• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Retiring Some Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Star Army!

In order to reduce the amount of work I have to do keeping up with styles, particularly older ones, I'm planning on retiring some of our older forum styles that are not used much, starting next month. These are the styles I plan to remove:
  • Flexile Dark
  • Lex's Theme
  • Holiday Winter (But I will wait until the new year for this one)
  • UI.X Halloween (disabled only)
This would make the remaining selection:
  • Star Army Tactical
  • The Ghost Nebula
    • Yui's Blood
  • XenForo Default
    • Old School Black
Also, I wanted to know if you guys would like a light version of the Tactical theme?

And if I got a better black theme and used the old school black colors and graphics, would you be opposed to it being replaced?

Just for clarification, we'll be keeping both Ghost Nebula and Yui's Blood regardless?

I will keep Ghost Nebula as long as I can, but it's no longer supported by its creator and I worry about applying updates to it. Yui's Blood is a variant of the Ghost Nebula theme so it's in a similar boat.

Just so long as Old-School Black remains, I have no problems with the above.
+1. Ghost Nebula was always pretty; I feel like that theme ushered a new feel for SARP. But old school black can't be beat for this old-timer.

That really sucks to hear that Ghost Nebula will die someday! I hated it at first, but tbh it's really good. The fact that almost everything on it is transparent is really easy on the eyes. There are no big old blocks of color clashing against each other. It's literally the most perfectly eye-gonomic theme I've ever had the privilege of using.

If we could have kept every theme of the past, I would have liked to have kept that orange PHPBB2 theme "Solaris." It was a fave of mine.

Is it possible to add the notifications (mail/alerts) to the top bar in the default theme? The Halloween theme had that, and it was very handy to be able to still see those anywhere on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back