• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Ragnarok: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost Mountain Pad 7

Corgan Garret stood on the edge of the pad with his AwesomeCorp DataJockey in hand and a large green duffel bag over his shoulder, staring at a video feed of the guy that hired him rapidly firing two huge revolvers at some thugs as civilians ran for cover. He smirked and put away the small black datapad. He shivered at the cold despite his brown duster jacket, which wasn't exactly built for warmth. Underneath he was dressed in a regular red long-sleeve and black pants. "Should've bought myself some warmer clothes. I'm freezin' my bollocks off." He muttered to himself. Soon enough he figured he'd be in his armor and the cold wouldn't faze him.

He raised his head at the sound of a chopper touching down. The HUD built into his cybernetic eyes scanned a database and identified the K7C belonging to Cyrus Marshall, the Outlaw. He grinned and stroked his lime green goatee. "Yep, that'll be the boss and my new partners." He stretched before walking towards the chopper. He nodded when Cyrus acknowledged him. "Howdy boss. Yessir, this here planet's all catty-wampus. My shuttle got delayed, somethin' about gang violence. Think I'll be right at home here." He replied with what would be a Southern drawl on Earth. He followed him to the helicopter and put the duffel bag in one of the seats, flashing a charming smile at Rosemary as he entered. "Howdy ma'am. Name's Corgan Garret." He said to her. He unzipped the bag and pulled a holster out of it. Following Cyrus back to the edge of the pad, Corgan caught the Styrling Muur armor and M3 rifle. "Got my own gear, chief.. but I'll use it for today." He checked that the rifle was loaded, then nodded his head.

He quickly donned his armor and hooked the holster for his rifle to it as he followed Cyrus to the plaza, brown eyes scanning the throngs for threats. The scene didn't bother him too much, nothing he hadn't seen back on Nepleslia. This was more unorganized than the crime he was accustomed to, though. Corgan stopped when they reached the statue. He nodded and then grinned after the boss finished talking. "Ain't lookin' to start a ruckus, hoss. I reckon I'll team up with the pretty lady, if she's cool with that." He smiled at Ace up until he mentioned his mother and called him a half breed. He frowned slightly, studying the other man for a sign of the intent behind his words. He didn't look like he meant any offense, so he shrugged and his smile returned. "Okay then. Nice cybernetics bro. Say, would ya mind sendin' me what we have on the gangers we're huntin'?" He said to Ace.

"I don't mind none buddy I'll have Aries send you the files when he finishes. It's how I knew all about you if there is data on it Aries and I can find it."
Ace said as he started a link up.

Frost Mountain Pad 7

When the helicopter had finally landed, Rosemary stood up from her seat and stretched. Once signaled by Cyrus to follow him out, she would make one quick check of her gear once more before stepping out of the helicopter. Midway down the helicopter's ramp, Rose took notice to the large Nepleslian who greeted her on his way in with Cyrus. She attempted to return a smile back to the man in vain as her black set visor remained draped over her face, obscurring it. Rose continued on her way and regrouped with the other two off the pad.

Large Plaza, Ornate Statue

Rosemary walked along with the rest of the group once the happenings wrapped themselves up near the helipad. The scenes Rose witnessed on the way with the group disgusted Rose to a degree. She didn't have to be told by Cyrus in order to hold her rifle close and at the ready. Still, her visor obscured her reactions to the events as they went on to reach the statue dead center in the plaza. Once there, Rose diverted attention to Cyrus as he began to speak once more, turning her head towards the directions and areas Cyrus would point out. She watched him as he left before turning to Corgan.

"If you want to come with me, come. I'm leaving to the bar. Good luck Daniel, Ace." Rose spat out swiftly before walking off in the direction of the bar. Frost Mountain and most of it's denizens disgusted her to say the least. She at this point wanted to kill the targets as quickly as possible in hopes to stem the ugliness generated from the lowly criminals for at least a while. Being paid would be a nice bonus as well.

“Darn I had hoped that we would be able to go to the bar。Well I guess that we could go to the weapon shops does that sound good to you Daniel?“
Ace look over at Daniel to try and read his reaction to their surroundings。

Streets

Corgan started to say something, but Rosemary didn't seem to be in a chatty mood. He turned to Ace. "I better scoot after her before she takes em all out by herself. She seems angry. Oh, thanks for the data. I missed the pow wow at the bar." He said, then he patted Ace on the shoulder with his shiny black cybernetic arm. "Be careful out there, Ace. And maybe keep the AI thing quiet. Seen people cut fancy tech like that out of someone, and it ain't pretty." He winked and took off after Rosemary.

When he caught up to the much shorter Nepleslian woman, he walked in silence for a while. He continued to watch for any threats, occasionally looking back for any sign of a tail. Finally, he couldn't stand it anymore and he sighed. "Ma'am, if we're gonna be workin' together for now, I should at least know what to call ya." He said in a friendly tone, turning his head to look at her for a moment. He whistled out loud when he noticed her Z-SAMR. "Nice gun ya got there. Left my HHG and my boomstick on the chopper." Hopefully he wouldn't regret that decision.

"I missed it too and its gonna be real hard to take me down. Take this just in case things get too dicey."
Ace said as he tossed one of his sonic grenades to Corgan.
"Well we better get going Daniel."
Ace started off towards the many shops that were around the square.

Daniel silently watched the banter between Ace and Corgan. He had always wanted to be chatty like that but had never really gotten the hang of it. He blamed his usual isolation but shrugged to himself in response. As he watched the two head off to the bar he turned to Ace and gave the man a smirk, "Aye mate, I luv shoppin. Lets go bend some ears. Just, lets try to be civil aye?"

Daniel clapped Ace on the back and began to saunter towards the shops. He pushed his holstered knife towards his back hip and slung his M3 behind him. While it was obvious crime and violence was common place around here he planned to show that he was not there to do such to the shop keepers.

"Yep sure will always good to be civil but I'll be cracking heads open of anyone who messes with us."
Ace said with a grin on his face.
"I always love a good fight."

"Greeeeat," Daniel mumbled as he led the way to the shops. Most Nepleslians would start at a gun store or body armor vendor but Daniel happened to think that the most willing to talk to someone was a grocer. Food was hard to hold on to in a criminal market and a grocer would end up being the most thankful for an end to looting. It was also a safer venue, a gun store would probably shoot you when you step inside 'just in case' you were a looter.

"A grocer good idea less chance of being mistaken for criminals I'll watch the door while you talk don't want any tailers or 'trouble'."
Ace then cracked his knuckles and yawned.
"Sorry man I'm a bit sluggish in the cold but I'm still able to fight all out so there is nothing to worry about."

North of Statue, Streets

Rosemary walked a bit of distance away from the group in silence. She kept her absence of words as Corgan caught up to her and continued to walk quietly. Her eyes observed the socially ugly scenery in order to spot potential threats under her visor. Rose's string of silence was cut after Corgan approached her verbally as she would reply to him, seeming that he is a nice enough individual at the moment.

"Rosemary. I can work with Rose as well, if you prefer." The words turned out of her mouth as she kept her eyes vigilant. "Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. You should have taken your own gear, Mr. Cyrus wouldn't of mind if you did." Rosemary's tone of voice felt rigid and frost covered. She didn't mean to come off as cold, but she had due to the embarrassment she felt she brought upon herself in the helicopter. This was just her attempt to step cautiously as to not take a turn into exposing her history as much as before. Rose however wanted to create an attempt to seem much warmer as her tone of voice lifted slightly.

"Corgan, is it? I'm sorry if I might seem rigid. I just want to get this job done and over and get the payment. This area, I just don't like it. I don't mean to project my dislike for the area on you. I think you're a good man as of yet." Rose turned her head towards and upwards at Corgan to take in his facial expressions for a brief moment before she swung her head back forward. Her eyes returned to their routine of shifting, her rifle ready to blast any unlucky sod. An ominous feeling floated about around her and she felt unsure if the goons they had encountered before would return.

"You should also know that we encountered thugs before we landed here. Probably hired hands attempting to take us out before we take the gang heads out. Just a word of warning."

North of Statue, Streets

Corgan listened to Rosemary talk, glad to have a break in the silence. He looked over at her. "Rosemary. That's a pretty name for a lady." He replied. He noticed her frosty tone, but he ignored it. For a moment he considered the choice of names. "Think I'll be goin' with Rose, it's quicker." He decided out loud. A sudden bang from ahead drew his attention, but it was just more random acts of violence.

Her next words made him turn his head again, mostly due to the change in tone. He was silent for a second after she said she thought he was a good man. "Ya might be wrong there. I was in a gang back home. Was about the only way to survive on the streets." He said in a somber tone. "I can tell ya, though, I never killed innocent people. Except maybe Elysians or Nekos, but they're hardly innocent. Mostly I just cracked safes." He didn't sound proud of his past, but he didn't sound like he felt guilty either.

He nodded at her last statement. "Saw the boss man shootin' his man cannons at some thugs on a news video while I was waitin' for my ride to Icefall." He said, then grinned suddenly and winked at her. "I've only got one man cannon, but it's bigger. Maybe I'll show it to ya after we take care of these guys."

Shops
"So here we are the grocers I'll wait out here at the door I tend to scare normos if they recognize me and I used to be kinda big around here while I was still Mr.Revenge. Radio if you need anything gunshots work too."
Ace then leaned against the wall waiting for Daniel's reply when his headset picked up Corgan's signal.
"Trouble already that was faster than I thought."
As Ace went to ask what was up he heard the normal tone that Corgan had and realized that it was just an equipment fluke.
"Eh I'll let be for now but geez is he a play boy."
Ace mumbled to himself.

North of Statue, Streets

"Lovely, I was wondering when one of you boys would hit me with an innuendo. You'll have better luck sweeping the sunshine off the ground than picking me up, sweetie." Rosemary swept her ending line with a subtle sultry tone. As quickly as it came over, it was gone as Rose recomposed herself. "And I hope you didn't kill any innocents, otherwise you and I would have a problem. But you haven't fired upon me yet and I consider that a good sign." She continued to move her head around on a swivel with her eyes constantly alert. In the distance, she could see the bar as they began to close in on it. The rangefinder in her visor gave her the distance away in meters that ever so moderately decreased with every step they took.

"Anyways, we're getting close to the bar. It's highly probable we'll be shot at about five minutes in once we enter, so keep your wits about you and your pants on as well." Her head remained forward with her eyes trained on their destination. On occasion, her eyes darted around only to witness another petty crime before returning to the bar.

Street Near Bar

Corgan laughed out loud at her response to his shameless attempt at flirting. "Never heard that one. Hey, can't blame a man for tryin'." He said, then nodded his head at her next statement. "Good to know, Rose. Don't worry, I don't shoot unless I got a reason to. My mama raised me right, even with all the shit she went through, bless her." He got quiet for a moment, lost in thought. Mother, I know you can take care of yourself, but I hope you're safe.

His HUD flashed an indication that they were nearing their destination, pulling him out of his thoughts. He looked towards the bar as Rose spoke again. "Five minutes, huh? Think it'll take that long?" He pulled out his DataJockey to check the information Ace sent him. "So, we're lookin' for a Lorath, a Kodian, a Jiyuuian, and a half ID-SOL. Hmm, never seen a Kodian in person before. Wonder if they're as tough as they say." He put away the datapad after studying the faces and committing them to memory. His eyes scanned the area outside the bar again as they approached, looking for anyone who might be a gang member or a rival PMC.

The Bar

As Rose and Corgan entered the crowded bar, it was surprisingly well furnished. In the center of the room was several tables where people were playing cards and gambling. Againsts the walls were booths and tables with built in taps and holoboards showing the latest sport highlights from across the system. The bar was bustling with activity as the people were either jockeying for a spot at the tables or they were attempting to get a drink from the bar. The pair had their work cut out for them. Several people had seemed like a wealth of information. First a small Neko with long blond hair was chatting up the patrons as they hit on her and bought their drinks. Second was one of the men playing cards. A half-IDSOL who was cleaning house. Because of this there were some vacancies at his table that the other gamblers weren't willing to fill. Lastly was a older woman who sat in the middle of a both with several men standing around her, all trying to be the one who she would let sit with her. All of them would have a wealth of information, but who to chose?

One of the people in the bar had caught their eye however. A type three freespacer was observing everyone in the bar and noticed the pair walk in. She appeared to be another one of the late arrivals that Cyrus had told them to keep an eye out for.

The Market

Ace and Daniel walked towards the market which was bustling with people. Several stands were set up selling everything from weapons to freshly made foods. The people were gravitating around a con artist who had set a shell game. There were also two other stands that seemed to be generating some business. One was a weapons stand run by a portly gentleman who seemed to have his hands full selling all his merchandise. The other was a food stand run by an elderly woman who was selling cakes. There was a huge line of people waiting to buy one.

Quite the dilemma. All three places looked like a great place to glean information. But, who would have the info they needed?

Market
"I'll take the con man over there Aries and I can win any game no matter the odds it'll make him more talkative if I beat his game or him." Ace chuckled and walked towards the crowd not waiting for Daniel's reply,

As soon as Rosemary and Corgan entered, the identified Freespacer seemed to instantly lose interest in them. Turning from them to continue watching the various people of the bar, and nursing a drink of something cheap looking. Despite that, they would find their respective DataJockeys chirping as they received a new message that read simply:

"Arccos Two Three: Waiting for Cyrus Marshal.

If you're looking for information: It's probable that this place pays out protection money to one of the gangs. The cat at the bar might have seen some goings on, while the big dick winning at cards is probably one of theirs. The lady with her army of suitors should be someone important but seem less likely to be involved with this stuff.

My guesses only. Pick one and I can get into their communication logs if they have any, but I don't work for Ragnarok just yet.

Technically."

Bar

The second he entered the bar his eyes scanned the room for interesting patrons and flagged them with exclamation points above their heads. The small Nekovalkyrja, half-ID-SOL gambler, the older lady, and a remarkably pale Type 3 Freespacer who appeared to be looking for someone. He took a few more steps in and breathed in that bar smell - a blend of smoke, sweaty desperation, broken dreams and alcohol. "Now I feel right at home, Rose!" Corgan said, with a huge grin. His DataJockey began chirping an Aethersperm tune to alert him of the text. He pulled it out of the pocket in his armor and scanned the message.

"Arccos Two Three: Waiting for Cyrus Marshal.

If you're looking for information: It's probable that this place pays out protection money to one of the gangs. The cat at the bar might have seen some goings on, while the big dick winning at cards is probably one of theirs. The lady with her army of suitors should be someone important but seem less likely to be involved with this stuff.

My guesses only. Pick one and I can get into their communication logs if they have any, but I don't work for Ragnarok just yet.

Technically."

So, this Freespacer chick must be another recruit. He glanced over at her to get a better look, cybernetic eyes zooming in. Then he turned back to Rosemary and outlined his plan. "I say we split up, little lady. I'll take the kitten, you check out the card shark, and our new friend can keep the woman with men jockeying for a spot in her nethers company. What ya think?" He figured this way they had better odds of getting some information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Market
Ace arrived at the con man and immediately Aries pulled out his facial features to match one of the wanted people in the group that Cyrus had them targeting.
"Yea jackpot!!"
Ace flipped on his coms to all speak.
"Hey guys I found a wealth of information I got a confirmed underling I get back to you when I know more."
Ace then observed the man make his game and started to formulate a plan to beat it.
"Now what to ask?"
He mumbled to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back