• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Perhaps slightly.

By the way, how many engineers are left? I'm feeling like they're multiplying from their place of cover compared to how many there ought to be on such a small craft. That is, unless Shizuka is missing badly, she should have tagged at least three by now; never mind what Sakura and Kaede should have managed..

Ah, but I don't want you to know how many there are unless you use your Nodal Support Drones to count them/shoot around their cover. Everyone seems to have forgotten those existed, and I thought they'd have seen more use... You are substantially taking down their numbers and shooting through weaker cover as it is. What Shizuka has started doing will also work though.

I forgot they existed! I only gave the MINDY a once over to understand how it worked and then forgot everything except "there's a gun". >>

This is a training exercise, so there are few better times to familiarize yourself with the machine and its capabilities. The Kirie and Keiko retain the same drones as well, for reference.

Welcome. Shizuka's actions, however, were effective as well. Engineering and Wardroom have fallen for the moment to PA team control. I'd say you've taken out about half the crew.

Just so you know, we can expect a plot audit in April. As such, please make sure your bios are up to date and maintain activity.

Just so you know, Miyako is in job training for a new position at work, and it's 'turning her brain into mush'. She will try to RP, but it may impact her timing and ability to participate in plot audit stuff.

At the moment I'm pondering if we should have a survey this time and what questions it should have. Otherwise, things we need to do are make sure that the wiki is all up to date for the players and ship and that the players are reasonably active.

Okay, the Plot Audit is due this month. I would like to address something specific.

Some of you not only haven't updated your wiki, but haven't even touched the bio or posted that your characters are assigned to the Sakura II in your pages! There's absolutely no record of anything that's happened since character creation. I know we've been a bit slow, but we haven't been that slow...especially since the newest character is six months old in RP time.

I was trying to get Chibis for the remainder of you who haven't had them yet, but the rules in the request thread state that I can only request Chibis for people who have up to date wiki articles and bios. Not just for the sake of the plot audit but also for the chibi art, please update your wiki articles fully. I've been pretty lax asking for players to maintain their articles for the plot audit up to now since we've been able to manage a B consistently, but some of us need to try a little bit more.

Reactions: Wes
I just thought I'd leave message saying I'm withdrawing Tsukiko from this RP and going on hiatus. I've been far too busy lately to post at appropriate intervals and I'm really sorry for that. I will also be unable to follow this plot to the end due to not knowing when I will have time to post. Please feel free to NPC Tsukiko until the end of this plot.

While regrettable, I understand that such things happen and that life comes first. I thank you for making sure to inform us. Some people just up and leave without saying anything, and letting us know when you're unable to continue for the moment is simply good RP manners. You're welcome back at any time!

Last edited:
Okay, here is a survey to fill out. Please PM me your answers.

1. What things do you like the most about the YSS Sakura II plot?

2. What things about the YSS Sakura II plot could be improved?

3. What type of situations/plot development would you like to see more of?

4. Do you have any ideas for plot points or future missions?

5. Are you happy with your character's position aboard the ship? What would you like to change or focus on, if anything?

6. Should I make a thread independent of the missions for just random one-on one interactions, and one for general sexy shenanigans?

7. Is there any specific equipment you think that the YSS Sakura II should be stocked with/upgraded to use?

8. How do you feel about the plot's pacing/posting rate?

Any additional comments:

We're getting down to the wire for plot audits. Please update your wiki articles, respond to the above survey in PMs or here, and post.

This is getting silly. Yaichiro and two others are waiting for three of you to show up for a meeting, and the last post was a week ago.

One more day before I post and you are ICly late unless I have a proper excuse to justify coming up with some IC reason for absence. We'll start without you either way.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…