• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

We currently have two people interested in putting a Nepleslian aboard via the exchange program, and they first showed that interest in less than 24 hours of each other. I hesitate to stick two people on the same ship using this system, but will if I have to.

The first is Firebrand, who already has a character ready and showed interest in this avenue first by a very narrow margin. My concern is that as a Corporal, he'd translate to an NCO and thus be a similar rank to Datenshi on the PA Team. Having a Nepleslian as part of the PA Team isn't bad in and of itself, but I have some plans for the PA Team command structure that this confounds to a degree. I'm not sure how to have so many NCOs around without degrading the meaning of the rank and running into problems. Otherwise, I have no real issues with this character's participation and don't want to just push them away.

The second is SirSkully, who is already part of the plot but needs to make a character to replace Lucii, who the player feels is not enjoyable/was rushed. I certainly want to keep SirSkully's place in the plot, even if it's through character swap. They don't have a character finished at this time.

I need ideas from these two on how best to make this work.

Could use Menelik and the other Nepleslian as an outrider team: Hostiles and Aggressors aren't as fast as a Mindy, but use them as an anvil for mindy PA's to hammer enemies on, or as a point force, and that works.

'Course, this is if Menelik doesn't end up getting a real estate deal on Himiko, or ending up doing a good job that he gets bumped up to 2nd Lieutenant- Which would give us the opposite problem.

With the clarification from Legix that only a single Nep exchange soldier can be on a ship, I decided that Skully should be on the ship more than me- they shouldn't be forced to play a character they don't find interesting to make room for me, and shouldn't be kicked out because they had a more interesting character idea.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back