• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Rules] Submission Rules Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
A minor update that, apart from a couple of minor grammatical fixes, literally only adds the following text to the Once your Submission is Approved section:
  • Damage Rating version (i.e. converting from DRv2 to DRv3)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FMs should be able to review stuff for their faction. If someone thinks the review isn't fair its pretty easy to challenge it.

The NTSE right now is downright toxic, impossibly slow, and takes up too much time as it is. We don't need to keep finding ways to aggressively make the problems worse.

FMs shouldn’t be able to review their own faction’s stuff, @Zack, because let’s be honest: an FM reviewing his or her own faction’s stuff has very few reasons to reject something or ensure that it isn’t overpowered - and plenty of reasons to approve something, especially if it’s overpowered.

Last edited:
And if the FM approves something that goes against the site rules, it can be rejected. Seems like a simple solution.

Zack's proposed method is begging for people to reject other setting submission mods' work on that basis. I find it easier to have gone by the rule of thumb that FMs shouldn't give a full review of their own faction's stuff. It has happened in the past where they have been able to, but it doesn't need to be that way in the future.

@Wes the submission rules seem to lack something super explicit about red links, can we add that?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back