• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Resurgence of Yamatai (YSS Resurgence)

Mini player survey time!

1. Does this seem like the right rating for this plot? If not, what do you suggest?

1611515050307.png

2. What are the places on planet Yamatai you're most eager to visit and spend some time in?

3. I like the idea of making most of our RP threads open RPs where randoms can mingle with us while we explore. Do you like that idea too?

1. Looks good to me.
  2. Aside from Kyoto, I only know about Ternifac and I just today learned about Malifar. Edit: oh yeah, and the Ice Queen Mountains. Specifically, Ice Queen Sake, which gives tours and samples for a very reasonable fee.
  3. I love open RP!

1. I'm ok with this. I might switch the language and the sex rating but that's just me.
2. I'm really good with anything. I just enjoy RPing.
3. I have enjoyed the open RP, but I think I enjoy a little more structure than non, especially for what I consider an actual ship/plot story.

1. I think that's perfect since we're trying to frame this as a beginner plot.

2. The Kaiyo did a trip to Ralt and explored some ruins once. I kind of want to see the more Nordic side of Yam.

3. I think pure open rp can be a disaster when we're trying to do a ship plot. I think it would be better if potential outsiders needed to ask permission and coordinate with the GM before hopping in. IE: I don't want a random Abwheran bodybuilding champion coming in and being a doofus while we're exploring a sorta creepy and ancient temple filled with traps.

Mini player survey time!
Can't believe I missed this earlier! Been a busy day of RP, I guess.

1. Good rating.

2. The South. I've never heard anything about those areas. Caitel, Melami, and Gemis islands all look interesting. Jhuniata, too, because it's a desert and that's different. Basically: places that aren't your standard picture of Yamatai. But really, every where's cool. In the course of GMing or RPing, I'll often find myself searching for places and picking the ones that have cool tidbits of story in past plots. Adding to that wealth of information is always awesome.

3. Having an Open RP plot is a cool idea. I don't love or hate the possibility and think you should do what you'll like GMing the most. Could be neat for "the locals" to be played by anybody who strolls through.

Pidole is not the type of person who gives back-talk, especially not to someone who outranks her. But she and the beetle are very attached! She had strong feelings!

Anyway, now that that's resolved...

1. 1-2-2 will be our RPG Rating. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

2. Thanks for the ideas! I hope to visit all of those places with you guys. I will definitely have to create some new lore for these places!

3. Hmm, I will try to figure out some sort of hybrid way of doing this (?)

I agree, if we're in a super busy spot like a city it can be an open RP thread (though perhaps only allow factional limitations, so we don't have just an unexplained, roaming party wandering around~), but a place where we're, well, not? Definitely standard structured RP ^^

Also, smolli post soon

"The palace is the first place on our list, the point from where we will start our exploration of the universe," Majime told her crew, her voice echoing in the Red's room's large and ornate space. "We have a lot to see but we should start with the center."
Yamatai being the center of the universe is now canon. Radicool 🤣

Do you guys want to do a JP night this Friday? We could cover a lot more ground that way.

I might be up for one, but group JPs are really overwhelming for me. Might not be able to stick around for that one, unfortunately.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back