• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SARPcast & SARPtalk (Podcast shows)

Re: SARPcast

My Skype ID: stararmy

Revolver said:
The point of "Pimp your Plot," which I believe failed to actually get mentioned on the program, is for the guest to pimp out one plot, whether it's one they're playing in, running, reading, or preparing to run. It's purely a way to draw in players (onsite or offsite) to the featured plot. If you guys want, I can restrict guest GMs to only talk about one they're running or plan on running, where I can ask more plot-related questions ("so, can you give us some insight on what's going to happen next aboard the ship?") but I think an enthusiastic player is just as fun to listen to, and can tell about their own experiences on why they think the plot they're in is so good to get more people interested.
I like this idea. Who knows; maybe one day you'll have multiple guests and get both GM and player perspectives on plots.

As for guests picking a plot that I'm not intimately familiar with, I'm going to try and get the guest's choice a week in advance, so if it is one I'm not a part of (or I don't actively read), I can spend a week brushing up. I'm sure it'll still be more evident in those SARPcasts, because I'll be asking more questions during that segement.
Ah, that's reassuring to hear. Makes sense that you've got yourself on the ball if you've made it this far, haha.

Doshii Jun said:
And really, we just want you to interview Kyoki. I mean, c'mon.
This would make a lot of people happy. A lot more than it really should. O:

SARPcast Suggested Topics:

Military Rations in the SARP
- Yamatai (types 29, 30, 31)
- Nepleslia (NMRs)
- UOC ?
- Lor ?
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... upply_pack
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... anteen_kit
- Elysia ?

Exploring Star Army's Artwork
- Media manager browsing
- Galleries (Zairyo's etc)
- List of characters drawn

Ways to Detail Star Systems
- Generators
- Resources/Trade/Export Info
- RP History

More DOGA Tips
- Why you should pick materials, not just textures and colors
- You can right click and drag to rotate the model.
- Custom Textures (like Star Army symbol, etc)
- Use glowy bits and make engines and stuff glow
- Unchecking "grid fitting" to get a part JUST RIGHT
- Duplicate reversing X and X - use to keep things symmetrical
- Create parts of a ship as a separate model and then append to the main one
- Add part from file

Haha. I was actually waiting until we had a couple shows under our belt before making a wiki page, but thanks, I'll pretty it up and add some info that might be relevant.

I have a few topics for suggestion!

"At what measure is a non-awesome?"
"What makes the PC's stick out from the others?"
"Guns, Big guns, BIG HONKIN' GUNS!"
"Awesome Activities spotted in..." (Possibly part of Pimp My Plot)
"Great things about Great Nations."

Time to switch to decaf, Exhack!

(listening now)

I would have, but I was actually flying sober as a judge. Unless you consider nerves to be a drug.

A suggestion, more to Revolver but it involves everyone else, too;

Move the mic away from your mouth, possibly actually above it. Test it to see if you are still quite audible... Whenever you laugh, or such, you breath rather heavily into the mic. Doing this could alleviate the issue.

Oh, what, you don't enjoy hearing them make impressions of elephants blowing through their trunks? D:>

Good cast fellas, even if Ex was speaking a mile a minute, haha!

ALSO WHERE WAS THE HANAKO'S PANTIES SECTION

YOU PROMISED US REV! D:<

This is a good idea that is being executed extremely well and it is very informative for people like me who:

1) Don't have the time they used to to visit all the forums they are not a part of.

2) Want to catch up on all the news and events going on.

I think a good addition would be a section for editorializing, where you would pick a time slot to talk about something you feel strongly about and just share your opinion. It's like one of those 'talking points' sections from O'Reilly, Colbert Report, Countdown, etc.

Maybe grill your guest on the topic as well. Not aggressively, but put him or her on the spot and do an interview. I think it would be funny to have some improvisation in there.

Finally listened to SARPcast #4, and I must say it was funny hearing you guys drop my name so much.

On another note, I suggest you find a much less prominent player from the site, and interview them on their views of the site 'from the bottom of the barrel'

Also, some major discussion on where you think the site as a whole is going would be interesting.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back