• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Prologue, Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizuho's flight was direct and unmistakable, back to her quarters. She was silent on the entire path there, just trying to avoid... the staring, the glaze-eyed staring... broken wings, blood, life fading like a candleflame in the dusk. Once in the room, she sealed the door, flinging herself down onto the bed where she found fit to curl herself into a fetal position, rocking back and forth gently, hands wrapped through her hair in violent, clenching fists.

"...won't stop... screaming..."

Chigusa just sat there, a bit dumbfounded at the outburst. God Almighty! What is wrong with her?! she thought. She got up and looked over to Tomi. "Tomi-san," she then looked to Leture "Leutre-san," then sort of shifted her eyes between the two of them "Would you two come with me to my room? I have something I need a little help with, er... testing."

Chigusa thought for a moment, then spoke again. "Eh, Taii? I'm not so sure that 'kissing penis' is exactly the right thing to dare... Er... A bit nasty really?" she giggled. "Maybe something a little less sexually explicit would work."

"Oh Lady almighty, did you say testing?" An expression of worry spread across Leutre's face. "Testing is unpleasant. The last time I was asked to test something I ended up with stomach flu for a week. The time before that, second degree plasma burns." He shuddered as he his father's failed cooking and engineering experiments. Though they were now long gone, they still gave him nightmares. However, this time he was aboard a Star Army vessel. They had regulations, and MEGUMI watching. It couldn't really be all that hazardous, could it?

"Okay... Sure. I'll help." He said hesitantly then glanced over at Saito. "But only if you get Saito go first at, uh, whatever it is we're doing."

Chigusa looked at Leutre and winked. "Don't worry, all you have to do is hold up a sheet of metal for me." she said. "That shouldn't be too harmful."

Kotori shook her head at Chigusa's comment, smiling despite herself. "That's precisely what I meant when I said 'more tame subjects'."

Then came the bit about the three leaving for Chigusa's room. Kotori frowned a bit and said: "One moment. What do you need those two to hold something for?" The Taii had a feeling it wouldn't be ~exactly~ safe.

"Well, aren't you just the embodiment of chivalry, Veressis-hei?" Tomi smirked, putting down her eating utensils. She couldn't blame him for his hesitance, though. "And yes, I could spare some time to help you after dinner, if it won't take too long. I do have duties of my own to attend to tonight."

Kotori placed one fist in front of her mouth to make a polite cough after saying: "I asked to know what this testing was going to be about."

Chigusa nearly smacked herself. She was engaged in thought and hadn't heard Kotori. "Oh! Well, nothing really. Just want to see if Durandium can pierce Zesuaium with no momentum, and I can't hold down the Zesuaium plate, hold a durandium nail, and smack the nail with a hammer by myself."

Chigusa was VERY mad at herself for not hearing the captain's statement, and screamed at herself in her head.

"You can't harm zesuaium with such paltry measures." Kotori waved dismissively. "No chance at all."

However, Kotori suspected that something like this might happen with live weapon testing. What if Chigusa tried this again, but as a ranged attack? The Star Army's firing ranges had rules to enforce the safety of all people training there - a Star Army soldier ought to be able to know this much. Even children participating in archery clubs knew better. But still...

"Having two live people hold a target is ill adviced," Kotori sternly added. "I don't know what sort of weapon you ultimately intend to test, but safety precautions are to be taken. I suggest you drop by the fabrication rooms and have the MEGAMI make you a suitable target that will be able to stand upright in the future - it will provide you with a more stable base than mere flesh and bone. Furthermore, you will not test anything capable of dealing considerable, possibly life threatening damage anywhere remotely close to the ship's living areas. You will also need to obtain the permission of a superior officer when you want to use one of the ship's bays for testing so that we won't accidentally come in by mistake and get shot."

"Oh. Understood" Chigusa turned to Leutre and Sayoko. "Sorry, I suppose I'll use the fabrication room inst- Wait, fabrication room?" She looked at Kotori, quizically. "Mara didn't tell me where that is. Taii, would you mind telling me where the fabrication room is?"

"It's on the main deck, close to the medical laboratory," Kotori replied. "Fabrication rooms are places where the ship's femtomachines gather to build items. In theory, you can do that everywhere in the ship, but it's generally unhealthy to risk breathing in thousands of minuscule machines... so, the fabrication rooms is the designated area for mass production for the ship's needs."

Chigusa nodded. She understood. "Ah, I see. Alright." She said, as she stood up. Chigusa picked up her dish and brought it into the kitchen, then washed it off and placed it next to the sink. She walked out and bowed. "I will be in the fabrication room if anyone needs me."

With that, Chigusa headed off to the fabrication room.

Kotori blinked and resisted the urge to facepalm. She wasn't the girl's mother, and yet...

"How about you take the time to thank the cook for the meal before going?" She sent to Chigusa by telepathy. The girl apparently could be polite, but table manners didn't seem to be her strong point.

Before Chigusa left, she abruptly turned around and bowed once more. "Domo Arigato Gozaimasu! The food was delicious!"

Then she headed off.

Yukari blinked. She felt, as executive officer, she needed to say something to Chigusa. Somehow. But ... she looked to Kotori, then back as the Yamataian bounced on her merry way.

Aiyaa ...

Kotori turned her attention to Yukari. "This should be your job, you know?" She told her, as if divining the brown-haired woman's thoughts, though the smiled she offered at the end made the statement teasing instead of being a rebuke.

Chigusa arrived in the fabrication room, and looked around for a moment. She was taking in the atmosphere, and getting a feel for it, since she'd probably be spending quite a lot of time in there.

"Ahem. MEGAMI, could I get a Durandium Nail, Zeusaium Plate, Hammer and a small case of mercury fulmanite?"

"I can produce most of these items." The Miharu's MEGAMI told the young pink haired woman. "But I do not have the ideal facilities to produce Zesuaium, as only the ship's spaceframe and outer plating are composed of it and are generally replaced at Iori or Scorpio-class Star Fortresses."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back