• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Re: [OOC] Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experimen

Wes has ordered the Plot Audit, as expected. Please get on editing character bios!

Also, Demibear has been gone because of reasons beyond his control, but may be coming back. I may edit the post that ICly excused his character from the mission to a delay.

Gonna have to drop off, too. Some reason just never in the mood to post here even when I've the time, apologizes.

Sorry to hear that, Gamer. Are you sending your character anywhere specific, discharging, or should I send your character to a placeholder ship?

There's a place for unassigned characters at Fort Minori if you want to use it.

Sigria and Kyoto transferred to Fort Minori. Everyone else please update your bios, and ask for usergroup access if you haven't obtained it already.

just a heads up for my post, Redcon stands for ready condition. its a term we used on our radios while deployed to signal we were ready to roll through the gate on mission.

also... i assumed we can color coat our radio messages to make it easier to see what we say over coms? or is that the different channels we are speaking on? if so what colors would you liked assigned to which channel? for example...

Blue: command channel (link to ship)
Green: Team channel (all team members)
Red: Direct channel (to specific person)
white: General open (spoken outside of armor to public)

the colors wouldn't have to be a perfect match to what i have highlighted here, so long as it looks similar, but If we adopt this ill change my post to reflect it but i just wanted to ask before we get started.

I like the idea,

I only colored mine to show I was using the comms and so that folks that might be just skim reading things that aren't directly affecting them sigh catch a comm call to them.

but I'm all for the color coding, if the GM is.

There may be some confusion, as the term Readiness Condition is already used in the Star Army of Yamatai in a similar way to how the US Army uses REDCON.

I did not know this...lol. since its already in use in another capacity ill go ahead and remove it.

Maybe you can come up with an alternate term.

I like the idea of color-coded messages as an option. The action text can be used to elaborate to help further to place it in context, of course.

my trigger finger is itching here...lol can we kick off this mission now? the suspense is killing me! in all though seriousness i understand if you guys have been busy.

I'm sorry, we've had a rash of changing people. First Gamer (Sigria) is gone right after joining, and now Demibear (Suzuki-Shoi) has IMed me letting me know he's quit the plot. We had to change the person handling the Starfighter, and now the person commanding the mission.

I'm going to skip forward to deployment next post, with Yai leading the mission. We have been dragging too much trying to compensate for these last minute bailings.

There's no one alive on the Sakura so I'm just sort of waiting until something happens to post. xD

Miyako said:
There's no one alive on the Sakura so I'm just sort of waiting until something happens to post. xD
Post anyway? Waiting isn't going to help the RP keep going.

sorry got bogged down with work and recently found out i got a job offer from my cities fire department lol. to say my mind has been elsewhere on cloud nine is an understatement. ive posted my bit though and am keeping tabs again.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back