• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Bounty Hunts Prologue 2 - A New Flight, and a New Fight

Scot

Inactive Member
Somewhere on the net, a post was made.

Code:
“Let me say this straight, I want John McRenar dead.  2,000 KS to the one that kills him.

He is going to be on the Starliner Flight 11524b heading from Nepleslia Prime to Fortuna next week.  I have included a code in this message, show it to the security personnel to get by the security checkpoint with... lighter security search.  Once the job is done, send an encrypted message to the enclosed address and someone will meet you for payment arrangements.  Please have something that can identify the dead man so the proper person may be payed.”

A program noticed the post and flagged it, sending out a mass email to it's subscribers. Someplace, a bar or a data pad maybe, brings up the message for someone to read. Someone pressed the message to close and went about their business.

A Starliner affectionately known as “Joyride” by the staff, flies through deep space traveling place to place. The passenger cabin is divided into three parts, the two sides and the center. Between the flight sections is the flight attendants patrolling the lanes making sure the passengers were being attended to, and every now and then a passenger was heading to relive himself in a labeled restroom. The lights were dim, allowing for passengers to sleep and adapt to the time schedule of the planet they were traveling to. Among the passengers was mostly tourists and businessmen on holiday

Somewhere on the Starliner is the man John McRenar, hidden among the many passengers of tourists and businessmen. It only took a little bit of research to find out that he was a middle aged Nepleslian with peach colored skin, short brown hair, 2 inch beard, and brown eyes.

There was an elderly man reading a datapad about the news, the headline was “Gartagens Give Neko 'Sandy Fish'”

A couple of young lovebirds using the travel as a way of getting away from their parents, but also as a way to escape the local authorities after their casual robbery spree. Their current bounty is a mere 50 DA. Their conversation was about how much fun they were going to have with the money they have, and a new attraction that had just opened up.

A Nepleslian middle aged man and a university student was having a conversation about Nepleslian politics. “I think we should do something with the lower class, I don't understand how the government could allow illegal trafficking to take place.”

“Generally they don't,” the older man attempted to explain, “However there are only so much manpower available, and not to mention the Mishu and whatever monsters out there in space wanting to kill us. I am for one grateful for the military power our nation holds.”

“Don't you think it's a problem though?” countered the young adult, “A lot of local news stories seem to be Nepleslian made disasters, ranging from bounty hunters to criminals. If living standards were better in the cities, we probably wouldn't have such a high crime rate when compared to other nations.”

The man nodded in agreement, “I fully understand and would like to agree with you. What you suggest would otherwise take resources away from other things, maybe if you become a senator you will understand what I'm trying to say...”

Meanwhile on the bridge, a blip appeared on a scanner before the screen went black. The operator blinked and witnessed that his screen appeared to be normal. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating on that brandy he had a few hours ago during his break.

“Are you ok, Donovan?” asked a Yamatain operator.

“Ya, everything normal,” Donovan replied, “probably just a power surge from a bad wire causing the screen to flicker. Sometimes I wish I was flying for the military, at least those guys get maintained every time they park ya know?”

The operator nodded, “I understand, let's do a quick check to make sure nothing was harmed during the surge then,” as the operator suggested this, he was fiddling with a small flash-drive-like-object behind his back...

“We are now invisible captain,” announced a pilot of a shuttle. He was a dark-skinned Abwehran male, who was a very good man to have for flying ships with his second set of appendages. His goggles were down and had a large weapon leaning on a console nearby.

“Yarr Capt'n! Seem's me po'gram has worked in makin' yarr sensors spoof us gone Capt'n! This be good time to board thar Joyride Capt'n!” Said their relative Freespacer suggested, seemingly excited for his program to have worked.

A Nepleslian woman smiled, “Good, when we connect send the silent signal to begin the plan.” She stood up and took a step towards the view screen while holding up her hand with the Starliner in her grasp, “Let's open her up boys. Crack it open and see what comes out!”

The young Separa'Shan silently sat in her chair, her long tail going back through the aisle. Those codes worked perfectly and now she was on the bloody ship. People letting her on it, thought she was a marshal. In fact she was there to kill some scum-bag. At least she hoped he was a scum-bag. Not that it mattered, he had to die. And if he won't be too xenophobic, it should not be too hard. She just needs to get her somewhere where they will be alone.

The Separa'Shan's name was Kendra and she was being quite exotic in Nepleslian space. Half long constricting snake and half beautiful girl. She wore her leather jacket, with Styrling every day under it. Around her hips was a purple sash, wide enough to hide a belt and holstered handgun under it. Her giant stuffed bear was in over-head compartment.

The bear was something she hoped she won't have to use at all, as it housed her bow and automatic shotgun. The bow and its arrows had its own case she usually had over her back, but this time they had to go in the bear. Kendra looked around, over the rows of chairs with people in them. On the seconds thought, she had not idea how she could get alone with her target. That seemed impossible.

Sighing she sat up, slithering her way to the restrooms. She needed to find him first anyway and it was good time to check the restrooms themselves.

"Maybe I could... no... that won't work at all."

A young Nepleslian was musing to himself as he tapped his pencil against his journal. He sighed frustratingly to himself, "Damn it, will I ever finish?" He closed the leather-bound journal, and scanned the section again, searching once again for a man by the name of John McRenar. Someone wanted him dead, and he was happy to oblige, as long as proper cash was offered.

Nicholas Clarke had boarded the ship easy enough, after flashing the code provided by the one offering the bounty to security. He had his pistol tucked in a pocket on the inside of his long black coat, with pouches holding clips, and a few spare batteries for his sniper, which was stored guitar case above him. The cloak also did well at hiding the set of body armor he was wearing. He shifted in his seat again, he had yet to spot his target, and he was anxious to get started.

He opened his journal again, and rubbed his chin, "Maybe I could add some dragons... or..." He started musing again to himself, while continuing to scan the passengers, searching for John McRenar.

"We are going to have so much fun darling!" The teen girl exclaimed while throwing herself into the arms of her man, "I am so glad to run into you! Your the bestest boyfriend ever!"

"Ah shucks, I just did the shooting. It was your plan lovebug," replied the boy as he fell for her swooning. Far far back into his mind he was a little worried about IPG finding out they robbed 1,000 one use DA cards which his teen mind pushed away easily when there is a girl in his arms.

The girl looked up from her hugging just in time to see Kendra slither by, and to see something flash from under the sash. She thought for a second that she might just be stressed, but the stress got worse when she noticed it was half snake. Her eyes grew wide and she began to panic before the boy said something. She quickly faced him with a happy face, "What suger muffin? I was thinking back to last night..." before smooching him, mostly to keep herself in check.

The door to the restroom opened and a Yamatain woman who looked to be in her 40's and was wearing office attire, left the restroom while letting out a sigh after the 10 minute long powdering session she had after utilizing the equipment within and looked up to see a young lady come into view. She smiled as she started to walk past the girl remembering her youth when she remembered the times she rushed to the restroom on a long spaceflight. Her foot bumped into something and she looked down to see a tail attached to whom she thought was Nepleslian. However she had developed a fear of snakes in her childhood and fainted on the spot. She was found later by a little boy who poked at her with a stick who was carried away by an adult. A flight attendant was finally informed and resurrected the lady so she could get back to her seat.

Sitting next to Clarke was a middle aged man with a mustache, and an elder looking man with dark sunglasses. The middle-aged man was looking at his datapad. glancing up at Clarke now and then feeling small and insecure as he compared himself to the bounty hunter. Between the middle-aged man and Clarke was the dark sunglasses elderly man. He was rather amused by his neighbor’s reaction and turned to his left and bumped his arm with Clarke's to get his attention. The man chuckled and tapped and said, "I sense you have a formidable spirit mister, I pray your not here to kill anyone." He began to chuckle to himself, but not in a mean way. The man really just wanted some form of conversation.

Kendra slithered into the toilet and went ahead and really use it. An almost acrobatic deed, but one she was well used to by now. Washing her hands she thought about what to do. Her face was in the mirror and she noticed the lack of make-up. She was worried about passing as marshal that she did not even put a lip-stick on and it was driving her mad. She cannot even look good while doing this job. With sigh she washed her face and used paper towels to wipe them.

Killing John McRenar was not the troublesome part, finding him was. Kendra did not even knew if he was logged on the flight under that name. She could not even pose as marshal as she had not badge or anything, just proper codes that got her on the flight. In other words she was way over her head. It was no use wondering about it here, it would draw even more attention to her if she would spend too much time in the bathroom.

Slithering out she made her way out of the restroom and back to her seat. Along the was she noticed something. First there was this glance she was given by the girl from the young pair. Maybe it was nothing, but it was as if the girl was keeping an eye on her. Was she one of the marshals? Real ones? No, she was too young.

Then there was the guy in the black coat. Who kept wearing a heavy black coat inside a star-liner unless he wanted to hide something under it. Most likely a gun. Kendra wondered if it might McRenar after face-lift, but the guy was way too young. Most likely a marshall ot maybe just a crook who likes to have a gun on himself.

Kendra sat down in her seat against, smiling at the person next to her. "Oh thesssse long flightss." She said, prolonging S's as part of her accent. "One needsss to ssstretch her tail." She joked.

Nicholas was pulled out of his musings by the elderly man's talk. "No, just here for the ride." Is he on to me? That fast? He almost returned to thinking aloud when he caught a look from another passenger. He almost mistook her for a Nepleslian, but a serpent tail replaced where the legs should have been. That's not something you see everyday, a Separa-Shan. He stayed silent for a moment as his brain jumped through ideas, and exclaimed, "Snakes! That'll do fine!" He returned to his writing excitedly, ignoring his surroundings for the moment.

The Separa'shan might have noticed 5 men who fit the description on her way back to the seat. 1 further up front, 3 in the middle seats, and 1 in the far back.

The woman next to Kendra smiled, though she had trouble understanding her and took her a minute to respond, "I know I know, these seats also ruin my hair." The dark haired Yamatain fussed over her hair for a second before asking her neighbor, "Where are you from? I can't seem to place your accent..."

Meanwhile, Nicholas's disguised search saw about 3 who fit McRenar's picture, at least from the back of the head. 1 about two chairs down from himself seemed like a good match. The blind man seemed to give up on a conversation and turned to his neighbor to talk about price inflation of something during the Mishu invasion.

"Yes, yes, right. Try to get it resolved," said the Captain to his comm unit. He rubbed his eyes and yelled out from his chair, "Bring us out of hyperspace! It seems there is a problem the engineers need to resolve."

"Hai!" the Yamatain pilot responded as he worked on the panel to bring them back into normal space and start up the slower STL drive.

The Captain then activated a comm to the passengers to make an announcement, "Attention passengers, there seems to be a small mechanical problem with one of the drives. Nothing serious, the guys down under say it happens all the time with long flights and should be fixed shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience, a assure you we are still on time, out."

Unknown to the Joyride was another ship entering STL, moving itself close to the Starliner. A few figures left the perfectly good spaceship to jump off toward the Starliner, making their way to the engineering and bridge deck sections.

Kendra was getting a bit nervous. How was supposed she find out which one of the 5 men she noticed was McRenar. It would be good if she had the passanger list, if he even used his own name. Just shotting all 5 men would not work. Maybe talking to them?

No that would work, only if she could identify the right McRenar. Like this she could not go around talking 5 men. It would be bad. Kendra sighed in a long 'Sssssssssss' her tongue with split end moved out of her mouth for a moment. She stood up and opened the above-head comportment reaching into her stuffed bear luggage. She made sure to open it only a little so no once could see a automatic shotgun inside. She just wanted her make-up.

She took that, closed her bear and the compartment. She then took the mirror out of her make-up kit and pretended to check her face. In reality she was using the mirror trying to get a good look at some of the five men she noticed.

Hmm, multiple matches... But only one is McRenar. Nicholas remained undisposed, still tapping his journal, shifting his view over his matches as he did so, waiting for a better I.D. on his Target.

His hand began idly scrawling ideas across the page, no taking no direction, a random heap of unrefined undeveloped ideas, Snakes showed up a few times among these. "Snakes... Hmm... From the floor... That sounds good." He was thinking aloud as he searched.

The bounty hunters searched for their target among the crowd when suddenly a feeling of unease overcame them. They noticed several people standing up from the crowd that pulled down their baggage from the overhead storage and pull out weapons. Most were handguns, but a couple of them had Styrling Ripshot's.

"Everybody hands up! Ya'll unlucky sons of a bitches are bein' robbed!" One of the gun wielding thugs toward the front of the cabin yelled as he fired a warning shot in the roof of the cabin.

"Everybody down!" yelled out someone and gunfire began to hail down on the gunmen. A confusing battle began between the Flight Marshals and the gunmen with civilians stuck in the center.

The four characters that left the ship had split up, two of them went to the engineering section and took over the ship's engine room. The other two headed for the bridge, and the airlock let them enter.

"Who authorized the airlock!" yelled out the Captain in surprise who suddenly felt cold plastic pushed into his back.

"I suggest you would be a little more quiet, sir," the Yamatain pilot whispered into the Captain's ear. "My finger tends to twitch whenever loud noises surprise me, and I hate to think you would let that happen."

The Captain looked frustrated as he lowered his hand for everyone on the bridge to stand down. They waited for the airlock to finish it's cycle as the battle began in the cabin.

"Oh my," Kendra commented the situation that was happening. This was a really bad turn of events. On one hand, if her target gets shot during this, no one will raise a fuss. But it will be harder for herself to not get killed, robbed or raped. And she could not get her bear so all she got was her pistol, knife and claws. Claws, a clip-on metallic nails. Long enough to give nasty scratch and able to slit someone throat, if she managed to grab them.

Keeping the head down, Kendra quickly put claws on her left hand. "Ssstay here madam," she said to older lady sitting next to her and drew her pistol. She slowly and quietly got of her chair looking down the aisle for any of the robbers. Her tail allowed her to keep very low, while moving at decent speed. She wanted to use it and get to the closest person that looked like McRenar.

Nicholas hit the floor, grunting out, "You have got to be joking." He yanked the two passengers down with him, "Get down!" Jamming his journal in his coat, he revealed his hand-gun, and slid a magazine in. The safety was already off, and he talked low and fast to the other two, "Always a good idea to have a gun, stay down."

Time to find McRenar. He scanned around him, trying to pick the Flight Marshalls from the Pirates, not wanting to fire at a Marshall. Nicholas brought his gun up, propping his back on one of the seats, and took a deep breath, "The fun begins..."

For a long while, Jacob had been fully immersed into his computer. He had been looking up records of John McRenar in an attempt to get better descriptions of him, as there were multiple possible matches in the room. Jacob, absorbed into his computer, was quickly pulled down by Helric right before the hail of gunfire commenced. Jacob quickly regained his senses and looked over at Helric for reassurance.

Jacob quickly and silently drew out his Burst Rifle from his backpack and slipped away his computer. He began scanning the room to differentiate between the Marshalls and the Pirates, so that he would not cause unnecessary casualties if he were to begin firing. Helric and Jacob made out a complete plan of action, and all it took was a simple nod.

Helric counted the number of clicks made by the sounds of opening compartments. Suspiciously, he looked back and his eyes widened slightly and the unlit cigar in his mouth nearly fell out. He cursed their luck in his mind and he grabbed Jacob, pulling him down as he heard someone nearby yell "Get down!" Suddenly the room was filled with the smell of smoke and the sound of pistols ringing out in unkind declaration of battle.

Helric quickly looked over Jacob, giving him a small bit of satisfaction knowing that his brother-in-arms was unharmed. He watched Jacob dig into his backpack to retrieve his Burst Rifle as he reached for his Styrling Silver Special, located in the holster at his hip. Glancing about, Helric found an empty soda can next to him on the floor, picked it up, and nodded to Jacob. A plan had been formed.

He deftly threw the empty soda into the vicinity of the robbers, and yelled "GRENADE!", smiling devilishly at the chaos that would soon ensue, watching it land out of the corner of his eye underneath a seat next to them. He jumped across the aisle to a pair of seats nearby, positioning himself closer to the goons as he fired off a couple of dead-eye shots at them on his way, aiming for their knees.

The Captain fidgeted slightly in his seat as the airlock hissed open, in response the gun dig harder into his back, "Stay still, sudden movements surprise me too."

Two figures emerged from the airlock, the Abwehran pilot in front, and the Pirate Captain followed closely. The Abwehran had a Styrling Auto 12 hanging from one of his arms, he immediately headed towards the Captain, "I hope you don't mind if I steal her for a while." He nodded at the Yamatarian operator, and she pulled the Captain out of the the chair, and held him upright, keeping the gun firmly planted on his back. The Abwehran made a few quick motions, and brought the engines off-line. "Dead in the water Captain."

At the mention of Captain, the Nepleslian woman, clad in a long leather jacket, much like pirates mentioned in stories for children. She had a Styrling Ripshot hanging from her left arm, and two short swords strapped on both sides of the waist. She walked up to the Captain, bringing her face close to his, "I hope we don't have any problems, or our boys down in engineering might have a surprise for you. Now, how about you tell those Flight Marshalls to stand down?" She winked as she said the last part, She then turned and looked at the passenger list, searching for a single name...

=====================================================

The woman made no response as Kendra slithered away, she was lost in her mind as she curled into a ball, whispering to herself, "It's ... j-just a d-dr-dream. I'll.. w-wake u-u-up." As Kendra moved up the aisle, a pirate pair stepped out, several rows ahead, and set their sights on Kendra. Just as they were readied to fire, someone yelled, "GRENADE!" The pirates dove forward, towards her. As they dove, a figure clad in a brown trench coat jumped through the aisle, obscuring Kendra's sight for a brief moment. When the person landed among the seats on the opposing side, Kendra would see that both pirates were on the ground, clutching one of their legs. One of them, who had tumbled further than the other, laying just out of reach of her, managed to ignore the pain, and shakily aim his sidearm at Kendra.

The two passengers next to Nicholas reacted similarly to most other passengers, not believing their current situation, and refusing to believe it was happening. Nicholas left them be, he could not help them by comforting them, however, he could help by killing the pirates. He was about to peek around the seat when he saw a passenger nearby scoop up a soda-can, throw it, and call out loudly, "GRENADE!" He laughed to himself, Nice trick. Before Nicholas could continue with anything, the person jumped, fired, and landed on him. Nicholas quickly recovered, and put his handgun's barrel against the side of the passengers head. "You a pirate?" Nicholas realized the stupidity of the question after he asked, If he was a pirate, why would he fire at them. Definitely isn't a flight marshal, he would have started firing with them. He removed the barrel from the person's head, "I know you aren't a flight marshal, but you shot those pirates damn good. Name's Nicholas." Nicholas pointed his pistol towards the ground, still ready to fire.

Helric's shots rang true, as the pirates dove away from his "grenade". The first bullet struck the right pirate square in the knee, immediately destroying the joint, and rendering the limb useless. The pirate let out a pained screech and hit the floor, clutching the injured leg. The second bullet flew slightly astray from the target, and hit in the upper leg of the left pirate. The heavily built pirate grunted, and hit the deck, injured but not out. Helric landed in the center column of chairs, and slammed against another male Nepleslian in a black trench coat. The male grunted as Helric hit him. Soon after, Helric would feel the cool metal of a gun barrel, accompanied by a voice, "You a pirate?" Before Helric could answer, the cool gun barrel left his skin, "I know you aren't a flight marshal, but you shot those pirates damn good. Name's Nicholas."

Jacob would see Helric execute his part of their "plan". However, upon looking at Helric, he would notice a man in a black trench coat, much like Helric's, pointing a gun at Helric's head, though he could see the other man's face, and knew that he had no intention of pulling the trigger. He would also see the gun withdraw from Helric's head soon afterwards, he could see the man talking, but wouldn't be able to hear him over the gunfire, and screams.

Jacob had enough of watching, since the first part of the plan had just been executed. Jacob propped around the side of the seat and began firing quick, short, and accurate bursts at any pirate that realized the grenade was fake. He aimed for their arms, so that they would be unable to fight back. Due to the fact that his gun was fully equipped with suppressors, the pirates did not know that Jacob was the one shooting the weapon. All of their attention remained focused on Helric.

Kendra hissed at the man who landed before her. Her left hand lashed out trying to push the gun down into the ground, while her right clawed him over the face with her clip-on claws. Kendra had no desire shotting or killing. She just wanted him out of the way. She wondered who is that hot-blooded guy that started attacking the bandits. He was of no importance though. Target was McRenar. She just had to find him now in all this chaos. That is, if she manages to get this bastard of a bandit out of her way.

Helric raised an eyebrow at the coldness of the barrel of the gun against his temple and chuckled at the question of whether he was a pirate or not. As the man called Nicholas lowered the gun from his head, he turned to him when the man followed up with his introduction, "I know you aren't a flight marshal, but you shot those pirates damn good. Name's Nicholas." He glanced down at the Nicholas' lowered gun and replied, "Well, Nicholas, it's not very polite to greet someone with a gun against their head." He clapped him on the shoulder in a friendly greeting, "Given the circumstances, though, I think I'll be able to let this one slip. Nice to meet you, I'm Helric. Over there.." Helric nodded towards his partner. "He's Jacob. If we get out of this, and we will, we'll have a proper introduction. But in the meantime..." He then lifted his two-toned handgun and looked in the direction of the pirates. "Any bright ideas?"

The sudden turn of events was rather ironic for Desmond. He had changed his mind from a few seconds as he was considering waiting until McRenar was out of the starliner so he could take him out because the ship was just /so/ crowded. That was then, now if he could only find the man. He was sure that in the middle of the firefight no one would notice someone else going down, and anyone could easily argue that it was a stray shot.

It took him a while to react once the firefight started, though, fumbling with the safety belt from his seat and taking cover behind the seat in front of him, crouching down and taking his sidearm from inside his jacket. He instantly regretted not wearing his armored vest, which was safely stored away with his heavier guns in the above-head compartment inside a duffel bag, instead choosing to wear civilian clothes so he would blend in easier with the crowd, something simple like jeans and a leather jacket over a white shirt.

No matter, the choice was already made for him.

He switched the safety off his pistol and pulled the slide back so there would be a bullet in the barrel like he had practiced. He remembered the several sections he had spent training aboard the private security cutter during his short career. "Peek out of cover, don't expose yourself", "Heads down, guns forward", "If it's clicking like that, you gotta reload" and several other tips the security personnel had given him.

Desmond peeked out his cover, watching the aisle and heard someone yelling next to him, then saw two armed people go down; Pirates. He didn't need to do a lot of math to know that all the heat would be coming on his general direction very soon. His gaze turned back to where the person who pitched the soda can and now saw the man crouching next to another with a black trench coat.

Not pirates

He waved at them from behind the weak cover or his seat, hoping that they wouldn't shoot him thinking he was a pirate. Normally he wouldn't do that, but if he could put more people between him and a mob of angry pirates the better.

"Well, get to it!" The Yamatarian operator shoved the Captain towards the intercom, "Get those Marshalls off our back."

The Captain stood next to the station, and stared at the button for the intercom, glowering at it. "I will not help you commit evil deeds, pirate filth."

The Captain's world exploded into lights, and sharp intense pain, as he slumped against the console. "I didn't ask you to help, I demanded it." The Pirate Captain was standing, looking down at the Captain, with one of her short swords out of the scabbard. "Now, call off the Marshalls, or me and you can have a bit of fun." She didn't look the slightest bit amused.

As the Ship Captain slowly shook off the pain, she called over to the Yamatarian operator, "Where is he? He should be here..."

"Don't worry, I'm here." A middle aged Nepleslian with short brown hair, a short beard, and brown eyes emerged from the bottom half of the bridge. "I was busy helping our friends down in engineering."

At the sound of his voice, the Captain turned and smiled winningly, "Nice of you to join us, John. How are things in engineering?"

John laughed, "Those engineers surrendered immediately, and the charge is ready to go. Have the marshalls stopped yet, Kara?"

"About that..." The pirate captain, Kara, looked to the ship's Captain, "... we are having trouble with him." John walked up to the ship Captain, "Why don't you help us out, faster this gets done, the less people get hurt. You don't want people to die, right?"

Kendra's left hand deftly swiped the handgun from the injured pirate. As the gun fell, the shock of hitting the floor triggered a bullet to fire, and it grazed Kendra's side, though the vest prevented any injury from the stray round, it would still sting. Her swipe caused the pirate to flinch backwards, making Kendra's right claws only graze across his face, opening several shallow cut wounds spanning from cheek to cheek, crossing over the nose. Although it was not fatal, it still stung... a lot. The pirate roared with anger, and lunged at Kendra, attempting to grab her in his rage.

Nicholas chuckled, "Nice to meet you, Helric." He glanced at the ensuing firefight around them. There were many more pirates than flight marshalls, for every marshall there was roughly three pirates. "Well, I'm not here to kill pirates, but I have nothing against it. I'm looking for someone. What are..." He was sidetracked by seeing a man a few rows back waving, What does he want? Nicholas's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a grunt of pain. When he looked over, Helric's partner, Jacob, had been hit. "Oh damn..."

Helric would hear Nicholas, "Nice to meet you Helric. Well, I'm not here to kill pirates, but I have nothing against it. I'm looking for someone." He would also see man a few rows back waving at them, the man didn't look as if he was threatening them. However, he would also hear the grunt of pain from his partner, and Nicholas muttering, "Oh damn..."

Though Jacob's gun was suppressed, it did not prevent the pirates from simply looking at him and firing their weapons. As he popped out to fire, a pirate, standing several rows ahead, noted the motion, raising his Ripshot to fire. As Jacob fired his weapon, the pirate followed suit, the pair seemed oddly in sync with each other, like mirror images. Jacob would see the pirate drop his weapon, the assault rifle burst tore through the upper arm, rendering the limb virtually useless. At the same time, he would feel a bullets ping off his Styrling Armor, though a few found their way around the thick armor plating, and delved into the ballistic mesh in the vest. One of these bullets broke through the mesh, and tunneled through Jacob's upper right side of his torso, near his armpit. It wasn't a disabling wound, but it would hurt.

Desmond would see the man in the black coat talking with the man next to him, he may have been able to read their lips, but he could not hear what they were saying. The man in the black trench coat looked at him, and then look away, distracted by something else.. He might have followed the man's gaze to see a man getting shot nearby the pair.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back