• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Post Mission 3]: R&R (Rest and Rations)

"Tell me ma'am..." Jack watched her, not relaxing after having been prepared for an attack during her entire speech "...I don't need you advising me on combat." He said.

Jack kept analyzing his situation as he spoke. If he had dragged her down then by the Chief's rules, they both would have lost: he would have "retreated" and she would have "advanced" against the Chief's specific instructions. It would have most likely ended with him getting chewed out by his superiors for being a "stupid boot" who obviously had no idea what it was that he was doing.

"Ma'am, have you ever killed somebody?" He asked.

Arrogant bastard. Everyone consantly imporves his fighting. She wanted to help him and he just says this. And then there is the question? What good would it do for him if she killed anyone? They are in training.

"Even though I have no obligation to do so, I will answer you." she said with slow calm voice. "Yes, yes I killed. I am a marine. Marine gets into combat and fights. He fights and he kills. It is part of the job."

"I didn't ask if you had simply killed, ma'am." Jack said "I know about the Mishu but I had asked if you had killed somebody as in humans." Jack clarified "Homo Sapiens." He said.

At the end he delivered to quick jabs for her defensive arms, nothing meant to cause damage but to keep her in limbo between the talking which they were now doing and the actual combat.

Jabs didn't cause Alex by surprise. She was ready for him to attack, she herself though about suddenly attacking just a while ago. She didn't even moved seeing his attacks won'T do much damage. She just moved her hands few centimeters back as a reaction and then put them back, when his attack was over.

She then shaked her head. "You know what? Sod off. We are training and unless you plan to talk NMX to death, you should focus on that." she said, and a little of anger was back. She then moved as fast as she could, turning to the right a little and striking hard with her left fist at his face. It was fast and she was balanced. Chief said fist-fight, then she is going to fight with her fists.

Jack wasn't caught by surprise from the punch, in fact it proved his plan was at least affecting her a little, and that his talking was getting her angry. The punch was deflected by leaning to the side and catching her arm on the inside with the outside of his own, pushing it to the side before she recovered and sending an upper-cut for her stomach a mere moment after he had pushed her blow aside.

The Master Chief had returned with the Ripper, or what's left of it. The Mishhu pod was missing an arm and a leg. The both of them had an unfortunate run in with a Red Hill transport's overeager Point Defence gunner. However, up to that point Fian had been observing the small fights on the deck remotely. Landing on the deck was tricky, but no more trickier than say... Landing wile carrying a disabled ELEMENTAL. He returned the Ripper with the engineering crew and switched over to loudspeakers to shout over the meleeing masses.

"ALL RIGHT, PUT IN YOUR LAST BLOWS AND FALL IN!"

When Chad tripped over the strategically placed foot of the Aggressor, he landed on his face, and this was expected. He had been waiting for this critical embarrassing moment this whole period and now it had come at this moment. He knew Anselm was probably cracking up under that helmet, but felt a little better as he watched the marine get pelted in the back of the head by "random guy trying to beat Chad up #2".

But luckily, MC Fian, who he now knew was his main commanding officer, had come back with the Ripper Chad helped to trash. He heard the Chief yell about wrapping it up for now. Chad took advantage of the situation, picking up both knives, walked away to put them away like a kindergartner. "I'll take care of this stuff man", he yelled back at Anselm as he hurried away.

Alexandra's enemy was unbelievably fast. He deflected her hit like it was nothing and attacked her. She got hit into stomach and sent back. She knew she will have to make a step back, which meant she also lost. At least she was balanced enough to not fall. Well it was just a training. Plus a meaningles fist-fight, but she wanted to do one last thing. As she started moving back, she reached with her right hand and tried to caught Haydens attacking hand and take him with her.

It will only be a step or two, but if she will be succesful he will know, that she made him make a step too.

Jack felt his punch connect, and in comparison to all the glancing blows and near misses that he and his opponent had been delivering: Jack knew that he had come away with the win when he heard the blade start to grind against the metal of the floor from the weight of a retreating power armor. Then he felt her grab him by his wrist in an attempt to tug him forward, a symbolic thing in an attempt to show that she was still senior even if he had won the actual sparring practice. He resisted long enough to utter a few words as they both remained in this unstable pose.

"If you insist ma'am." Jack said.

Jack was grinning under his helmet as he suddenly flung himself forward, assisting Alex in her pulling attempt so that they both ended up on the floor with Jack using his arms to prop himself over her power armor.

"We should do this more often, ma'am." Jack said.

Viktor Kingston was quite honestly also surprised at the relative success of his consistent push, but that was how the Squids- if they were intelligent- would play it. Always push forward, onward, and crush through any opposition. That was how they worked, how they thrived in combat: push straight through the lines, murder anything that gets in the way, never stopping for anything except the occasional death. P1C Kingston was doing his best to emulate this style of combat.

His foot lashed out for a second blow at Sean's skull, but missed, having swung too late. Turning around in midair was a mite bit difficult, and the VOID only managed to half-turn having not been prepared for this outcome and only using forward thrusters would not help. So he drew in his limbs in a defensive falling posture, ready to lash out, chainsword crossed over the small shield on his left arm and legs curled close to the base of his armor, but not quite a perfect fetal position.

Alex was wondering why he did what he did. She also knew that she should let him while he held her for that second to say what he said. If she would let him go, she would just make few steps backwards. Now he went with her and fell on her and they ended up on the ground. And it was bloosy embarrasing.

"Could you please get off me and sod off?" asked Alex and started him pushing him to side. She then stood up and took her knife from the ground. She should help technical staff with something later. It was pretty stupid stabbing knives into deck.

She then looked at Hayden. "Okay, you are pretty good in hand to hand. I have to admit that. You have lighting reflexes and I think you have good chance against regular Ripper. But next time, when you are supposed to train with Ripper you train with Ripper and not attack its operator? Is that clear?" She told him. Her voice was not angry but it was not happy either.

"You mean you fell for that?" Jack asked as he retrieved the second knife.

He left it at that and instead simply holstered the knife and headed for the Chief after his order to fall in. Jack jogged over to the man and when he was in front of him he snapped to attention with a salute.

"P3C Jack Hayden, combat medic: reporting for duty, sir!" Jack belted out the well practiced line.

Jet would take a moment to shout at the soldier that produced the chainsword, telling them to get up; put it away and pay attention to the superior officer that'd just ordered them to stop it and turn attention on him. She'd remain off to the side but offered Fian a lazy salute from where she was before crossing her arms over her chest again to listen to what was going to go down.

As Chad was walking back to stand at attention, he had this sudden urge to hit that Hayden guy in the back of the head for impertinence. So as he was getting into line to listen to the MC, he popped Jack in the head for being a goober.

The Master Chief inspected the panting lineup before him and gave approving nods to Lucas, Chad and Jack. He also noticed Anselm's mangled arm and Jet's belated arrival, these he will deal with one on one later. "Pretty cool moves, greenhorns. But you're all just lucky your seniors aren't fully recovered from Rok'Veru." Fian snapped his fingers to turn off Training Mode. "That's it for today. To those that didn't just shuttle in earlier, you'll have three days to get your new cybernetic parts properly attached to your body before we resume training again. Check in with the Medibay if there are any problems."

"Everyone else except P3C Lucas Vanguard, P3C Chad Skwigleff and P3C Jack Hayden, you are all DISMISSED!" The MC gestured forcefully with one arm to emphasize the finality of that order. Once the vets had filed away, he then turned to the remaining three, still impassive behind his PA's faceplate.

"I'm afraid the three of you have not earned the right to free afternoons until you actually face the enemy!" He bellowed while using yet again another rank-specific authority to reduce the P3Cs PA nano-musculare to transfer responsibility of almost all of the suit's weight to the pilot, any movement under this burden would be slow and excruciating. Any combat grade systems have been powered down as well with the exception of communications. "You'll not be let out of the suits until you make ten rounds around the deck. Don't try to be smart and run, you'll only hurt something. Walk."

"P3C Hayden, you get an extra three rounds. That kind of back talk can get you killed even outside of battle. This is for your own good." Fian paused the drill sergeant routine to deliver the above very very solemnly.

"Well what are you maggots waiting for? I haven't got all day. MOVE IT!"

Damn Chad thought, 10 laps is gonna suck total nuts, man. But, Chad took off even with the extra wieght, and smacked the kiss up that had to do extra laps again as he walked past.

Neither attempts at insult had been much to Jack, the first being a simple slap, while the second was delivered under almost impossible weight that made it almost as effective as attempting to take on a Ripper with a sticky-note...painful, ineffective, and possibly amusing to some observers. Jack shrugged it off and started walking around the deck.

Why Chad had tried to hit Jack was a mystery to the ID-SOL, it didn't really make sense. The man who had absolutely failed in hand-to-hand save for one lucky moment that he must have been reveling in right now suddenly thought that he had a good reason to hit Jack over the head. If Jack hadn't cared about getting more laps he would have planned to get Chad back somehow.

Jack brushed this thought to the back of his mind and simply kept walking his laps around the deck with slow but steady steps under the weight of the armor.

Fell for it? FELL FOR IT? Alex got angered in mere moment again. She suppresed temptation to stab that bastart into head and lined up. SHe was furious, but she was not looking for problem. She listened what MC had to say adn took off.

SHe walked to the Anselm. "How is it going chalk?" She greeted him. "How is you cyberarm? Want me to have a look at that?" She wanted to work to get that guy out of her head. She put him on her hate-list and he is going to stay there. She ven though about going to one of sergeant about his impertinence and breaking rules of training, but she didn't want to look as crybaby.

Sean was in the middle of pushing off as hard and fast as he could with his P/P system and thrusters combined when the MC yelled at them that they were done. He did his best to avoid Kingston while decelerating, and landed, offering his hand before making his way out of the bay (post-desuiting, of course).

Anselm was in the middle of popping the seams around his Aggressor's damaged arm when Alex walked up to him offering her assistance. The marine gave Private Sitkeas a sidelong glance with his black and red cybernetic eye before returning to his efforts at prying apart the armor with one hand and a crowbar. Without his helmet, the clone's scars shone in the harsh light of the bay.

"Uh, yeah, sure, I could do with getting this done a bit faster," he grinned as one of the expensive parts on his ruined arm gave a satisfying snapping noise, "...you get some trouble from the newbies too?" he asked, refering to P3C Hayden, more than a little smug that Alex had suffered the young marine's cock-suredness for stealing him from Anselm's ministrations.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back