• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Ragnarok: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car
Overhearing what the other were talking about Ace piped up over the comms before any of the goons could come to check on him.
"Don't shoot at shit unless it looks like they will shoot. They have us outnumbered and I'm getting some electrical feedback as well they might have some auto-defenses inside though I'm not sure. I'm going to sneak in as a supplier with Scrabler. I've done this before and if I had let you guys come you probably would fuck it up and if I took the time to tell you then they would be suspicious. Ace attempted to hack into the security feeds of the warehouse. "I'll see if I can't get a read on the leaders and exact numbers of the opposition."

Last edited:
Streets of Icefall

The whole op was really bothering Daniel as he lagged further and further behind Ace on their way to the bar to meet the others. He decided to get a better position to cover from the outside.

As he listened to the comm chatter and watched the antics of his current colleagues he swallowed down a lump of bile. This crew was proving to be too much for Daniel. He understood where they were coming from ultimately but it wasn't in him to be that ruthless. He continued to cover them regardless and kept vigil during their scuffle at the Snowcat.

In the end, as they moved off towards their next destination Daniel decided to cut his losses. He made his way to Cyrus' bar, gathered his few belongings there and left a message.

"Cyrus, I appreciate the opportunity that you extended to create and man Ragnarok. After seeing how you and those you employ act in the field I have decided to take my leave.

I wanted to help create a Private Military Company. Instead, the gathered persons are a ruthless mercenary company. Killing and terrorizing should be a last resort. I hope things go well for you however and that you can see that Ragnarok can be so much better then a band of thugs.

-Daniel"

Warehouse, Outside

Rosemary listened to what the others had to say in terms of plans. Honestly however, she was confounded on how to get in without attracting lots of heat quickly. It seemed to her no matter what they'd do, it was sure to end in another gun fight. The skylights sounded appealing to her as an option though.

"Well, it's obvious whatever we do we're going to end up going loud anyways. Maybe I can get up to the roof around the skylights, I can offer some over-watch from above if you guys can slip in through the vents and maybe surprise them from all angles. I can watch both the interior and exterior of the warehouse as well in case someone wants to slip outside while the fun happens inside."

"And maybe this round will be much cleaner without many innocents around, hmm?" Rosemary remarked back to the bar shootout before quickly shooing the reference away. "In any case, let's decide now. They'll most likely be firing at Ace any moment and get a leg up on what's going on. Ultimately however, Cyrus is here and he is the decider." Her eyes turned to meet Cyrus's through her visor eager to hear his thoughts.

Corgan looked over the base while the others discussed their plans. He decided to voice his opinion again. "You're right, not much we can do for Ace right now. No way he's gonna pass as one of them for long.." He paused to consider the options before continuing. "If we had some explosives we could create a distraction in front and slip in another entrance. I can handle any locks if someone can disable the booby traps first. My only issue with your plans is this. How do we plan on getting over that wall without climbing gear?" The Nepleslian asked calmly.

Ace's statement about them screwing things up annoyed him. Running off by himself with no plan wasn't exactly much better than the bar situation. Corgan had to admit, the bar was his own fault. He didn't intend to make that mistake again. His gaze finally moved to Cyrus, awaiting instructions on how to proceed.

Mikalia decided to go watch the action to see how these clowns acted. At least Ace and Cyrus came to her rescue and put down at least one of the sub-bosses, Loouwees, that kept a watch on her. She found a niche to watch from.

Icefall, New Belfast

Arccos's datajockey would begin beeping and vibrating, and a known contact on her list began popping up. 'Dr. Rip D. Torr: "Doc Hardbody"' was trying to call her right now. The image showed the square jawed face of an ID-SOL, one obviously fairly aged, though probably clipping the years off with Rejuv meds. The picture was obviously not of him at his best, dressed in a bath robe with a doctor's coat over it, bags under his eyes, and holding up a cup of coffee to try and interpose it between him and the picture taking device. Hot brown liquid was already arcing out of the cup in the image, and would no doubt have been utterly hilarious to the picture taker at the time.

The good doctor was standing infront of the shot up bar, a rippling mass of muscles in a too tight sweater, having not realized quite how inadequate his large, 'knit from whatever yarn he had left over' scarf he had wrapped around his neck, and shoulders, and tucked under his arms, making him look utterly ridiculous. They just didn't get ID-SOL issue stuff out here that often, when he got back to the motel room he had yet to properly check into he'd have to swap it out for the cold weather clothing he'd brought with him. The shuttle down from the ship had been late, and had gotten the largest size of sweater he could from the starport gift shop. The unfortunate specimen in question read "Staying Cool In New Belfast" without any apparent irony, and bore a picture of a white kodian giving a thumbs up

The moment Arccos picked up he exclaimed "Arccos? You alright? The bar you said we'd meet up at is shot to hell and the local security are already all over it. Where are you?"

Arccos' display lazily hovered on Rip's datajockey for a few bare seconds, the small image of the Freespacer standing somewhat askew against a bench in his old clinic; some serious expression on her face as she wore his massively over-proportioned coat and stethoscope. He could remember her fussing over the image for nearly an hour to edit out tiny imperfections, and identifying marks from it. Silence reigned in as he caught the tail end of her saying something about the local police forces.

"...Sorry." Her voice came through flatly, with a total absence of background noise indicating that she was thinking the reply rather than speaking it. "I'm fine. The guys who came there got out worse than I did by far. Authorities arrived you said?"

"Good to hear. And yeah, didn't hear them say anything about or send anybody out in persuit, they're just carting away the bodies and survivors into some ambulances. I'm here with a rental though? Do you need me to pick you up?" His voice was less worried, though still concerned. He was speaking quietly from inside of his own car, the sound of the engine running drowning out most noise from outside. For his part, a video was piping through, and the red and blue flashes of light coming through the windows told the truth about the arrival of the authorities.

Arccos' response was prefaced with a small alert on his screen, as Arccos made a move in the game of electronic Go they'd been playing off and on for the last standard month or so now: Clearly she wasn't so worry-ridden that this was a panic call. "Mind pointing that thing to show who they have in the back there?"

He held up the datapad as if he was trying to get the light to stop reflecting on it's surface, giving the camera on it a clear view of the area of the bar, and behind his car, showing off the various security assets that had turned up after the shootout. A few prods from Arccos had him staring at a man with a wounded knee; handcuffed to his stretcher. This yielded a small sound of relief halfway between a sigh and modulator static, whoever it was, Arccos was happy seeing him in this state.

"See what you need? Where are you? I'll come pick you up, I doubt you want to be anywhere within a few dozen blocks of this place when they start searching?" As he asked, he leaned forward in the cramped little car, the data pad tumbling into the slot between passenger and driver's seat, the camera showing that the massive ID-SOL was all scrunched up in the small rental as he started the car moving again, heading down the street the way he was facing and waiting for her to feed him the data. He fumbled with the catch on the side of the data pad, unspooling the connector wire to slot it into the car's navigation system, something he normally didn't like doing, as it was theoretically possible to hijack that sorta thing, but for the moment needs outweighted paranoia.

"Might not want to bring the car." Arccos' voice drifted quietly as the datajockey was nudged and fussed across the car's dashboard; becoming suddenly louder as he jacked the pad into the car itself. "The shootout was me. Well, us. The job I was here to apply for came stumbling in the bar, and decided to have a shootout with the local gang."

Outside, Rip found himself slammed into an unusual amount of traffic, the kind you didn't find in the city at this time of day. Many were blaring horns and flashing lights as the streetlights seemed to be going haywire. Where the local authorities where, they had come out to direct by hand, but past the perimeter around this bar he found himself deadlocked: Something strange obviously going on.

Rip began grumbling as the traffic slowed to an absolute crawl, gritting his teeth as he started moving in 5 foot jerks and spurts in about as many minutes. "Is something going on besides that shoot up Arccos?" His voice was slightly muffled by the distance now, "I mean Funky City isn't this bad in rush hour and it gets bad there."

"I'm jumping up and down on traffic control's NV comptroller if that's what you're on about. Wanted to keep the Junkers' backup from getting to us, and any civilian traffic from getting caught in the firefight. We're about to storm the base or something like that." Arccos voice filled the vehicle, just a little too loud for comfort, "Also you picked a rental with pretty plusbad audio. Speaks ill of a discerning gent."

"Oh come on, I had to pick while still in orbit to not be even later to our meet up!" He said, the fact that there was a fire fight didn't seem to concern him overly much, after all, she was doing well, or her mental concentration was far stronger than anything he'd thought possible for someone who still had simulated glands for emotions and a biological brain. "You need another gun hand? I've got my travel gear," By which he meant his m2 and combat axe from his days in SMiDIoN, probably some of the nastier rounds for his HHG. "If I can help get the car within a block or two of where you are and talk me in the rest of the way."

"I can, but I haven't exactly negotiated my own payday in this. Let alone yours." Arccos' projected voice managed to sound frustrated, "About half this company's already gone off half cocked to try and infiltrate in a way that'll get them killed."

Rip cut her off, "Then just bring me there, when it all goes pear-shaped you know you'll want a medic on the field, and it's not like I came here for a big pay day anyway."
He jinked his car into a crevice, cutting off the person trying to move into that space, to a furious set of honks and shouts from the folks behind him as he worked his way towards an as yet unoccupied alley way to try and break out of the gridlock.

"Oh good doctor. Where would I be without you?" Rip could practically feel the forced sweetness in her voice, possibly covering some measure of concern. Out of the general silence of the alleyway he could hear layered chimes from his datajockey's security software, each one signalling a failed external intrusion attempt. This all followed by a small voice stating simply 'remote desktop sharing active', followed by his own security clearing up approximately 2600 intrusive programs. Apparently Arccos cleared up after herself.

Ahead of him, the opposite end of the alleyway would show traffic starting to move again; his navigation system chiming to continue down the alleyway and turn left.

"Probably in a body that needed much more frequent tuning." He said jovially, moving at speed along the alley way and swinging the turn, knocking over some trash cans as he went, feeling slightly guilt at it more than at the very light cosmetic damage done to the rental by it. "What's my ETA?"

"We walked about an hour. Maybe... Fifteen minutes." Arccos approximated, as Rip could see from just the corner of his eye a small animated symbol of two fists bumping together. Apparently Arccos was saying hello to his assistant AI.

"See you soon, try to keep anyone from bleeding out before I get there."

"I promise nothing." Arccos replied, an edge of frustration in her voice as his Datajockey chimed an end to the remote desktop sharing.

Streets, Lower Eastside of the Warehouse
Emerald orbs for eyes squinted as he looked around. This place was rather unfamiliar and it made him feel uneasy, as though he was in a horror movie or something of the sort. It was the exact opposite of what he had wanted in the first place, he wanted to find civilization or just something other than what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse down the road.
Well if nobody's there, I could set up camp for a few nights. Geez, when was the last time I settled down for camp? Readjusting his rucksack over his broad shoulders, the young and fiery furred Helashio gave a sigh.
It had been literal weeks since Tomblyn found a temporary shelter, since he was just wandering around looking for work. Tomblyn desperately needed to find work soon, too: he was almost out of money for food and other living expenses.
Ah! Speak of the devil, his green cat-like eyes gazed upon a motorized vehicle right near the warehouse. Perhaps the occupants of the vehicle were stranded and needed help with their car? He grinned and started jogging to what he thought would be a simple job. Or perhaps, he was about to bite off more than he could chew?

Warehouse : Block away

Malikia watched the group. "Hey you!" Spotting Tomblyn pass her by heading towards the vehicle that held Ace. "I wouldn't go near that warehouse. There is going to be a war soon. So stay back here and watch the fun." She smiled at him from under the big furry hood that outlined her face.

Warehouse, Block away
Jumping from the sudden alerting shout from the girl, he turned to face the source of the call,
"A... a war?" Tomblyn tilted his head to the side, his long-ish shaggy hair following in suit.
With a bite of his lip, his gaze soon returned to the old warehouse. He had no idea what was going on, and it was probably best to stay away buuuuut...
"Do they need help? I... I could help if they needed it, but I do ask for a small favor in return." Oh boy...

Outside Warehouse, Car
"
Hey...um...Boss are we...uh expecting any spectators I got two bio signs that haven't moved much within a stones throw of this place think they might be with the gang?"
Ace drummed his fingers on the steering wheel wondering what was taking them so long to get out. He looked over at Scrabler to say something but figured he was offline after a quick look.
"I'll let his stay that way its quiet right now anyways."

Warehouse, Block away

"Naw, I don't think so. But to be on the safe side. Unless you want to... " Makalia gave him a lopsided grin. "Play it safe and watch the two gang battle it out. But I'm staying here where it is safe for now to watch. "I don't think they need help, unless you're gonna be patching up the wounded."

She looked the warehouse over. "That warehouse belongs to local Warlord and his gang. Some other Gang is going to roust them. They shot up a bar where they liked to hang out and killed one of the sub-lieutenants, Big Looweee." She looked at Tomblyn.

Scrabler powered on after his nap. he looked at Ace still in the car. "so, what now?" he asked twisting his grenade launcher.

Warehouse Outside, Car
"Well we can either wait here or we can drive this car through the door jump out I remotely explode it and hope for the best or you could pump gas into their ventilation system." Ace said before checking his PIMPs again.

"aaaaaaawwwww-yeahhhhhh" scrabler unhooked to acid grenades that he had stolen from an bandit a while ago. he wouldn't have them and the bandit would still have his head if he was sober. he placed them where the bomb would be hopefully causin a big boom and killing any one who survived. he stepped out of the car and checked his grenade laucher one more time and got into positon next to an out door vent.

Warehouse...

Cyrus looked out at the situation. He watched as the men began coming out to inspect the car. "Okay, here is the plan." He said turning and looking to everyone. "Ace and Scrabler will lure the enemy out. While that takes place Rose and Arccos will take up covering positions from the skylight." He nodded to Corgan. "You and I will take the vents and work our inside." He said moving to the edge of their hiding spot. He held up a hand and signaled everyone to move.

10 men had exited the warehouse and began warily approaching the vehicle.

Warehouse Outside, Car
Ace got out of the car faking a limp. "Took you long enough." Ace then pulled out a brief case. "All that I was told to do was hand these off to Louwees and that after thta I'd get payed. Well now the price just went up for the near death of myself your supplier." Ace then limped over to the group with his hands held out. "Now I would like to see the boss before anything else happens."

Warehouse

Watching Ace and Scrabler, Corgan couldn't help but feel nervous. Especially when ten men walked out and approached the vehicle. While they had been waiting and planning Corgan had removed his torso armor. He pulled up the sleeve on his black cybernetic arm. A hidden compartment popped open and he slid his Monomolecular Durandaium Vibro Blade out and sat it on the windowsill. "If we're going in stealthy I might need this." He muttered and put his armor back on, sticking the knife in a pouch on his leg.

The boss had spoken. Corgan moved to the edge of their hiding place and waited for the men to focus their attention on Ace. He bolted for the wall as soon as he got a chance. Then he waited for Cyrus.

Scrabler twitched with anticipation, his knife arm flicked out to butcher the people inside once they flee the building and into his arms. he trained his grenade launcher at the vent and checked to see if he had loaded the right ammo. Gas, he thought, not shrapnel. he always loved gas. the way his enemies flesh bubbled and rashed at just a slight exposure. he wished he could see inside but knew the battle was close and it did not matter. only money mattered.

Warehouse Outside
Ace reached the group and stopped a couple of feet away from the closest man. "I think I may have been followed so time is of the essence I would like to make my transaction and be out of here as soon as possible so if you people would be so kind as to oblige me that we can all get on with our bussiness and if not..." Ace shaked the case a little. "...I can take my business else where and your boss wouldn't like that. I'd say he might even kill you if he found out that your slowness is what costed him such a great buisness partner with such hard to get supplies."

Warehouse, Block Away
"Oh... Um..." Tomblyn's grip tightened on his bag.
"What kind of injuries do you think they'd need help w-with? You see, I'm just a technician." With his voice quavering, it was very obvious he was starting to become nervous about all of this.
All he wanted to do was earn a few extra bucks so he could get some food and have a safe spot to set up his temporary shelter. And now, he was in a situation where he had no idea whose side he should take. Gulping, his ears twitched as he stood beside Makalia as he awaited for what would happen.
"How bad do you think it'll be?" His plush red tail twitched with anticipation. "The fight?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back