• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission RUDaaS Missile + Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yamatai’s torpedo doesn’t have a range for its explosion of 3 light seconds. And this warhead is literally like stuffing a destroyer sized shock cannon in a missile.

You are trying to put a weapon completely equivalent to the main gun of a plumeria inside a missile.

There’s a reason that this is OP: it’s a tier 13 weapon which effects a 899377 km long cone.

As a main ship weapon, which you based this warhead off of, those stats are fine.

For a 2.4 meter long missile, not so much.
Objection: Arieg’s missiles are now off the site. No precedent exists.

Also remember that just 2.4ly is the distance between our blue-green rock in space and Alpha Centauri, the closest star to us.
Now these are excellent points. Thank you for raising these very valid concerns. I too would love a smaller blast radius so we don't wipe out the whole system trying to hit a single ship. I was thinking more along the lines of a Tsar bomb.

The radius of a Tsar Bomb is actually not that unreasonable in current SARP, especially if it’s a directed blast.

Look, it’s space. Who the hell are you gonna collateral with a Tsar bomb. You’ll definitely collateral someone with a multi-ly range bomb, though.

The missile is 19 meters long so that it fits in a container, and the warhead is about half that. It is nearly an order of magnitude larger than the same type of weapon Yamatai uses. In terms of tier the weapon is a little bit lower than where it should be maybe.

The complaint seems to be just with the directed energy part of the weapon. Maybe you’d prefer the cone angle be reduced instead of basing it off the ASC?

Ultimately, I don’t think there should be a problem with the single-target mode of the weapon since that seems right in line with other equipment.

Well, since things are getting interesting, I'm claming this submission.

The issue I have with it is it's using a missile as its metric, not a ship-mounted big laser weapon. Shouldn't missiles be using missile metrics?

What missile metrics?

I know I’m not the only one who’s been asking for basic guidelines for ships on the NTSE, and we haven’t been able to get that much less missile metrics.

So speed has been intentionally set to starship speed because that is approveable. Similarly because it’s a missile I also went on the conservative side for size tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back