shôshô Ketsurui Hanako and Star Army Personnel, I present the following awards.

For Ittô Heisho Candon H. Suites, Nitô Heisho Toyoe Tsuguka, Nitô Hei Freyja Yuuki, Nitô Hei Shiho Ishii, Nitô Hei Junko Hasegawa, and Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, the Capture Ribbon.

For Shôshô Ketsurui Hanako, Taii Yamashiro Natsumi, Ittô Heisho Candon H. Suites, Nitô Heisho Toyoe Tsuguka, Nitô Heisho Jackson Howard, Nitô Hei Freyja Yuuki, Nitô Hei Shiho Ishii, Nitô Hei Junko Hasegawa, Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, and Nitô Hei Mehitabel Calidius, the Combat Award.

For Nitô Hei Freyja Yuuki, Nitô Hei Shiho Ishii, Nitô Hei Junko Hasegawa, Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, and Nitô Hei Mehitabel Calidius, the Service Ribbon.

For Nitô Hei Freyja Yuuki, Nitô Hei Shiho Ishii, Nitô Hei Junko Hasegawa, and Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, the Training Ribbon.

For Shôshô Ketsurui Hanako, Taii Yamashiro Natsumi, Ittô Heisho Candon H. Suites, Nitô Heisho Toyoe Tsuguka, Nitô Heisho Jackson Howard, Nitô Hei Freyja Yuuki, Nitô Hei Shiho Ishii, Nitô Hei Junko Hasegawa, Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, and Nitô Hei Mehitabel Calidius, the War Medal.

For Nitô Hei Oshiro Masumi, the Tomoyo's Kikyô"

Clearing her throat, Bel looked at the suddenly long row of her crewmates. It hadn't occurred to her earlier.... She should probably pin them on the waiting spacers. Stepping forward, she moved methodically left to right, right to left from those standing. In the few steps it took to cross the gap, she made the executive decision to not try fusing with sticking anything on anyone. Especially since it seemed that almost everyone else had dressed up more then her for the occasion.

Instead, deft hands produced rank pins and ribbons for each crew member with a quiet murmur of 'congratulations'.

Last edited:
<<Hangar Bay/Thanks For The Props>>

Junko glanced back as she felt someone evening out a crease. She smiled at Freyja and mouthed a thanks, just as Hanako was heading to the front of the formation. She was fairly certain Tsuguka had noticed that, but she refused to look anything but glad about it. No one would just take this from her.

Once the ceremony began, the "soldier" switch turned on. Back straight, eyes forward, follow procedure. She accepted the promotion and the award without outward surprise or confusion. Though she couldn't promise their wouldn't be congratulations after the fact.

Hangar

Natsumi grinned as her shipmates were promoted and awarded. She was pleased to see their hard work and effort rewarded and appreciated. She was proud of all of them and, also, very surprised when her name was called for commendations. She had not expected to be awarded anything herself, though she had spent her time fighting the ship from her old post at Ops during the battle with the enemy. She smiled and blushed as she accepted the combat award and war medal. She quickly stepped back into her place beside the Shosho after she got them.

Also, Natsumi was excited to see that Hanako had been awarded for her part, leading them into battle. All in all, Natsumi felt herself overcoming with happiness for all her friends and shipmates on the Eucharis and her pale cheeks glowed brightly as she grinned at them all.

Hangar

"Now that we have handled the business side of things, it is time to relax. Consider yourselves on vacation until the new year begins," Hanako told the crew. "I will see you again around the year-end holidays. You can also contact me if you need me in the interim. Also Victory is going to be your point of contact for personal inventory supplies--updating your standard issue) and Yamataian housing. For ship cargo and mission gear see Mitsuko. Dismissed!"

Hangar

Jax smiled lightly. Normally, he would have been bouncing off the walls over a promotion, but this time, he just felt kind of... dull.

As he walked away, his eyes did a quick scan of the room, searching for ambush points, hiding spots, and escape routes. It had become instinct for him to do so as of late.

Feeling the need to return to his work at his new warehouse, Jax headed for the rail terminal.

Hangar

Natsumi grinned, the crew had been rewarded for their good deeds and now they were released to their own devices. She had little plans for her own leave, other than giving Tugs some shuttle flight instruction, which she pretty much had planned out in her mind now. The snowy haired neko let out a long breath as the crew began to go their separate ways. She figured she would head back to her cabin, pack some things and set herself up in a nice hotel to get a bit of time living away from the ship.

Turning to Hanako, she spoke up, "Shosho, is there anything you need me to take care of before I take a little time away from the ship?" she asked.

Hangar

"No, but when you return I will need you and Mehitabel to get me a roster of all the people confirmed for being on our next mission. I want to know if we lost anyone due to transfers or anything. I wanted to make sure we have a full crew complement so we are ready for whatever this new Kuvexian War throws at us. YE 39 will probably be a difficult and interesting year for us," Hanako told Natsumi.

Hangar

The snowy haired neko nodded in response to Hanako's comment. "I'm sure whatever surprises await us, we will meet them head on" Natsumi said. "I will get together with Mehitabel and have that roster for you as soon as is possible" she smiled.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back