Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Post USO X Heartbreaker Crossover] Party on Ee'ee

Ee'ee
Spacecase would come out from his ship a Junker close by carrying a reactor following close by him. He made his way to the queen. When he reached her he would kneel and have his Junker do the same, or as close to as it could. "I apologise for my tardiness your royal highness but transport of the reactor is a very delicate process. Where would you like me to bring the reactor?"
Spacecase would remain kneeling with his head bowed until he would be told otherwise.

Tsukisaki nodded, responding less animatedly than Uso had. "Agreed. The Ambassadors have been quite helpful, and our relationship has led to many new discoveries for Yamatai." She began to ponder the timetable for this meeting, before the Queen continued. "...I assume we will be meeting her after this hunt?" She did seem curious, eyebrows lifting upwards just slightly. Valesti once more had to agree with her counterpart, nodding thoughtfully again. "If your aides or Ambassadors could provide us with the proper information, we can return to our ship and prepare for the hunt. Volunteers?"

The Captain turned towards her crew, as several immediately spoke up. She had a feeling most of them would jump at this chance to prove themselves. And work with the outsiders again...possibly show them up...

Thi-Thi glanced down at Spacecase, appearing confused as he offered her a reactor. "Reactor?" she asked. "What are you doing bringing me delicate, power generating machines? Give it back to your leader, Uso. Or arrange to give it to Ithee. I've no interest in such things." The queen seemed slightly soured already by Spacecase's entrance, making a point of stepping past him to address the others.

"I'm truly glad to see that many of you are eager to partake in this hunt. I shall allow you time to prepare aboard your vessels," she spoke. "When you are ready, meet me and my children in the old city over yonder." Thi-Thi extended a forelimb to point to the distant, abandoned city to the East. "The only rule that I shall place is that you limit your weaponry to those of close-quarters. Once we are finished with this hunt, you can go to visit Ee'ith. She keeps her home to the West." With her other arm, the queen pointed to the distant lake, with its various structures.

"You see, I have planned all of this with convenience in mind!" Thi-Thi said with amusement, a snorting sound emitting from her abdomen; presumably laughter. "When at last your two tasks here have been complete, you are welcome to explore our home at your leisure." Pausing, the queen glanced skyward, then back at her children, before finally gazing back at the guests. "Provided there's nothing more you wish to discuss here, I shall take my leave and allow you to prepare. It has been good to meet and greet, alien friends."

Alex looked up at Thi Thi for a moment before speaking hesitantly.

"Excuse me, err... Miss, I don't have a weapon particularly suitable for close quarters. Might your people have one that I can use for the hunt?"

Alex looked down slightly.

"Also, would you mind if I brought my craft, the one depicted in the plaque given to me?"

Ee'ee
Unfazed by the Queen's treatment of him Spacecase would stand back up and start making his way to find the Ithee. As he passed Alex he would nudge him. "I have a some extra weapons on my ship you can look through them if you want."

He would then mutter to himself. "Guess I'm not very good with people."

He would send a quick message to Uso. "What is this hunt thing? It sounds interesting, would you mind if I helped?
-Spacecase"

Kiko nodded to herself. She hadn't been given explicit permission to view any food prep, but Thi-Thi did give them all freedom to explore once the tasks given were completed. She was excited to say the least.

She was excited to say the least. This was her chance for real, true social interaction, which was where she really shined. She'd have to bring more hot chocolate, Sally seemed to of enjoyed it..

"Likewise," Uso said with a smile towards Thi-Thi herself.

She would then give a slight nod towards Spacecase as she headed back towards the ship.

"I uh... don't suppose any of you have any experience hunting?.. Regardless anyone who wants to join is welcome to come along. From what I gathered 'close quarters' probably means knives, spears, crossbows... anything low tech... not like we have a fabricator onboard anyways... I've got some knives and I suppose you could fashion a spear from what is in the kitchen..."

Ee'ee
Geometric City

Takeshi tried to replicate the look of beaming with pride, which mostly consisted of thrusting his chest out and tilting his head back slightly. He was starting to really feel like one of them. Much of that was due to Skade and their friendship. He had learned much from their intimate exploration.

Skade bumping into him startled him. He looked down at her and felt the warmth in his chest return. At some point, he would have to tell her exactly how he felt. Maybe during this free time, he could explain how much she meant to him. "I would enjoy spending time with you in private," Takeshi answered, playfully squeezing her butt.

The queen's voice silenced him. The android was puzzled by the idea of actually hunting for food. There were much easier ways to get sustenance. He was about to inform the queen of this when Kiko blurted out a question. That was time enough for Takeshi to realize the folly of questioning a monarch's actions. If he was allowed to participate he would bring a spear, he decided.

Meanwhile, Corgan was making little progress getting over his fear of Thi-Thi. He was starting to look visibly uneasy. The announcement of a hunt helped, but meeting another I'ee queen wasn't at the top of his list of things to do. He silently cursed Uso for accepting. Maybe the hunt would relax him enough to deal with more insectoids.

Corgan shrugged at Uso. "Can't be any harder than hunting rival gang members through the streets of Funky City. Unless you think a monomolecular vibroblade is overkill?"

Ee'ee
Having delivered the reactor to the Ithee Spacecase would join the group. "If we need weapons I have plenty of small arms on my ship and I might have some weapons. I know I have a few throwing knives."

Ee'ee - Geometric City

Skade giggled at Takeshi’s touch. “Oh,” she said as she took hold of his arm and she leaned against him, “I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time for that kind of stuff, Saba-kun.” This’ll be fun, she thought, tail swinging in anticipation. He’s grown up a lot himself over the last few months and that process has been great. “Once the hunt’s done, we should go exploring this place. Who knows what’s in there.”

And who knows what we’re hunting. Sounds like everyone’s going though, she thought, smiling at Kiko’s excited attitude in particular.

“Wonder what I should get for a weapon,” the Neko said aloud, pursing her lips in thought. “Kind of depends on what we’re hunting. Would be kind of fun to use a warhammer or a halberd. What do you think, Takeshi-kun?”

Errowyn slipped aboard the shuttle as everyone began to scatter and pair up. She changed out of her duty uniform into something more durable for the upcoming hunt. As for martial skill with ancient weapons, the fighting dagger or knife was the only implanted martial skill that was very rusty do to the fact that close as she got within the reach of an opponent was within her Kawarime Aether cannons. Even though she did qualify high with her service pistol was at weapons qualification annually and when in port against a stationary target.

So, she would cheat and use a rifle. Let the others get mauled at their folly of their choices. At least she was proficient enough to at least kill with an energy rifle. Even though, she knew she couldn't keep up with the more active members of the group as most of her endurance was being patient to stay awake and alert on the long patrols in her Kawarime.

She exited the shuttle with a energy rifle borrowed from one of the Ragnorak Mercs, and Star Army blue skinsuit that pilots wore under their flight suit. It even had the YSS Hietien marking and her own squadron of the 21st Fighting Diamonds along with her name, rank, and nickname.

She was ready to sally forth. Even the utility belt around her waist carried a first aid kit, service pistol, YSS infantry fighting knife that was part of every pilots survival kit. She rejoined those that were going on The Hunt from Uso's Group.

Errowyn smiled softly at Cyrus to see what he planned to do. Maybe they could slip off someplace private for some personal time...

~~ "Now you're thinking...~~ One of her ghost sisters spoke up dreamily.

~~ "She needs to be focused so she don't make a fool of herself..." Second ghost sister snorted.

~~ "This is going to be interesting.... But no contest against high powered ranged weapons ..~~ Third ghost sister spoke up.

~~ "Cork it." ~~ Errowyn mouthed the words silently as she thought them to her ghost sisters ~~ "I may just take pictures of the beasties that we're going to hunt." ~~

... She smiled at that thought. As there was time to switch out the weapon for a camera. Or go get one. She nodded and scampered back aboard the shuttle and dug through the gear till she found one. A Small digital camera with a good telescope lens for the long range pictures.

Jay, having been waiting in the shuttle, exited and walked nonchalantly over to Alex. "I don't think I should be doing this. What's the point of staying in the shuttle if I'm just gonna come out anyway?" Said Jay. "Any one of those Yamataians could sell me out, and I doubt these 'I'ee' would take kindly to a black ops team on their homeworld."

Last edited:
Alex looked at Jay funny, as if he had said something totally crazy.

"First, I really don't think that Yamatians are the type to sell anyone out, and I don't think there're black ops teams anywhere near here. I don't know what you did in the past, but I doubt its worth this much worry."

Alex tried, and failed, to provide a reassuring pat on the back to Jay.

"It'll be fine."

"I hope you're right about this." Jay half-mumbled. "Anyways, I think we'll need to have a talk at some point about how I might escape my past, if you catch my drift."

Ee'ee - Geometric City

Hasewega didn't seem to say or move much as the Thi-Thi finished up her talk and seemed ready to leave. She simply stood back in formation and gazed forward with a bit of scowl. While she seemed to look forward to the hunt, she had doubts that most of the USO crew would be sporting about it. She'd have to keep her eyes open in case one of them tried to smuggle in something. Still, it had a been a while since she got to practice some Iaido and at least this hunt could help sharpen her edge.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back