• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Prologue, Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We do have plenty of chocolate!" Kotori chuckled, gave a nod Chigusa's way as her 'okay' to get started on the meal and then returned her eyes to the Raltian. "Tom, won't you at least join us for the main course? Dessert could wait to become the 'evening snack', seeing that this is the first day and all."

"Well, um, I was thinking of spending as much of my evening as possible in a non-cooking role," Tom said. "So better to finish it now rather than later."

The thought of Yukari gave him butterflies in his stomach, but the emotion was carefully hidden behind his smiling face.

"I was thinking of a simple chocolate cake. We have some instant mix in the back, so it should take no longer than 10 or so minutes to fix it up for baking. Hm... we also have some ice cream if you want to go simple. I can heat up some ready-made hot fudge. Really easy."

Chigusa smiled at Kotori.

"Thanks Freeman-heisho, I really do love your tuna steak."

She spread some the sauce across the Bruschetta and took a bite out of it.

"Mmmm!"

Chigusa was in heaven! This food was so good!

I can really get used to this. she thought.

"Ten minutes is enough for the meal to cool." Kotori replied as she selected a dish for herself. "I'd rather you relax and spend some time with us instead of spending most of dinnertime in your kitchen."

Kotori picked up her ustensils and couldn't help but smile at the aroma. "Itadakimasu."

"Bah, fine then."

Tom waved his hand dismissively and took a plate, putting on it a tuna steak as well as a couple slices of garlic bread with the tomato mix spread on top.

"Although, it is Raltish tradition for the cook to see to it that everyone is satisfied before feeding himself."

He wondered where to sit.

"Why thank you for the compliment... uh... I didn't get your name?" He looked to Chigusa.

"The tuna steaks smell delicious. You're skills as a chef are proving themselves to be more than adequate." Nyton said as he prepared to eat. The dinner chatter had been light and entertaining. This Chigusa girl seems to be coming across as competent. She's even taking her punishment with a good attitude. That's all it takes sometimes.

With a slight glance over to Mizuho he then focused on the food. She still hasn't mentioned what it was she wanted to talk about. Nyton thought before he brought some food to his mouth.

"Itadakimasu." Masako spoke before quietly sitting back and listening to the dinner conversations around her. Slowly, she began to pick at her meal with a delicate touch. Taking small bites of each type of food on her plate, the young neko smiled as she looked towards the blonde Yamataian cook/tech. "It's wonderful Freeman-Heisho, absolutely wonderful." the warrant officer spoke up before she began to eat normally, though still quietly compared to some of the other people around her.

"It's certainly doesn't beat stroganoff and spiced wine..." Leutre mumbled as he poked at one of the steaks with his finger. "But it's better than freeze dried rations. And that's good enough for me." Leutre clapped his hands together and murmured a quick prayer of thanks. With an upwards glance and a nod to his patron Goddess, he scooped up his utensils.

"You know, Chef," he said looking up at Tom, "You should look into making some stroganoff. Some ship grown mushrooms, sour cream, rice or noodles or kasha, and some tender beef or sausage. With a fine bottle of spiced wine or spirits it's to absolutely kill for. I literally mean it. I'd actually butcher someone if it meant a final meal of storganoff and spiced wine. It's that good." With a shrug he turned his attention back to his plate and began to poke at his food.

Chigusa turned to Leutre. "In that case, please remind me not to ever get between you and stroganoff."

She continued to eat for a minute, then looked up to Masako after swallowing.

"You're very polite, ma'am. That's a commendable quality. I apologize for not being the same this evening, but the food is just so delicious..."

She was hoping the excuse would pardon her in Masako's mind, just this once. She definitely didn't want to make a bad first impression.

Yukari smiled as she watched the others eat and talk from the kitchen. She had silently delivered the rest of the items she had been in charge of, save a clear plastic pitcher of water.

It is good to see everyone relaxing after the briefing. She brought out the pitcher of water as she had with the other items, then took her a seat next to Leutre. She looked to Tom briefly, her eyes flinching to the empty seat next to her, then to one of the platters. She took a steak for herself, prayed, and began to cut it up some.

"Itadakima~su," Tomi chimed in with the others, then speared herself a steak and began eating hungrily, as quickly as she could without being rude. It wasn't as big a worry as it normally would've been- she noticed that she wasn't the only one who was eating like they'd skipped a meal or two. Or in Chigusa's case, maybe 16.

Well, maybe things will turn out okay after all if Freeman is as good at fixing ships as he is at fixing food...

Tom waved off all the compliments. "Thank you everyone, but please, enjoy yourselves. I am only doing my job."

With that, he turned his attention to Leutre.

"I actually think I've had this Stroganoff you speak of," Tom said casually. "Not the exact kind you're talking about, but a type of Stroganoff nontheless. It was very thick."

The Yamataian filled his plate with food, poured himself a glass of water, and took a seat next to Yukari, having caught the gesturing of her eyes.

"You'd be surprised the variety of food people cook when confined to a small area. Food preparation becomes a hobby more than anything when you've got nothing better to do after chores."

Chigusa swallowed again, and chimed in with a very late "Itadakimasu!" She looked over to Leutre. "If I may ask, sir, do you think you could help me out with something later?"

I hope he doesn't mind getting dirty. she thought. She then looked around the room and smiled widely. "This is really exciting. I'm so happy to meet everyone!" she exclaimed. She felt so giddy, she just might explode!

"Well, it wasn't like we didn't work very hard," Tom began, rubbing his chin and tilting his head in thought. "Sunrise to sunset most of the time, really. But, due to the days being so short, and there being a very limited amount of things to do at night, we'd just find the fun in domestic things, like cooking and cleaning. Luckily, my hobbies extended to the stage as well."

"I heard you had some abilities in that regard." Kotori nodded. "What are the types of performance you do Tom? Is it at a professional level?"

Chigusa decided to make her entrance into the conversation. "I pondered doing Kabuki once, but decided to join the Star Army instead of the Theater Industry." she said, giggling. "Meeting you guys, I'm glad I did."

Tom couldn't hide his pride.

"I was part of the famous Ralt Ice Theatre Troupe. We performed all types of artistic feats, ranging from acrobatics to singing. As such, I've been trained in a variety of performance styles. I can act and sing, do some acrobatics and gymnastics. I cannot, however, play any instruments."

He cut a piece of his tuna steak, chewing it with a grin.

"But I haven't told you about my super specialty: dance. To call me a professional would be an insult to the art. I am not using the music as an means to an end. I AM the music, or rather, my body is an extension of the music. I embrace it as I would a newborn infant."

Tom's eyes lit up with artistic passion and bravado.

"That being said, I can safely say to you that I would have no problem dancing before the illustrious Yui, for I have successfully performed the Grand Dance of the Ice Festival, for which there is no greater honor in performance for myself."

Nyton listened to Tom continue on about his skills and passion for dance. He found himself to be quite impressed being a member of the unskilled and currently musically inept. The way he talks about performing in front of people like that... it must certainly be a rush. Like flying my Armor can be. I think I am going to miss being a wing leader more then I realized. he thought to himself.

Another glance over at Mizuho and he decided that he would instead focus on one of the others. Perhaps she was still gathering her thoughts for the topic. While he had gleaned some insight on her during the brief, she was still a mystery. And if she were a professional tactician then for all he knew this was all just part of her maneuvering. Maybe even a test for him. Mizuho would be a most facinating crew member on the intellectual level.

Nyton saw Masako and was curious to hear how she had progressed with the new Armor wing leadership position she had inherited. He shifted slightly so that he could see her better. "So Kurohoshi-san, how are you doing getting used to being the new Armor wing leader? Is there anything you need assistance on? Feel free to ask however at the same time I do not wish to impose or override you. I want you to grow naturally into your command."

Chigusa sat back and ate, much more politely than before. Slowly, and cleanly, like Masako. She felt like she was an outcast - a newcomer, not yet really part of the crew. But then, she actually was, so it wasn't much of a problem for her to accept it. She yawned a bit, sat back, and smiled as she looked up at the ceiling. "Domo Arigato Gozaimasu, Mihuru-MEGAMI, Akina-KAMI."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…