• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Thanks, but I want to get this started soon. And happy birthday, Yagen!

Also, the refits of the Plumeria and Chiaki have been approved.

I made orders threads and gave ranks and medals. Please check for them and let me know if there are problems/awards that were not received that should have been.

Last edited:
I have only seen two people from the Sakura II posting in the festival, and no one else has OOCly posted here. Can I have an idea of if you're simply waiting for a mission to start and decline to post in the Hanami Festival if you haven't otherwise posted anything?

I think people maybe aren't sure what to do and we should probably close the festival and move on with our missions. The Festival has been about a month OOCly anyway so we had a good chance for everyone to mingle.

Yeah, the festival has wound down. I had hoped that some people who said they'd submit characters would do so, but they haven't. Because of that we lack even the basics of a Power Armor Team. I can play some NPCs short term, but the long term survival of the plot needs a few more people. I didn't realize I'd lose 3/4ths of the playerbase when I took over.

For those reading this who said they'd get characters in, please try to do so.

Acewing hasn't responded to me in over a month and the ELOA I was told about expired a month ago. I'm having to drop their character until they get to me.

Announement: Due to recent changes in ship design rules, the Plumeria 2E will be having its Missile Launchers be unused. They are likely to be removed fully and officially, but I am waiting for a time to see how a discussion on missile launchers under DRv3 plays out.

Yep! Please welcome the new player, and I also ask the new player both to respond to the orders and clarify her rank: Your orders thread states that your girl was previously promoted to a Joto Heisho instead of being a Nito Heisho still. This contradicts your last post and your wiki page.

As the rank is established by an IC communication from a previous plot's CO, I'm going with Joto Heisho until otherwise stated.

Edit: An RP thread has been found explaining why she re-enlisted as a Nito Heisho, though it was not properly verified in the Orders thread. We'll go with Nito Heisho after all, but Yaichiro is likely to review her rank after the mission...especially since she has since served for a good while without reported issues in the Tenth Fleet.

Last edited:
Okay, found out that I need to do a plot review. I know things have started out sluggish, and apologize for that. I had also intended to wait a tiny bit for some Tier values to be finished for Kuvexian ships, but I'll have to step things up a tad there as well.

I'd also like a roll call to see who is still here.

We are open to new players. However, we already have a scientist at on the bridge. What sort of RP is your scientist looking for/able to do aside from that? I need to be able to provide a place for them.

Aradia can do bolth bridge bunny and field work stuff for being a scientist - she could stick around with the infantry nerdos to do stuff off of the ship! ^^

(I'm thinking of things like possibly, hacking, data recording/collection, stuff like that - things that are usually tough to do from the safety of a bridge.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back