• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Ragnarok: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotel Room

Rosemary had noticed the two men pick up her trail as she went on her way back to her hotel. When Rose reached the hotel and went to her room, she locked the door behind her and began changing out of the gear Cyrus loaned her and into her own. She'd finish, making the final adjustments to her visor and picked up her Z-ASMR and slung it over herself but would be briefly startled from the surprise room service.

"Here's my idea of a good time." Rosemary would say rather deadpan as she swiped her pistol from her holster, firing off multiple rounds rapidly at the thugs. With her exit blocked and expecting more to come, Rose turned towards the hotel window. She fired two rounds in order to weaken or possibly shatter the glass before hand in order to leap out and escape.

Outside Wherever

Rose would hit the ground rolling onto her feet as the glass flew around her. Swiftly her feet propelled her forward towards the direction of the spaceport. From outside, she could hear distant sounds of roaring gunfire from Cyrus's hand cannons. Changing course, Rose ran towards the sound of gunfire in hopes to reach him and offer support. She did not know Daniel was already on his way to her so the two of them can get to the hangar together.

Streets of Icefall

Daniel wasn't a big fan of leaving Cyrus to faced three armed gunmen on his own. It just didn't sit right. Add in the fact that Daniel had no idea where Rosemary was staying helped his decision. As Cyrus boomed his order for Daniel to take off he did however take the opportunity to fade into the crowd as best as a man in Styrling Muur armor could.

He moved with determination toward a local multi-story business and pushed his way inside. Cyrus' cannon shots sounded outside as he apparently held off the three goons. Daniel spotted and moved toward and up the staircase, hardly listening to the owners shouts of protest. "Just checkin for water leaks mate. Crazy plumbing in this block," Daniel said as he ascended.

Once up he moved to a window facing the street and slid it open, surveying the scene before him. While it was not particularly high up it gave him a good look at the ensuin gunfight, it also afforded him an opportunistic view of Rosemary headed toward the fight like a salmon swimming upstream.

"Well, at least I can grab the lass and follow the boss man's orders," he said as he started quickly back down the stairs. "Yer good mate. No leaks."

Once on the street he headed straight to intercept Rosemary. As he moved closer he flagged her down, "Oi! Lass! Honcho is dealin with some goons. We're ta be meetin him at the port."

Streets

Rosemary continued to run towards Cyrus as she coddled her rifle between her arms in a readied position. Out of the corner of her eye however she would spot Daniel coming straight at her with what she assumed would be a run down of the situation. Her ears picked up the individual words that he shouted and her brain pieced them together for her to realize. As he got closer she began to voice her concerns for Cyrus.

"He doesn't need our help? What if-" Rosemary realized that surely a grizzled vet like him would be more than capable to handle a few low life thugs. "Fine, let's head out. We should be careful for more thugs along the way and avoid hitting the locals if we do get caught up." Rose finished speaking and pulled Daniel along with a short tug on his arm as she began to switch pace into a jog.

Icefall:2200
Ace arrives on the planet and immediately begins to head towards town to find his new contacts this will be a first in a while for him working for free that is so he wants to meet his new teammates and get out of this frigid cold it is doing a number on his AI's systems.

Last edited:
Icefall Port
Having taking shelter from the cold in the nearest building Ace checked back over his communication logs until he found the latest message from a Cyrus Marshall with a description of himself and the two fellows that he was with. After reading the message over again Ace decided to look out the nearby window seeing a pair of figures coming towards the port.

Icefall

Both Daniel and Rose ran through the crowded streets towards the spaceport as the sounds of gunshots slow began to grow softer. Soon the gunshots were replaced by the sound of sirens as the Icefall Police Department scrambled to try and gain control of the situation. The newcomer Ace noticed the two as the ran and followed behind trying to keep up with them. Soon they made it inside the spaceport.

Once they finally got through security and soon stood in front of Hanger 5. Inside they would find an old K7C helicopter sat at the rear of the hanger as well as several drums of fuel. As they wondered around the hanger, something started making noise on the outside of the hanger.

*KLINK KLINK KLINK*

The sound continued until Cyrus appeared at the entrance of the hanger.

"Sorry about that guys." He sighed as he slid down the side of one of the fuel barrels. "Man those guys really didn't know when to stop." He said as he recovered from the obvious sprint he made to get there.

He looked over at the newcomer. "Ace, it is nice to finally put a name to the face. You know how to pilot this yes? Get in there and get her ready to fly."

He then looked to Rosemary. "I can't let you go anywhere without you causing a ruckus can I?" He laughed

Finally he looked at Daniel. "Good job Daniel. I knew you would find her and get here safely."

He stood and walked to the open aft end of the helo. "Let's roll people the sooner we get out of here the better!"

Ace and his AI were able to pull the necessary data to operate the K7 and soon had the large cargo helicopter was in the air, on its way towards the city of Frost Mountain.

"Okay I know that I'm late on introductions but I'm Ace that's my call sign and my AI is Aries he's kinda stiff about that. It's nice to finally meet you all."
"Aries keep actively tracking the current course I don't want to crash into anything. Ok people talk to me I want to know more about this little group."
Ace then turned around in the the pilot chair keeping his hands on the controls.

Last edited:
Icefall/Helicopter

"Trouble is my husband, I thought you knew Mr. Cyrus." Rosemary replied to the old veteran with a closed lip smile. She kept quiet for the rest of the time they were boarding the K7C. Rose also noted the newcomer pilot, intrigued by a glimpse she caught of his dimly lit eyes that seemed to glow for whatever reason.

She boarded the aircraft and picked out her spot which happened to be closer to the back of the helicopter. Rosemary would silently inspect her gear and weapons, removing the small pack on her back as well to run off a check list in her mind to make sure she had all the tools she might need. Everything seemed in order to her, except for the nearly spent magazine in her pistol which she promptly replaced with a fresh one. She leaned over in a hunched position after, cupping her hands together while she stared at the floor of the helicopter only to occasionally look up to either Cyrus or Daniel for a brief and weak smile before returning back to the floor.

Her head turned towards the pilot who's name is coincidentally Ace as he spoke.

"Nice little name, I'm Rosemary. You're a late comer. Surely you have more to you than just a call sign."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace
"I sure do Rosemary. I sure do and I'll let you know."
"I used to live just like you as a matter of fact and I envy that you still can be that. I used to seclude myself at home never getting to really know anyone but then the pirates came and slaughtered every when I was 7. I only survived because my mother hid me. I despise any form of military organization with a burning passion because they could have stopped the attack but didn't for their own selfish reasons. Then I decided to let myself get experimented on and trained as hard as I could just to get revenge. I got Aries put into my head and my eyes started to glow and I became an expert in CQB thanks to the training and still it wasn't enough I don't even know where they are so how can I make them pay. I decided to become a mercenary and took this job on a whim just to try to regain a bit of my humanity I'm starting to get fed up with this revenge it eats at me."
"I'm sorry for rambling on for so long. I hope that we can all get along and work together. So what's up with you?"
Ace then made a left to avoid a large ice mountain.

Last edited:
Icefall/Helicopter

Rosemary smiled when Ace spoke his first sentence as she changed her view back to that of the floor particularly smiling at the phrase 'you still can be that'. Her smile crumpled up visibly and disappeared soon after Ace spoke of his unfortunate past involving his parents and the pirates. She felt sorry for the man for she knew the pain of losing parents herself, though she could not fathom the pain of losing parents at such a young age. Her sense of sorry for the man only increased as he continued with his story.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Ace. If anything, I know how you feel. My parents were also killed but by gangsters when I was 22. I can also understand your desire for revenge, believe me." Rose sighed. "After my parents died I was thrown into a depression for months. Long story short, I just broke. Snapped. I went on a mass killing spree for two weeks, hunting and killing any gangster I could with my father's old hunting rifle." Rose felt a sudden flush of self consciousness after she finished speaking. She didn't enjoy talking about that specific portion of her past and fell quiet for a moment while she remained hunched over, staring at the floor in her seat.

Rosemary would clear her throat a second or two later and speak. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to expose myself a little there, it won't happen again." She attempted to smile, still looking at the floor. "I don't think going up against the Nepleslian or Yamataian military alone would be a good idea, I'm glad you're attempting to change your path a bit. But maybe you'd like to hear from Daniel or Mr. Cyrus now?" Rose threw her eyes towards the two as if she were pleading for them to take the attention that she felt was on her.

Last edited:
K7C

"Ok I will stop but I would like to talk more with you later. I see that you don't like attention."
"Oh and it wasn't just the pain of losing my parents everyone was slaughtered because the pirates couldn't find what they wanted. When I went outside I saw them all piled into a large heap getting eaten by crows with were doing it again burned into the ground."
"But I still appreciate the relation we are a lot more alike than I thought. I think that we can be great friends. Oh and I see that you have a sister Aries just pulled up your family data for some reason. Where is she do you know? And if you don't I can Aries look through records to find her."
Ace looked front again keeping his eyes on the snow and ice in front of the K7C he called back saying.
"Nobodies perfect and what you did anyone would have done in your shows. I know I did more. I killed 50 Yamataian soldiers and many other civilians after I first started. Trapped them all in a building for weeks when Aries cut off the power. I just left them there as they were screaming to let me out it haunts me now I can still see their faces clearly."
As he returned to looking out of the cockpit he whispered.
"You should try to come out of your shell more it helps with the pain a bit."

Last edited:
Icefall/Helicopter

Rosemary listened to Ace, cocking a half smile as she nodded her head to his words until he came across her sister. She looked towards the front of the helicopter and spoke.

"I know where she is, and she's fine. Thank you for your concern." She caught sound of what he whispered but could not make the words out. Rose returned to stare at the floor in her mostly unchanged hunched over position. One of her hands would find its way up to her full face visor to toy with the color and transparency settings as her face rapidly disappeared, hidden behind a sleek cold black. It would be her signal to the others that she was done talking for the most part.

Last edited:
K7C
"I don't try to offend people only help. I have learned that having friends helps with the pain." Ace said out loud seemingly to no one in particular but he meant it for Rosemary.
"Cyrus I think that we'll be landing soon."

Hangar

Daniel looked over helicopter and nodded. It looked safe and would be a great asset with quick deployment to local settings. The apparent pilot seemed a little stiff and while cybernetically enhanced eyes were fairly common place in Nepleslia they didn't always glow.

As only a country raised man would he stood aside and allowed Rosemary to board before him. Once on board he stowed his weapon, placed his helmet beside him and laid his knife on his lap. It was a reminder of his homeworld and he paid special attention to keeping it close.

As they were firmly enroute to their destination Daniel listened quietly to the conversation between Ace and Rosemary. He felt he had had it rough loosing his father but he saw that it wasn't nearly as bad. He shifter uncomfortably as their conversation came to a close.

He knew he should say something so he forced out something as neutral as he could think of. "Well, I'm just a hunta that needs to make some extra cash to send to me family. I've hunted for years now and faced down some pretty scary situations but if it means anythin to you both, I'm sorry for your losses," he said surprisingly gentle for such a gruff looking person.

Last edited:
"Before we land I have one thing to ask."
"Who has a HUD in their visor and or a com link?"

Daniel replied to Ace, "Well the Muur armor comes with a basic HUD, nothin fancy though. If ya got optics we could link up."

"Exactly what I was thinking. Aries and I can do a full armor link so that we can bring up and view or use our teammates statuses and their equipment."
"When we get materials I can hard wire upgrades to them."
"Oh and thanks for saying what you did. I have some old hardware that I've used up and you could sell for some cash back at my home base if you want it."
Ace then checked the many dials and monitors in the cockpit stopping on the ever decreasing temperature and fuel gauge.
"Man its cold outside I might want to get into my gear before I leave this thing."

Airborn

Cyrus had slept for the majority of the flight, allowing the others to converse. However, once they entered Frost Mountain airspace he stirred. He stood and walked to the cockpit. He leaned over the co-pilots chair and opened up a channel for the team to hear.

"Frost Mountain control, this is Outlaw 1. Do you copy?" Cyrus called.

"Outlaw 1, this is Frost Mountain control. State your request." The gruff operator replied.

"Frost Mountain control, we request permission to land on pad 7."

"Outlaw 1 please hold." The operator said as he checked on the status of the spaceport. "Outlaw 1, permission granted. You are to land on pad 7. Frost Mountain control out."

Cyrus moved back to the rear of the helo and opened the rear ramp. As he did, a rush of cold air rushed into the cabin. He yelled to be heard over the thruster wash. "Welcome to Frost Mountain lady and gents!"

Frost Mountain Pad 7

The Outlaw touched down onto the pad and Cyrus stepped off, taking in his surroundings. As everyone disembarked, he noticed that someone was lingering on the edge of the pad. As Ace and the others finished locking down the Outlaw, he signaled for the others to form up. As they left the pad, he walked towards the young 20 year old Nepleslian. He looked him up and down the smiled. "Mr. Garret! Wrong city my friend. Wait a second." He ran back to the Outlaw and grabbed a Murr armor set and a M3 rifle off the small weapons locker on the helo. He came back throwing both of them at Corgan. "Walk and talk, we have things to do."

The city was a nightmare. The chaotic streets of Icefall looked like a paradise compared to Frost Mountain. The local police force was stretched thin just like Cyrus's report had said. Thus, the city was full of crime all around them. Cyrus half turned as they walked. "Keep your weapons at the ready, the city is in a barely contained state of chaos. Stick close." He said as they walked.

The crew walked a ways watching all manner of crimes and atrocities being committed. It was a hard sight to watch. However the team was able to make it to a large plaza in the city. At the center of the plaza was a rather ornate statue. To the north of the statue was a busy looking pub. To the east was a collection of shops and stalls. To the West was a government building, which was strongly defended by guards and high fences. The south led back to the residential section that they had just came from. Cyrus led them to the statue and turned.

"Okay guys. My contact is there in the government office." Cyrus stated. "While I am in there I want you four to pair up and see what you can gather from the locals." He pointed to the bar. "Two of you head over to the bar," Then pointed to the shops. "and two of you head to the shops. Try to glean any information on the gang if you can." Cyrus tapped on his ear. "Stay on comms at all times. Good luck boys, and girl. Please don't leave a trail of bodies behind you." He said turning. Leaving for to divide the tasks amongst themselves.

"So intel gathering huh. I don't mind these kind of jobs but I'll do the over watch I don't do well in the cold."
Ace said as he was gearing up sliding his knives into there respective slots on the inner forearms of his armor.
"Corgan Garret as much as I would love to pair up with you and learn more about you being a half-breed and about your mother. I think it would be better if we went with one of the others since we fulfill the same role on the team."
Ace finished getting his gear on as he slide his combat gloves on.
"Ok guys lets link up the armours."

Last edited:
"Since we haven't talked that much yet wanna partner up Daniel?"
"If you accept I think we should head over to the bar with the way we look."
"Hope we don't have to fight it be a shame if we ended up hurting one of the civies."
Ace scratched the at the back of his head with one hand and clenching the other hand as tightly as he could trying to ignore all the violence around him and all of the injustice. It was all he could do to keep himself from getting into the middle of it and blowing their cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back